• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 12:07 am
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
18021 posts
7061 upvotes
Toronto

Can someone identify what town this is in this commerical

I was watching this commercial and am not able to figure out what town it was taken in. CIBC support was not helpful either.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
The names of the first two storefronts shown don't show up on Google.
Maybe ad was done at a soundstage?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1387 posts
118 upvotes
GTA
Hardly any trees... I see a parking ticket machine. I don't think it's a small town.
More likely a new subdivision in GTA. Not Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, because of colour of fire hydrant. City of Toronto uses yellow fire hydrants, so perhaps a Toronto street.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11823 posts
5910 upvotes
It's kind of ironic that a RFD user with Toronto as their location would not recognize Toronto.
It looks like a part of Toronto, possibly the Yorkville area.

Toronto uses colour coded yellow fire hydrants. The storefronts were probably changed for the purpose of filming the commercial.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jul 13th, 2019 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely Toronto. Yellow fire hydrant, Toronto mega parking meter (@ 0:27)
The bike rack @ 0:02 also looks like it may be a Toronto bike rack.
My guess is somewhere near Bathurst & Lawrence, or Bathurst & Glencairn, but I'm not certain.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Jan 12, 2016
37 posts
18 upvotes
The Junction. Looks like outside The beau & bauble, across the street from Starbucks @ Dundas W/Quebec Ave.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2015
5405 posts
5751 upvotes
Distance: 50 Metres
Why u need to know?
To the moon
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7086 posts
5221 upvotes
It's definitely that area.

They changed up the front of the store and The Beau and Bauble isn't even a coffee place.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26216 posts
39767 upvotes
Toronto
Anybody else think she's rude AF for not taking off her headphones when dealing with other people? Maybe I just have manners...

Conversely she may have mental issues and needs the isolation and comfort that music provides here?
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
I know that area. I could have gotten it if I saw this thread sooner.

That Pizza 2080 store is called Dundas Pizza (with a similar yellow sign). I've mentioned it in the Food forum as one of my favorites. It's worth checking out if you're looking for takeout pizza. I wouldn't say the neighborhood is anything special though.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Are you sure it isn't the town of Willoughby?
Have not been on that train for years....
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote: Anybody else think she's rude AF for not taking off her headphones when dealing with other people? Maybe I just have manners...

Conversely she may have mental issues and needs the isolation and comfort that music provides here?
On top of all that she also looks to perhaps be older than a teenager, so she should be over that teenage music in her ears phase...
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!