Off Topic

Can I please get your help to catch this theft?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 6:07 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2007
18 posts

Can I please get your help to catch this theft?

I forgot to lock my car at night (I know my fault) and this guy searched my car and took my wallet with all my cards, IDs, and my baby girl's wallet picture and put thru >3000 worth of goods around Yorkdale mall, including over 1500 in Yorkdale.

The house is around Yonge/Empress area.

I am wondering whether RF'er can help ID this guy so I can tell the police. Please PM me or send an email to jeffrey815@gmail.com.

Thanks a million!

Jeff

Thanks a lot! Jeff
Images
  • Theft1.JPG
  • Theft2.JPG
86 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1556 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
Wow what an absolute ******* that thief is. It's also so brazen how the hell did he even know your doors were unlocked.

Sorry that this happened to you OP. Even if you left the door unlocked you didn't invite this human garbage to burglarize you. Hope he gets caught so that the police can slap his wrist and send him back on the streets to do it again in 24 hours. /s
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2092 posts
1059 upvotes
Vancouver
oh my god, even finished the first car
and looking at the second car
lucky second car locked
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
6935 posts
2154 upvotes
Mississauga
Did you report it to police yet? Or you are waiting to try to ID him? Don't wait.

Maybe they could've done some fingerprinting. Wonder if he lives in the area and you could see him biking around during the day.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2012 posts
456 upvotes
Ontario
Cops won't care. I had someone break into my car and stole a bunch of stuff. Later somebody found a bag that had my number in it so she called me and said she found my bag and it had a car cd player inside. I called the police and they said pick it up and bring it to them. When I went to pick it up the bag was full of stolen items like phones and cd players. The cops didn't even care. Didn't even ask me where it was found or to file a report. The thieves stole one of my neighbor golf clubs too but they were never found.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1725 posts
234 upvotes
Markham
I hope they get the prick
Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 19th, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed inappropriate comment
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2008
2070 posts
115 upvotes
North York
Post it on reddit Toronto if you haven't done so. You might get more views there.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2036 posts
675 upvotes
Winnipeg
You forgot to lock your car, ok we understand that it maybe an honest mistake.

But why do you store your wallet in your car?

Were the charges on credit card or debit card? Have you contacted the card companies? Did the thief use PIN or did they swipe the card? If PIN was used, then you may have big trouble getting the company to acknowledge the theft. Read cases online.

At this point, your biggest issue isnt catching the thief. Its getting your card invoice sorted out.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8302 posts
1315 upvotes
Toronto
Who leaves their wallet in their car?
Police won't do anything.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11376 posts
6197 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Don't think you read Op correctly, he lives around Yonge/Empress area, his cards were used at around and in Yorkdale mall.
williamsauga wrote:
Sep 16th, 2019 12:46 pm
Yorkdale mall area is so ghetto

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4828 posts
652 upvotes
those pics are quite good ... maybe plaster the neighborhood with prints of that lovely face ...
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2403 posts
1086 upvotes
Let's say you get a lead and find out the thief's whereabouts. What will you do with the information? Show it to the police and hope they arrest him? Confront him, personally?
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1315 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
You said he purchased stuff at Yorkdale, then you should know what store it was, then go there to see if they have a better security camera image of the guy.