Personal Finance

Can I still use my old PC Financial cheques?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2018 6:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1103 posts
197 upvotes

Can I still use my old PC Financial cheques?

I have a few books of them but haven't written any cheques lately, so I was wondering can I still use the pc financial cheques I had issued to me or do I need to get new cheques issued by
simplii financial?
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6383 posts
2028 upvotes
BC
Yes, it's right there in their FAQ

To add a comfort level, you can verify that the encoded numbers on your cheques correspond with your new Simplii account no., institution no. and transit/Branch no.
Sep 1, 2014
77 posts
62 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Penrose wrote: I have a few books of them but haven't written any cheques lately, so I was wondering can I still use the pc financial cheques I had issued to me or do I need to get new cheques issued by
simplii financial?
It might be best not to use them. However I logged into my new simplii account and you can order cheques for free as before so just order some new ones.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
1103 posts
197 upvotes
thanks guys. I have ordered new cheques from Simplii. the policy appears that they will still honour the old type for now. so I should be ok.
Mar 23, 2004
43173 posts
9113 upvotes
Markham
limee89 wrote: It might be best not to use them. However I logged into my new simplii account and you can order cheques for free as before so just order some new ones.
There is no reason not to use them unless you want to keep them (since you cant get the old pcf ones anymore). They will work as all the other banks look for are the account/transit/institution # on the bottom of the cheque (besides the regular stuff like payee/amount/signature/etc).
Jan 15, 2015
623 posts
367 upvotes
Penrose wrote: I have a few books of them but haven't written any cheques lately, so I was wondering can I still use the pc financial cheques I had issued to me or do I need to get new cheques issued by
simplii financial?
I've been using my PCF cheques since the Simplii switchover, and haven't had problems. Seems logical in light of the fact that we don't get the new ATM cards for a couple of months yet and have to use the old ones.

On another note, verify all recorded cheque transactions on the new Simplii account. Expect some glitches with any changeover of this sort. I found an error in the amount recorded versus the amount written on the cheque. I suspect that data entry was done manually in my case. Bank character recognition software for detecting amounts is quite precise, especially with my careful handwriting of numbers.
Jun 5, 2016
593 posts
786 upvotes
I still use my ING cheques with Tangerine.

angel_wing0 is right, all they care about is the numbers at the bottom which haven't changed in the switchover.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2191 posts
1419 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
First thought in my mind when I saw this question:

I can't be overdrawn, I still have cheques I can use.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"
Sep 16, 2016
311 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
It is good to read this thread. I did nothing after PC Financial changing to Simpli.
You will receive a Simplii Financial™ bank card to replace your old bank card between November 2017 and March 2018. Please begin using your replacement card when you receive it.
It seems that I need to call them to change my address.
If we can dream it, we can make it!