Art and Photography

Camera & Lens & Photo Accessories price check thread.

  • Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 4:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1628 posts
1506 upvotes
I had been looking at the Canon 80-200mm F2.8L Magic Drainpipe for a while. I know that it is hard to repair and no IS. But I don't shoot enough weddings/parties to spent $2000 on the 70-200. I plan to only use this for special occasions so hopefully it will still last a while.

After looking around for months, finally there is a (what seems to be) good condition lens at a good price, and pulled the trigger. My very first L lens that I will own (although I did borrow a few). Any opinions?

Item: Canon EF 80-200mm F/2.8 L Lens Made In Japan
Condition: Used, very good.
Seller: Ebay, seller from Japan
Price: $447.81 CDN + duties & custom (not sure how much this will be)
Date: 2020-10-23
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19516 posts
12578 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CCHIPSS wrote: I had been looking at the Canon 80-200mm F2.8L Magic Drainpipe for a while. I know that it is hard to repair and no IS. But I don't shoot enough weddings/parties to spent $2000 on the 70-200. I plan to only use this for special occasions so hopefully it will still last a while.

After looking around for months, finally there is a (what seems to be) good condition lens at a good price, and pulled the trigger. My very first L lens that I will own (although I did borrow a few). Any opinions?

Item: Canon EF 80-200mm F/2.8 L Lens Made In Japan
Condition: Used, very good.
Seller: Ebay, seller from Japan
Price: $447.81 CDN + duties & custom (not sure how much this will be)
Date: 2020-10-23
While I can't comment on the lens in question as I shoot Nikon, I can comment about Japan and cameras in Japan having been there and purchased equipment while I was there. Is the seller a private individual from Japan or one of the many used camera stores in Japan? If it's one of the big camera stores, I would not hestitate to buy it from them (depending on price and condition of course) as the Japan used camera market isn't like our used camera market. They have much higher standards for used equipment and much of what's considered a 8 out of 10 over there is really a 10 over here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2016
1628 posts
1506 upvotes
craftsman wrote: While I can't comment on the lens in question as I shoot Nikon, I can comment about Japan and cameras in Japan having been there and purchased equipment while I was there. Is the seller a private individual from Japan or one of the many used camera stores in Japan? If it's one of the big camera stores, I would not hestitate to buy it from them (depending on price and condition of course) as the Japan used camera market isn't like our used camera market. They have much higher standards for used equipment and much of what's considered a 8 out of 10 over there is really a 10 over here.
I bought from a company called "Interesting Japan", from a guy called miyahjp2013. I am not sure if he is a private seller or he runs a used camera store. I guess a camera store since he is selling 800 other camera items and many other lens.

https://www.ebay.ca/str/interestingjapan
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19516 posts
12578 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CCHIPSS wrote: I bought from a company called "Interesting Japan", from a guy called miyahjp2013. I am not sure if he is a private seller or he runs a used camera store. I guess a camera store since he is selling 800 other camera items and many other lens.

https://www.ebay.ca/str/interestingjapan
The seller looks like he sells a lot of stuff so I would not be surprised if he does this for living. I'm assuming that he sources from the local Japanese market so the equipment should be in good shape.
Member
User avatar
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
EOS RP would be at good sale starting 24th December (online) at BestBuy.
Capture.JPG
Jr. Member
Jan 6, 2015
142 posts
363 upvotes
Corbeil,ON
coolaw79 wrote: EOS RP would be at good sale starting 24th December (online) at BestBuy.

Capture.JPG
Yeah that's a good price for the RP. Just bought mine for 1100 on Black Friday
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19516 posts
12578 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looks like Canon needs to clear some stock... I wonder how poor the sales are considering the RP is a very recent model and the regular price now was the BF price just a few weeks ago.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 29, 2007
8222 posts
1406 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks to @produceprincess for the info!

Don’s Photo

On online order over $1000. Cannot be combined with other offers. Free shipping on orders over $99.

https://www.canadapost.ca/greatbuys/offers/dons-photo/

SAVE $100 ONLINE

This holiday season shop online with Don’s Photo and save $100. We have what every photographer or content creator needs from brands like Sony, Canon, Nikon, Sigma, SanDisk, and many more. Enjoy hassle free shopping with fast and free shipping.

Copy and paste this promo code at donsphoto.com

$100 off $1000.00 Coupon Code: CPHOL100


===
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2007
10638 posts
8642 upvotes
Winnipeg
The price of Sony A7III doesn't seem to want to go below the $2300 number :s..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6466 posts
3108 upvotes
Germany
kwk1 wrote: Z6 w/extra battery at Aden for $1799. https://www.adencamera.com/Nikon-Z6-Mir ... P3278.aspx

I know, poor autofocus, lol.
What? The Z cameras track just as well as the Sony full frame cameras. The issue is the interface was awful, but that's been rectified by firmware. Source: had a Z6.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2007
1284 posts
903 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
unshavenyak wrote: What? The Z cameras track just as well as the Sony full frame cameras. The issue is the interface was awful, but that's been rectified by firmware. Source: had a Z6.
Eye AF was so good you got rid of it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6466 posts
3108 upvotes
Germany
kwk1 wrote: Eye AF was so good you got rid of it.
I got rid of it because it was too bulky for me. I mainly use my cameras while hiking or cross country skiing and m4/3 serves me well there. For everything else, I have my Leica.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 7, 2007
1284 posts
903 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
unshavenyak wrote: I got rid of it because it was too bulky for me. I mainly use my cameras while hiking or cross country skiing and m4/3 serves me well there. For everything else, I have my Leica.
Fair enough. I've just read and watched so much that I've come to the conclusion that the eye af close to Sony and Canon has the best right now. If I was confident with the Z6/II eye AF, I might get one myself. Have to wait till the stores open back up here. I know the 6 got an update and I'm hoping with 2 processors the 6II will be improved further.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1410 posts
607 upvotes
Canada
unshavenyak wrote: What? The Z cameras track just as well as the Sony full frame cameras. The issue is the interface was awful, but that's been rectified by firmware. Source: had a Z6.
Ya, the Z6/7 tested for BiF by Mathieu Gasquet to have much better keeper rates than all Sony cameras except the A9/II.
Member
User avatar
May 31, 2017
376 posts
416 upvotes
GTA
If you are looking for heavy duty tripod ballhead which can support a bit heavy camera equipment( up to 44lbs) very well, then Benro B4 ballhead is on good price at Amazon Ca right now (CAD 203.59)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00D3U ... UTF8&psc=1

Price at B&H (USD202.37)
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... 3YQAvD_BwE

A good review on the ballhead.
https://www.danielwrethamphotography.co ... ead-review
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1602 posts
699 upvotes
Was thinking of the R but I don't really care bout video and ended up buying the RP. Very happy and impressed autofocus is great, love the images superb little camera for the price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
6466 posts
3108 upvotes
Germany
dairymandip wrote: Was thinking of the R but I don't really care bout video and ended up buying the RP. Very happy and impressed autofocus is great, love the images superb little camera for the price.
My only gripe with the RP (for the price point) is the low dynamic range at base ISO and tiny battery. It's lower than m4/3 and you can use pixel shifting with m4/3. I think if they put a newer sensor in the RP II, Canon will have a real winner there.

Top