Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Can a Canada Post retail location refuse packages?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2020 8:48 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2011
911 posts
502 upvotes

Can a Canada Post retail location refuse packages?

I work in e-commerce and went to drop off 50 parcels at a Canada Post location with the manifest in hand. This location refused the packages and told me to drop them off at the warehouse on Creditstone/hwy 7 in Vaughan. Now this location was at the border or Toronto and Vaughan but I have always dropped off packages at ANY location within Vaughan with no issues. The supervisor told me they could not accept it because they have a max amount of parcels they can take and I was over the limit. I have dropped off over 100 parcels at locations in Vaughan with ZERO complaints or issues but this guy made a huge scene and told me I was wrong and that they could not take any of my parcels. Is he in the right? Was it because this location could have been a "Toronto" location? I have never ever had this happen in the past. Can anyone chime in?

EDIT: Wanted to say he also mentioned he had "no ROOM". My packages were in 3 boxes which would take up a total of 4 feet by 3 feet in terms of space. I saw the backroom and it was empty (door was open)
8 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2008
976 posts
267 upvotes
W.GTA
Just sounds like this guy didn't want to scan your 50 parcels, tell him to show you that there a drop off limit at this location
Koodo/Public Mobile
Jr. Member
Apr 2, 2020
193 posts
75 upvotes
It's time to get rid of Canada Post. It should be sold off and privatized.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Apr 16, 2011
911 posts
502 upvotes
toyorav4me wrote: Just sounds like this guy didn't want to scan your 50 parcels, tell him to show you that there a drop off limit at this location
My understanding is he would just need to scan the manifest and not each individual packet.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4950 posts
4000 upvotes
Pronoia wrote: It's time to get rid of Canada Post. It should be sold off and privatized.
so pay $25 to ship a letter and $50 in fees to accept a package from abroad? no thanks
Jr. Member
Apr 2, 2020
193 posts
75 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: so pay $25 to ship a letter and $50 in fees to accept a package from abroad? no thanks
You obviously haven't used Canada post lately.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4950 posts
4000 upvotes
Pronoia wrote: You obviously haven't used Canada post lately.
i did... i was just there on monday and i just got some packages today

why?
Jr. Member
Apr 2, 2020
193 posts
75 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: i did... i was just there on monday and i just got some packages today

why?
It was a rhetorical statement.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 3, 2008
976 posts
267 upvotes
W.GTA
jronald wrote: My understanding is he would just need to scan the manifest and not each individual packet.
He may be new or just a temp and have no idea what to do, I'm in Canada Post every other day and see some new Post clerk have no idea about procedure.
Koodo/Public Mobile

Top