Can anyone explain how to redeem Petro-Points for gas?
- You can not transfer or redeem points to your Petro-Points card, this card is only used to acquire new points.
- In order to redeem your points for gas you have to use a Fuel Savings Reward Card - of which there are two - a 10c one and a 5c one.
- Although the Petro-Points website claims that you can get a card and activate it online and transfer your points to it, you cannot actually activate a new card online.
- On the phone I was told that you have to actually buy the 20,000 points that the new Fuel Savings Card comes with in order to activate it. I don't want to buy 20,000 points, I want to redeem my own.
- The website says you can transfer your points to a Fuel Savings Reward Card "in-store", but my experience so far, is that the in-store clerks are not familiar with, or don't understand, how to do this.
- It appears that once your Savings Reward Card is activated you can then transfer points to it online. But given that the website also says you can activate the Fuel Savings Card card online and you can't, I wonder if this is correct.
SUPPORT CONCLUSION BY PHONE
The lengthy conversation I had on the phone resulted in the conclusion that I could only buy the points on a Fuel Savings Reward Card to activate it.
SUPPORT EMAIL QUOTE
If you want to redeem your points, you need to use your Petro-Points card. If you want to buy Fuel Saving Reward card by using points, you need to use your Petro-Points card to redeem points. While at the station, simply select your reward and hand your Petro-Points card to one of our attendants. The redemption will then be processed. Does this make sense to anyone? The website clearly states you cannot use your Petro-Points card to redeem points. And what do they mean by "choose" your reward? Do they actually mean you can donate, or buy a gift card, or choose one of the other options to redeem points in-store as well? I find that hard to believe.
Has anyone been able to successfully redeem points for the first time? I would love to hear how you did it.