Can I return unopened wine to LCBO

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 10:46 am
[OP]
May 22, 2019
443 posts
88 upvotes

Can I return unopened wine to LCBO

Due to lockdown, we cannot drink all the wines that we purchased from LCBO in December, can we do a return? Totally unopened
22 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1127 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
If you have the receipt they will do the returns for you. Even if you don't have the receipt as long as it was purchased in Ontario and unopened they will give you a gift card. However they paused all returns due to COVID and not sure when it will resume.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
28585 posts
13983 upvotes
Toronto
receipt or no receipt, they can be returned.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36077 posts
10163 upvotes
Ottawa
ilovetoyota wrote: Due to lockdown, we cannot drink all the wines that we purchased from LCBO in December, can we do a return? Totally unopened
Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL
I would think that due to lockdown, most people would be drinking more LOL

And yes, you can return to LCBO.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1213 posts
657 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Can't drink due to lockdown? LOL

Indeed. And wine can keep more than a month.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44637 posts
7740 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

Well... if its anything like me...
My partner will say “yah i’ll have wine with you!”

She’ll have a 3 oz glass and i’m stuck slamming the whole bottle! Which is ok sorta... but i like having a few beers and a shot of scotch. Then i’m really drunk.

But yes... no guest to share a bottle of wine with.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12104 posts
6995 upvotes
Markham
booblehead wrote: receipt or no receipt, they can be returned.
IF it's is a current SKU only...I'm not a big wine drinker and I've had wine gifted (likely re-gifted) that I couldn't return likely old closeted wine LOL. I usually "return" these and get beer/vermouth (fortified wine which has longer shelf life for cooking).
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
44637 posts
7740 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
gr8dlr wrote: IF it's is a current SKU only...I'm not a big wine drinker and I've had wine gifted (likely re-gifted) that I couldn't return likely old closeted wine LOL. I usually "return" these and get beer/vermouth (fortified wine which has longer shelf life for cooking).
I love regifting wine to noobs.
They see “ooohhh 2016... must be good!”
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
12104 posts
6995 upvotes
Markham
UrbanPoet wrote: I love regifting wine to noobs.
They see “ooohhh 2016... must be good!”
Give it to me...I'll take it all. I'll pass it right back to you after aging it for another year because I label who gave it to me and when. What are you going to say then? LOL
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6204 posts
609 upvotes
BC
I'm sure the wine will last a lot longer than the lockdown! I have 2 wine racks full and last month I made one of my cabinets into a new 'wine' cabinet, lol

I rarely return anything to the liquor store, but on the occasion I have, they seem to make a big production of if and it takes forever.
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
2041 posts
173 upvotes
just tell me where you live I drop by pick up your wine for free... Face With Tears Of JoySmiling Face With Open Mouth
Chinese Food+MSG=Good Food :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9231 posts
4511 upvotes
Markham

Technically due to lockdown, you shouldn't invite your friends to your house. So if you bought wine before and assumed you would invite your friends come over, then certainly you wouldn't be able to drink most of them
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36077 posts
10163 upvotes
Ottawa
smartie wrote: Technically due to lockdown, you shouldn't invite your friends to your house. So if you bought wine before and assumed you would invite your friends come over, then certainly you wouldn't be able to drink most of them
It's wine. Nothing to stop you from drinking it. Also, it won't go bad. that was all the comment was.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16506 posts
3732 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: It's wine. Nothing to stop you from drinking it. Also, it won't go bad. that was all the comment was.
When does wine officially switch over to a vinegar taste?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36077 posts
10163 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote: When does wine officially switch over to a vinegar taste?
If uncorked, a very long time.
It also depends on the type of wine.
Dec 1, 2020
257 posts
189 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: If uncorked, a very long time.
It also depends on the type of wine.
Yah. Like even marginal stuff forever. Crap taste but not vinegar.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36077 posts
10163 upvotes
Ottawa
XmasTreelights wrote: Yah. Like even marginal stuff forever. Crap taste but not vinegar.
Not sure your point? Taste is a personal thing. What you like, I may not and vice versa.
Wine turning to vinegar is a chemical action. Uncorked wine will turn acetic. If the cork is proper and perfectly sealed, wine will last for decades.
[OP]
May 22, 2019
443 posts
88 upvotes
I only drink during party or gathering, never waste money on that when I am alone.