Expired Hot Deals

[Calm.com] Free 1 year of Calm subscription (meditation app)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2020 9:51 am
Dec 6, 2014
2 posts
Regina Beach, SK
This is fantastic, thank you very much!

I have generally been a complete skeptic.... and was pretty much completely opposed to even trying meditation.

Howeve, recently, through a bit of a personal rough patch, I became desperate enough to give this app a try, and will honestly say, though it takes some effort, i has helped me significantly. It can help me to take myself from a pit of despair to near level and I have absolutely noticed a trend towards more positive feelings in my mood log.

Even if you are a skeptic, I highly recoomend giving this a shot, you will never know if you do not try!
Dec 20, 2012
586 posts
391 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP. I was looking at this app the other day while browsing for apps to help with sleep, but decided not to download it because of the subscription. I'll definitely try using it now.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3562 posts
3813 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
icekaibe wrote: What were the benefits you found?
as you've read, lots of people like meditation, lots think its stupid, so benefits are a personal thing

I find meditation really, really difficult. I can build a rocket better then I can meditate
after about 2-3 weeks I started noticing I was reacting to things a little better, less anxious, better focused.
also for me, sleep was a large gain. I take hours to fall asleep. Meditation helped me to quiet the mind and I was able to fall asleep faster.

It really is a personal journey. Try the app, and start really small, like just attempt to meditate for 60 seconds. The app will guide you through this. I like these apps, because they know that your mind will wander off, and they gently remind you to reign it in. With this, you do have to be nice to yourself and know that your mind will wander and restarting is not failing, it's just another chance to start again.

If you have something that you'd like to do better in (not be perfect, just a little better) I do recommend trying it.
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3562 posts
3813 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
I just love that you've been on RFD for 5 years, and meditation is your first post. Money is not as important as a healthy mind I guess :)
WhiskeyRodeo wrote: This is fantastic, thank you very much!

I have generally been a complete skeptic.... and was pretty much completely opposed to even trying meditation.

Howeve, recently, through a bit of a personal rough patch, I became desperate enough to give this app a try, and will honestly say, though it takes some effort, i has helped me significantly. It can help me to take myself from a pit of despair to near level and I have absolutely noticed a trend towards more positive feelings in my mood log.

Even if you are a skeptic, I highly recoomend giving this a shot, you will never know if you do not try!
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4743 posts
2037 upvotes
Global Village
Terrific, thanks OP.
All day I dream about sports
Mar 14, 2018
401 posts
294 upvotes
Thanks OP, will give it a try BUT I don't think it'll work on me.
Nov 14, 2007
101 posts
139 upvotes
all the passengers on that cruise ship need to get this
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2017
1501 posts
3378 upvotes
bobby_747 wrote: I purchased a yearly subscription during Black Friday, today I clicked the link posted by Op (thanks btw) and my subscription has been extended by 3 months.

I canceled my automatic subscription renewal first in order to get the additional 3 months.
So only 3 month extension vs. A year with new account? I’ll sign up with a new account then.
Penalty Box
Mar 12, 2017
256 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
DEALS DEAD! WEBSITE NOW GIVES 404 ERROR. SHUT IT DOWN
May 10, 2015
243 posts
155 upvotes
Orillia, ON
Thanks OP. I signed up as well as had a friend who could really use this!
May 10, 2015
243 posts
155 upvotes
Orillia, ON
NickC05 wrote: DEALS DEAD! WEBSITE NOW GIVES 404 ERROR. SHUT IT DOWN
Yup. Looks like that’s it.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2005
3526 posts
1325 upvotes
Pointe-Claire
Done deal?!... RFD effect? Just after telling others about it....
Grrrr... now I need to use the app. Thinking Face
I can't afford to save that much!