Automotive

Can someone offer Any advice getting the harness on the drivers side properly seated?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2022 2:41 pm
[OP]
May 29, 2017
489 posts
381 upvotes

Can someone offer Any advice getting the harness on the drivers side properly seated?

I had my car worked on by a body shop that was comfortable leaving the harness open like this.

The 2nd is my attempt, but its not seated accordingly. The first picture is how they gave me the car.
Images
  • 112.jpg
  • 121.jpg
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19666 posts
23035 upvotes
GTA
You should be able to push most of in with your fingers, but you might need a plastic knife or something similar to stuff the last bit in. Some soapy around the lip may help slip it in.
Compare to the other side to see how it looks. Alternatively, take it back to repair shop and ask them to fix their mistake.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
[OP]
May 29, 2017
489 posts
381 upvotes
engineered wrote: You should be able to push most of in with your fingers, but you might need a plastic knife or something similar to stuff the last bit in. Some soapy around the lip may help slip it in.
Compare to the other side to see how it looks. Alternatively, take it back to repair shop and ask them to fix their mistake.
Good idea. Ill see if i can do it in the garage. I would go back to the shop, but dealing with them was such a nightmare. Considering how frequent they lied to me and thr lack of professional integrity, I'm not even sure I feel comfortable with them doing it
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2698 posts
1970 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
As @engineered stated you should be able to pop it back on. The trick would be to first put it back on the far side then use a tool to pull it over the near side. Here is a set of tools (surprisingly on sale right now) that would help, the one on the far right would be what is needed.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/5PCS-Auto- ... CNV39C1HTC
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.