Food & Drink

Can I return unopened wine to LCBO

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2021 5:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2019
1153 posts
585 upvotes

Can I return unopened wine to LCBO

Due to lockdown, we cannot drink all the wines that we purchased from LCBO in December, can we do a return? Totally unopened
Enjoying my post without UPVOTE is a serious violation.
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1417 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
If you have the receipt they will do the returns for you. Even if you don't have the receipt as long as it was purchased in Ontario and unopened they will give you a gift card. However they paused all returns due to COVID and not sure when it will resume.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jul 30, 2007
31359 posts
17986 upvotes
Toronto
receipt or no receipt, they can be returned.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10487 upvotes
Ottawa
ilovetoyota wrote: Due to lockdown, we cannot drink all the wines that we purchased from LCBO in December, can we do a return? Totally unopened
Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1470 posts
877 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
Indeed. And wine can keep more than a month.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
48627 posts
12033 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Pete_Coach wrote: Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
Well... if its anything like me...
My partner will say “yah i’ll have wine with you!”

She’ll have a 3 oz glass and i’m stuck slamming the whole bottle! Which is ok sorta... but i like having a few beers and a shot of scotch. Then i’m really drunk.

But yes... no guest to share a bottle of wine with.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16886 posts
11617 upvotes
Markham
booblehead wrote: receipt or no receipt, they can be returned.
IF it's is a current SKU only...I'm not a big wine drinker and I've had wine gifted (likely re-gifted) that I couldn't return likely old closeted wine LOL. I usually "return" these and get beer/vermouth (fortified wine which has longer shelf life for cooking).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
48627 posts
12033 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
gr8dlr wrote: IF it's is a current SKU only...I'm not a big wine drinker and I've had wine gifted (likely re-gifted) that I couldn't return likely old closeted wine LOL. I usually "return" these and get beer/vermouth (fortified wine which has longer shelf life for cooking).
I love regifting wine to noobs.
They see “ooohhh 2016... must be good!”
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
16886 posts
11617 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote: I love regifting wine to noobs.
They see “ooohhh 2016... must be good!”
Give it to me...I'll take it all. I'll pass it right back to you after aging it for another year because I label who gave it to me and when. What are you going to say then? LOL
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 26, 2002
6410 posts
784 upvotes
BC
I'm sure the wine will last a lot longer than the lockdown! I have 2 wine racks full and last month I made one of my cabinets into a new 'wine' cabinet, lol

I rarely return anything to the liquor store, but on the occasion I have, they seem to make a big production of if and it takes forever.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2007
2106 posts
246 upvotes
just tell me where you live I drop by pick up your wine for free... Face With Tears Of JoySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
11981 posts
7051 upvotes
Markham
Pete_Coach wrote: Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
Technically due to lockdown, you shouldn't invite your friends to your house. So if you bought wine before and assumed you would invite your friends come over, then certainly you wouldn't be able to drink most of them
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10487 upvotes
Ottawa
smartie wrote: Technically due to lockdown, you shouldn't invite your friends to your house. So if you bought wine before and assumed you would invite your friends come over, then certainly you wouldn't be able to drink most of them
It's wine. Nothing to stop you from drinking it. Also, it won't go bad. that was all the comment was.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
18864 posts
5794 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: It's wine. Nothing to stop you from drinking it. Also, it won't go bad. that was all the comment was.
When does wine officially switch over to a vinegar taste?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10487 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote: When does wine officially switch over to a vinegar taste?
If uncorked, a very long time.
It also depends on the type of wine.
Banned
Dec 1, 2020
862 posts
343 upvotes
Moderators lick khun…
Pete_Coach wrote: If uncorked, a very long time.
It also depends on the type of wine.
Yah. Like even marginal stuff forever. Crap taste but not vinegar.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
36265 posts
10487 upvotes
Ottawa
XmasTreelights wrote: Yah. Like even marginal stuff forever. Crap taste but not vinegar.
Not sure your point? Taste is a personal thing. What you like, I may not and vice versa.
Wine turning to vinegar is a chemical action. Uncorked wine will turn acetic. If the cork is proper and perfectly sealed, wine will last for decades.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2019
1153 posts
585 upvotes
I only drink during party or gathering, never waste money on that when I am alone.
Pete_Coach wrote: Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
Enjoying my post without UPVOTE is a serious violation.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)