Cell Phones

Can i use a BB on an Iphone plan?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2010 11:13 pm
Aug 20, 2007
5 posts

Can i use a BB on an Iphone plan?

Here's my plan. I want to get a BB bold 9000, but i dont want to lock into a contract.

So i was just wondering if i can just put the sim card into the bold and not worry about plans, etc.

200 Wkday / Unltd. Eve/Wkend
Detailed Billing
Network Features *
Rogers to Rogers Calling
Unlimited Text Messages
iPhone Data Access 500 MB
Visual Voicemail
$35 Data Value Pack for iPhone (3 year term)

Let me know asap!

thanks guys!
alex
6 replies
Jan 16, 2007
176 posts
74 upvotes
Markham
It should be fine as I am using a Blackberry plan on iPhone!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
You cannot use an iPhone data plan on a BlackBerry.

BlackBerries requires access to the BIS in Waterloo.

However, if you have a BlackBerry plan, you can use that in an iPhone

If you already have a data plan, just call Rogers and get them to switch it over to a BlackBerry data plan. You don't have to commit to anything.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
4773 posts
40 upvotes
AP3CON blah blah blah, etc etc etc
Aug 20, 2007
5 posts
Lulz wrote: AP3CON blah blah blah, etc etc etc
I heard about that, its basically just to allow you to use any other smartphone on a BB plan right? One more question, does it initially cost anything? because ive heard that you need to lock into a 3year contract, etc.

Also, Gee, i could just call them and tell them to switch me to the BB plan, and thats it? I dont want to be paying more per month, or have additional charges for this. Also, will i be getting the same MB's etc?

Thanks for your help guys!
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38385 posts
12009 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
alex8t9 wrote: I heard about that, its basically just to allow you to use any other smartphone on a BB plan right? One more question, does it initially cost anything? because ive heard that you need to lock into a 3year contract, etc.

Also, Gee, i could just call them and tell them to switch me to the BB plan, and thats it? I dont want to be paying more per month, or have additional charges for this. Also, will i be getting the same MB's etc?

Thanks for your help guys!
If you already have data, you are already in a contract.

When you call Rogers tell them to add AP3CON to your data plan. This basically gives you access to BIS. You will not pay more, and you will get the same amount of data. You might have problems if you have the 6 Gig plan. Sometimes they reset those. But make sure you get a incident number in case they do.

There is no cost to do it.

The AP3CON code has nothing to do with phones. It means that your data plan includes BIS.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)