Ongoing Deal Discussion

Can Com internet (Western Canada and Shaw territory)

Very good internet rates - Can Com

Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC

Very good internet rates - Can Com

Deal Link:
Price:
$30.00 up
Retailer:
Can Com internet (Western Canada and Shaw territory)
EDIT MAY 27/21Big telcos 1 People of Canada 0. CRTC lost its kahunas so that’s game over for quite a while especially with Rogers buying Shaw. CBC article
EDIT Sept 11/20. Seems like the court has turned down big guys appeal and awarded costs to independents.
CBC article here
However it is up to CRTC where rates are set. Fingers crossed for consumers.
EDIT Aug 24/20 Seem like thread is revived perhaps due to expiring contracts. Although the previous price reduction is still in limbo but probably dead Can Com prices are still very good and substantially beat the big players. Start at $30.00 for 15 mbps down and then many options up to $80.00 for 750 mbps down. No modem rental fee. Follow the thread for experiences but in my opinion a great, no contract provider with an excellent track record.
Original Post......Price reductions due to CRTC changes in effect. Example 300 down, 20 up unlimited for $47.00. No contract. Modem included but bring your own router or buy from them. Rock solid service based on my experience.
EDIT SEPT. 30th 2019 . CRTC has allowed BIG TELCOS right to appeal and have granted an interim rollback of mandated reduction of cost charged to wholesalers. Big telcos are on the hook to pay retroactive cost reductions if they lose. No official word from CanCom yet but sorry if this deal is dead.
FAQ.
Q) Are there any hidden deals A) No, the price on the website for every tier is the only price. However there is no contract, no modem cost, no installation cost or hidden charges. This company aims to get away from the games that the competition plays. What you see is what you get and what you get is great service, great support and a great price.
Q) Below is pasted from Can Com website but is only visible after sign up.
"It Pay$ to have Friends! Earn $1 per referred friend..per month..every month! Refer as many friends as you like. But wait, there is more, your friend will also receive a $10 credit on their account.
So, how does it work? Use you own personal Refer-A-Friend Coupon code. Give this code to your friends or share it with social media.
Everyone signing up using this code will receive $10 off their first invoice and you will receive $1 off per month on your subscription."
Warning !!! Do not request codes within the thread, it is an infraction of RFD rules.
Last edited by Bluiis48 on May 27th, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
541 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Awesome deal. Have been with them for over 2 years now, no complaints.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
ciuvak wrote: Awesome deal. Have been with them for over 2 years now, no complaints.
I'm a little over a year, but ya, no complaints here either. I could probably drop down a tier now and save a few bucks a month.

Does anyone have home phone service with them? I'm thinking of switching over my parents.
Last edited by SizzleChest on Aug 21st, 2019 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135811 upvotes
888888 upvotes
I think cancom is shaw reseller. If you can get Shaw, probably better to go with them.

$45/300 internet + $250 credits.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jun 17, 2007
427 posts
518 upvotes
They lowered the price of my plan by $8, from $50 to $42. Combined with a few referral discounts and loyalty discounts these guys are awesome.

FYI some of these plans are underrated. The 75mbit tests at 85 down 8 up.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what the new changes are but can we expect prices from all internet providers to come down?
Apr 5, 2018
99 posts
682 upvotes
Been with them for 3 years. Love them
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1728 posts
2174 upvotes
Earth
Thatdealguy wrote: I think cancom is shaw reseller. If you can get Shaw, probably better to go with them.

I got the deal from thatDealGuy, great price!
Zoomer: 1 account for family and planning to leave for good in 2023
Koodo too: for a phone and locked to 24 months but was a good deal.
Sep 29, 2007
817 posts
143 upvotes
I've been with Can-Com for over 2 years now and I gotta say... these guys can't be beat. Way better than Shaw or Telus. Not having to call Shaw every 6 months to negotiate a promotion is icing on the cake!

Only $38 for 30/5 Mbps, $42 for 75/7 Mbps & $47 for 300/20 Mbps!! Can-Com also has an unreal loyalty and referral program. You automatically get 1% off for every year that you stay with these guys and an additional $1 off per month in perpetuity for every referral! And your referral gets $10 off their first invoice as well! Win-win. I have already referred a bunch of my friends and they have all thanked me for introducing them to Can-Com.
Aug 28, 2014
22 posts
42 upvotes
Langley, BC
All these replies sound like paid promotion Face With Tears Of Joy.. anyone else?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
HOTDEELz wrote: All these replies sound like paid promotion Face With Tears Of Joy.. anyone else?
whats wrong with resellers? ive been with surf internet for 3 years. internet 25 for 30 bucks. no contract. no loyalty BS. works fine. uses shaws infrastructure.
Jan 4, 2013
621 posts
239 upvotes
Elanzer wrote: They lowered the price of my plan by $8, from $50 to $42. Combined with a few referral discounts and loyalty discounts these guys are awesome.

FYI some of these plans are underrated. The 75mbit tests at 85 down 8 up.
I just tried mine and I am at 50mbs but I also am so far on the other side of my house that I don't even have all bars on my wifi running. Can't complain, I like these guys, very easy to deal with. One time I had a problem, emailed them and they called me like 10 minutes later to try and fix the problem.
Apr 24, 2013
4 posts
5 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: Does anyone have home phone service with them? I'm thinking of switching over my parents.
I have home phone service and haven't had any problems. It's VOIP so you need an internet connection and there's a warning that when you call 911 you need to give them your address. But it isn't much different from Telus.

I'd also second the positive reviews of Cancom in general.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2007
14882 posts
4842 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Thatdealguy wrote: I think cancom is shaw reseller. If you can get Shaw, probably better to go with them.

If you can get Shaw... but what if you already have Shaw? It seems to me that getting a decent price is an exercise in futility.
Global warming will be exceeded during the 21st century unless deep reductions in carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas emissions occur (United Nations IPCC Report 2021)

Every disaster film starts with scientists being ignored
Apr 21, 2019
210 posts
143 upvotes
I currently have 20 Mbps with them for $35. New plans are 15 Mbps for $30 or 25 Mbps for $36. Guess I'll downgrade.

Anyone doing Alberta electricity + gas through them? First I've heard of that, just noticed it on their website.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
3586 posts
1993 upvotes
Whitehorse
MexiCanuck wrote: If you can get Shaw... but what if you already have Shaw? It seems to me that getting a decent price is an exercise in futility.
If you have Shaw, you can switch the internet to Can Com. I recommend doing that with a referral code.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2012
1943 posts
1505 upvotes
Vancouver, BC Canada
No wonder Shaw was running so many promos to lock people in for 2yrs...they must of known CRTC ruling was coming down the pipe.
Nov 18, 2011
239 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
monsterdon wrote: I currently have 20 Mbps with them for $35. New plans are 15 Mbps for $30 or 25 Mbps for $36. Guess I'll downgrade.

Anyone doing Alberta electricity + gas through them? First I've heard of that, just noticed it on their website.
How does the electricity and gas work?
Apr 21, 2019
210 posts
143 upvotes
cwangs wrote: How does the electricity and gas work?
Not sure but according to their website:
https://www.can-com.com/Energy/Can-Com-Energy
*Enjoy the Benefits of Floating Rates
*Get Your Electricity at the regulated Wholesale Cost + $0.01 per KW/h
*Get Your Natural Gas at the regulated Wholesale Cost + $0.89 per GJ
*Low Monthly Management Fee of $5.95 per Meter
*No Contracts, No Deposits, No Exit Fees, No Worries

*Get Your Electricity OR Natural Gas from Us and Receive $2 Off Your Can Com Internet per Month
*Get Your Electricity AND Natural Gas from Us and Receive $5 Off Your Can Com Internet per Month
Nov 6, 2014
519 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
To those accusing and thumbs upping that happy customers are paid promoters. Wish that were true but it ain’t so. Found a thread here a couple of years back and I was just so fed up with the games that Shaw and Telus play with two year contracts and how they gouge at the end of that contract. I had a couple of months left with Shaw so tried the loyalty route and got nowhere, at the time they offered, I think, $80.00 for 75 megabit. I phoned Cancom and talked to one of the owners for a while. Blew me away not to be talking to an offshore call centre getting a sales pitch to sign a contract. The only payback for me is personal satisfaction in sharing an alternative to the big guys with others on this forum and promoting a small town company in my home province rather than a bunch of shareholders who make in a day what my pension pays for a year. And in all my years flipping between Telus and Shaw I never got an email telling me my price was dropping!
Last edited by Bluiis48 on Aug 22nd, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)