Students

Cambrian College - MRI tech program

[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
15 posts
Toronto

Cambrian College - MRI tech program

I got into the MRI graduate certificate program at Cambrian College in Sudbury and was wondering if anyone has completed it before. If so, how was the education and program? Any information/feedback would be great!

Also if you've been to Cambrian, how was the school and programs in general. I'm looking for any and all information/reviews about the college and it's education in general.

Thanks in advance for the help.
9 replies
[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
Thanks I actually read up about that but it's the health information program in which that happened - completed unrelated to MRI.

Anyone have any info on the MRI program (taken it) or more feedback about the college, etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
That isn't enough of a deterant?

It's a for-profit college, so ....
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2938 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
If you can secure a clinical site prior to your education. Perhaps taking the MRI program via distance education at Michener or even NAIT is better route?

Only thing Cambrian offers is a short 8 month program. In my opinion, I would find it difficult to learn all the didactic information in one term. But since it is certified with CAMRT, you will be prepped for the national exam.
Jul 15, 2014
48 posts
8 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I was also admitted for this year. Not sure yet if I am going to go, but I am entering with a degree and not MRT, so most schools are gonna be picky since its usually competitive.

I looked through the last year's course outlines, you need 70% in each course to pass. So probably gonna be tough.
I'd look through those if I were you.

I need to make my choice fairly soon now. And I do believe most of the programs in canada that are in class work out to a 1 year program, usually with second half being all in clinic.

I already have the textbooks and have started reading for what its worth
[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
15 posts
Toronto
vivakp wrote: I was also admitted for this year. Not sure yet if I am going to go, but I am entering with a degree and not MRT, so most schools are gonna be picky since its usually competitive.

I looked through the last year's course outlines, you need 70% in each course to pass. So probably gonna be tough.
I'd look through those if I were you.

I need to make my choice fairly soon now. And I do believe most of the programs in canada that are in class work out to a 1 year program, usually with second half being all in clinic.

I already have the textbooks and have started reading for what its worth
What degree you have heading into the MRI?
Dec 26, 2016
1 posts
Did you end up going to Cambrian after? Hopefully will be attending the MRI program in sept after I finish my kinesiology degree in April. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)