• Sep 9th, 2020 1:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto

Can An Expired Thread Be Revived?

I see a good candidate to come back ... Can that action be reversed? Or a new thread is necessary?
RedFlagDeals Addict
10 replies
Sep 4, 2006
724 posts
336 upvotes
Ottawa
Report the thread, and explain exactly why. This will be the quickest way to get mod eyes on it.
Sep 27, 2003
10211 posts
2753 upvotes
Newmarket
If you are the OP of the thread, and the deal is valid, you can restore it yourself
If you are not the OP of the thread, you can report the thread, and provide explanation
RFD Forums Moderator
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17986 posts
5327 upvotes
Toronto
Sweet, thanks guys
RedFlagDeals Addict
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14150 posts
26571 upvotes
Scarborough
Just wanted to mention that there are times when a new thread might be preferred to restoring an expired thread. Sometimes larger deal threads can go off topic, or information shared is no longer relevant. Use your best judgement or you can ask myself or a moderator if you're unsure.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8986 posts
10413 upvotes
Vancouver
WorldIRC wrote: If you are the OP of the thread, and the deal is valid, you can restore it yourself
How? I was the OP of a thread that got prematurely moved to Expired, and could find no way to restore it. Had to report my own thread to moderators, who moved it back for me.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 9, 2011
8986 posts
10413 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't work for me. I clicked on the little Archive icon, answered "No" to "Are you sure you want to expire this thread?" And the thread is still in Expired.

EDIT: Got it working, I had to answer "Yes" to "Are you sure you want to expire this thread" to move it from Expired to Hot Deals. Not very intuitive.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14150 posts
26571 upvotes
Scarborough
Kiraly wrote: EDIT: Got it working, I had to answer "Yes" to "Are you sure you want to expire this thread" to move it from Expired to Hot Deals. Not very intuitive.
The messaging definitely isn't very intuitive for the expanded functionality it now provides. It was originally designed as a staff only tool to quickly expire threads from our offer (deal) forums. Afterwards we realized it was useful to "unexpire" and perform a few other non-deal forum-to-forum moves. We'll get it updated to something more fitting soon.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1144 posts
2936 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WorldIRC wrote: If you are the OP of the thread, and the deal is valid, you can restore it yourself
How do I go about doing that? Does the Expire button revive an expired thread?
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14150 posts
26571 upvotes
Scarborough
michelangelo88 wrote: How do I go about doing that? Does the Expire button revive an expired thread?
The expire button will also work to move threads from Expired Hot Deals to Hot Deals. Ignore what the text box says.