• Feb 8th, 2019 3:55 am
[OP]
Feb 4, 2012
21 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto

[Calm] Free 8-month trial to Calm meditation app

Deal Link:
Found on another deal site, and didn't see it posted here yet.

https://www.calm.com/justkeeplivin

Normally $59.99/yr. No credit card information required. There's an iOS and Android app, plus it's available on the web. This is a guided meditation app in the vein of Headspace and others (I've been using Oak for the past little while, but going to try this for something more varied and guided).
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3981 posts
1524 upvotes
Ottawa
For those of you who suffer from anxiety, insomnia, depression or anything similar - GET THIS

Is there an expiry date OP?
[OP]
Feb 4, 2012
21 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
john.canad wrote: Is there an expiry date OP?
Sorry, no idea, and it doesn't say on the sign up page. Also, this offer is through a charity partnership, so I am hoping there is not a limited number of sign-ups, but not positive.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2298 posts
1894 upvotes
Vancouver
Only 21 days?

Welcome
Congrats! Your free trial to Calm has been activated.

With Calm, you’ll discover how meditation can improve your mood — and your life. Start your journey today by trying out 21 Days of Calm.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22360 posts
170132 upvotes
GTA
evanwier wrote: Only 21 days?

Welcome
Congrats! Your free trial to Calm has been activated.

With Calm, you’ll discover how meditation can improve your mood — and your life. Start your journey today by trying out 21 Days of Calm.
Got that message too, but if you go into the app and Settings-->Manage Subscription, you will see that you have the 8 months. I think the "21 Days of Calm" is one of their meditation tracks and is just a suggestion to get started.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3981 posts
1524 upvotes
Ottawa
toguy wrote: Got that message too, but if you go into the app and Settings-->Manage Subscription, you will see that you have the 8 months. I think the "21 Days of Calm" is one of their meditation tracks and is just a suggestion to get started.
Yeah I've been using this for 1.5 years and the 21 days of calm is an extension to their 7 days of calm series (which you can access w/o a subscription)
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12298 posts
1992 upvotes
Vancouver
i wanna try BUT i signed up on my computer. It says 21 days. I then downloaded the app on my android. I don't see 8 months? Did i do something wrong?

Thanks

Oh nevermind :) i see it now. Thank u OP. Hope i can get something out of this. Decent sleep would be nice.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Thanks, OP!! So glad you posted it in the hot deals so we can all spot it - Mods, please don't switch a hot deal like this over to freebies, when it can reach so many more here!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4006 posts
5735 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
is Calm better than Headspace? I've just started Headspace cause it's free
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3981 posts
1524 upvotes
Ottawa
raskal wrote: is Calm better than Headspace? I've just started Headspace cause it's free
Headspace only allows you to listen to a certain number of sessions with the free subscription.

Same with Calm, but I like Calm better because I like the voice, and you have the option to play background music. They also have bedtime stories which are helpful for those really sleepless nights.
Mar 6, 2006
734 posts
551 upvotes
GTA
You have a gift subscription

You were given free access to Calm on February 12th, 2018 through a promotion with our partner just keep livin Foundation.

Your access will lapse on October 20th, 2018. If you’d like to continue your subscription after that, you can do so by visiting calm.com/subscribe
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
Thanks OP just signed up and will try this Smiling Face With Open Mouth
john.canad wrote: For those of you who suffer from anxiety, insomnia, depression or anything similar - GET THIS
Dealing with all of those since I have been spending more time on RFD.

Anxiety=Waiting for the next hot RFD
Insomnia=Trying to figure out if I should pull the trigger on that big screen TV deal
Depression=After missing a good deal because I didn't login to RFD
/SARCASM :rolleyes:

Joking aside, in todays world anxiety/insomnia and depression is all to common and even something as simple as just taking a bit of time to use something like this can often help.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Dec 24, 2014
115 posts
73 upvotes
GVRD
Thanks OP. I have a subscription to headspace but have not been meditating as religiously lately. Hopefully, this new app will get be back into a regular routine.
Dec 6, 2005
572 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for posting this op.
I'll let my wife know about this.
Oct 25, 2017
15 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks very much OP. This is great. I wanted to try it out....and 8 months is fantastic!