Automotive

Can the bmw extended warranty (vsc) be claimed at approved indie shops?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 10:07 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 13, 2018
47 posts
24 upvotes
Markham

Can the bmw extended warranty (vsc) be claimed at approved indie shops?

Anyone have experience in claiming bmw vsc warranty at approved indie shops rather than the dealers. I’m starting to get annoyed of how shitty the dealers do a warranty claim job on the car. Having worked for a bmw dealership in the past i have seen a lot of crap to say your better off finding a trustworthy indie shop to get the work done properly and with care.
7 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31754 posts
18685 upvotes
Toronto
How can an Indy shop submit paperwork to Bmw Canada for authorization to do any warranty work ?

You are better off in going to other bmw dealer to get it done.

In rare situation such as you were traveling and your car broke down and you ended up fixing it and paid the bill initially at first and then you submitted your payment for reimbursement. In this case, your case will be reviewed accordingly and reimbursement may be made if deemed valid under warranty claim.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
4430 posts
2931 upvotes
Almost for all warranty claims the manufacturer has to approve and authorize before the pay. If you dont get prior authorization or approval you can get refused.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 11, 2004
10097 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote: How can an Indy shop submit paperwork to Bmw Canada for authorization to do any warranty work ?

You are better off in going to other bmw dealer to get it done.

In rare situation such as you were traveling and your car broke down and you ended up fixing it and paid the bill initially at first and then you submitted your payment for reimbursement. In this case, your case will be reviewed accordingly and reimbursement may be made if deemed valid under warranty claim.
It's a BMW, you have to take it to BMW, they require alot of special tools to work on BMW unless your car is 15 years old
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 9, 2007
14952 posts
11399 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
.....and you still went for a BMW?
ironmonger556 wrote: Anyone have experience in claiming bmw vsc warranty at approved indie shops rather than the dealers. I’m starting to get annoyed of how shitty the dealers do a warranty claim job on the car. Having worked for a bmw dealership in the past i have seen a lot of crap to say your better off finding a trustworthy indie shop to get the work done properly and with care.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3311 posts
1893 upvotes
Mississauga
akito925 wrote: It's a BMW, you have to take it to BMW, they require alot of special tools to work on BMW unless your car is 15 years old
There are really no special tool that indy shops cant acquire. GTA Indy shops that specialize in fixing BMWs can do any repair provided that they are paid. The only exception could be a software update from BMW.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 13, 2018
47 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
Cheapo-Findo wrote: .....and you still went for a BMW?
Its applies to most dealerships regardless of the brand. They dont give a sh*t about your car. Behind “peace of mind” of beIng able to service cars at dealers, theres always something shady going on that you will never know about unless you have experience working
at dealerships( unethical techs, getting sold services they may have not been done on the car, etc..). The best dealerships to go to are corporately owned ones, which probably dont exist anymore.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31754 posts
18685 upvotes
Toronto
I know a Service Advisor hating to work at certain BMW dealer and as a result, he jumped ship to MB for a much better work environment with better overall pay package. No pressure is put on @ MB to up sell unnecessary services and parts replacement, unlike at BMW dealerships.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)