Shopping Discussion

Can I bring Insect Killer (pest control spray) from WA to BC?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2016 12:30 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5448 posts
3983 upvotes

Can I bring Insect Killer (pest control spray) from WA to BC?

Wants to cross the border and pick them up at the Home Depot this weekend. Wondering if this is allowed. I don't want to risk my Nexus. :)
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3694 posts
190 upvotes
Montreal
Call CBSA and ask them? Or do whatever is Nexus people do when they are not sure (cross at the slow lane to disclose stuff?)

This seems to me like a black or white question, not some grayzone where you could benefit from RFD's street smarts
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16734 posts
6965 upvotes
I am under the impression it depends on what law you are trying to work around. The CBSA does not (if I recall) care about you breaking a provincial ban on chemicals, they would care about a federal ban.

Either way, I would definitely call. As you said, it's not worth losing your Nexus over. And it should be a question they receive often.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
5448 posts
3983 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: I am under the impression it depends on what law you are trying to work around. The CBSA does not (if I recall) care about you breaking a provincial ban on chemicals, they would care about a federal ban.

Either way, I would definitely call. As you said, it's not worth losing your Nexus over. And it should be a question they receive often.
cloneman wrote: Call CBSA and ask them? Or do whatever is Nexus people do when they are not sure (cross at the slow lane to disclose stuff?)

This seems to me like a black or white question, not some grayzone where you could benefit from RFD's street smarts
Thanks guys. I called CBSA today and the lady said there shouldn't be any problem, but she recommended me call Health Canada to confirm it further. I will do it tomorrow and update the thread. :D