Computers & Electronics

Can someone recommend an ergonomic mouse?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 24th, 2020 12:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2039 posts
275 upvotes

Can someone recommend an ergonomic mouse?

I've been working at home a lot as of late and developed wrist pain/carpal tunnel syndrome?

I'm finding my Logitech m325 mouse to not be cutting it as its way too small for my hands.

I was considering the Anker vertical ergonomic mouse but reading reviews it seems to not be very good (too light, bad battery, quality issues, etc.)

Does anyone have any recommendations for an ergonomic mouse, preferably one for medium-sized hands?
36 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
4916 posts
1948 upvotes
I've been using the Logitech G602 for the past few years. It's wireless with great battery life and often on sale for $40.... just not now unfortunately :(
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20743 posts
6213 upvotes
GTA
I use a MX Ergo at home and a M570 at work.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6729 posts
2994 upvotes
Try one without batteries. Weighs less.

Despite its name try a Razer Deathadder V1 or V2. It's designed for a large hand but it's known to be very ergonomic. It's fine for non-gaming use.
Banned
Jul 18, 2020
52 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
Tecknet on Amazon or cheaper on Aliexpress.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2039 posts
275 upvotes
coriolis wrote: I use a MX Ergo at home and a M570 at work.
With these trackball mouses, does the cursor still move if you were to move the mouse or does the cursor only move if you use the trackball?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2039 posts
275 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: I’m using Logitech MX MASTER 2S right now and I like it a lot
Very nice looking mouse, but over $100 bucks for a mouse? Yikes! Completely out of my budget.
Jan 15, 2017
335 posts
205 upvotes
Vancouver
I'll second the gaming mouse recommendations. They are designed for extended periods of "serious" use, so they are very ergonomic. They are also generally more pleasant to use due to faster response and more accurate tracking.
Apr 8, 2020
715 posts
460 upvotes
+1 on gaming mouse
I have an old one Logitech (g500 I think) big/fat support my hand nicely
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
2760 posts
1313 upvotes
Toronto
wolf30 wrote: Very nice looking mouse, but over $100 bucks for a mouse? Yikes! Completely out of my budget.
I have a Logitech MX Master 2s (the Master 3 is the current model) and it's great. But since it's out of your budget maybe try to find a cheaper knockoff from Amazon or something. Keep in mind the build quality may not be as good but sometimes you don't know what the difference is until you try the more expensive item so you'll probably never know the difference.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
20743 posts
6213 upvotes
GTA
wolf30 wrote: With these trackball mouses, does the cursor still move if you were to move the mouse or does the cursor only move if you use the trackball?
If you shake the whole thing the cursor will move a bit. But clicking doesn't move the trackball if that's what you mean.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7477 posts
4099 upvotes
Debtario
wolf30 wrote: With these trackball mouses, does the cursor still move if you were to move the mouse or does the cursor only move if you use the trackball?
Cursor only moves with the ball movement.

Trackball is all I use, it's the best choice if you want to prevent RSI or already have injuries. Once you get used to it, it's incredibly efficient.

The MX ergo is quite expensive, so your best bet is the M570 - it tends to go on sale for $40. These are "thumb" trackballs so your hand rests on the mouse while just your thumb moves the cursor, it's very comfy.

The other alternative is the old style actual trackballs that have a ball you move with your fingers and buttons on either side. There is the old classic logitech marble mouse that's been around for 20 years ($30 https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-910-0008 ... B001F42MKG ), and other offerings from kensington. There's fancier stuff, but it will be out of your budget.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2039 posts
275 upvotes
coriolis wrote: If you shake the whole thing the cursor will move a bit. But clicking doesn't move the trackball if that's what you mean.
No, I mean if I move the mouse like how you move a regular mouse, will the cursor move?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2392 posts
2419 upvotes
Ottawa
I have both the wired Anker (here - 24$) and the Adesso (Here - 45$)

I did have to send the first Anker one back since it was damaged in shipping but the second one was fine. I have had the Anker for a year (spare for use away from my desk) and the Adesso for 6+ years (for work / when at my desk).

I had purchased the Adesso because of the exact issues you mentioned - have not had them since.
Apr 18, 2018
109 posts
98 upvotes
Logitech G500/G502/Whatever the latest version is. Most comfortable mouse design I've ever used.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13037 posts
8284 upvotes
Markham
wolf30 wrote: Very nice looking mouse, but over $100 bucks for a mouse? Yikes! Completely out of my budget.
Then tell us your budget
Everyone is helping you in the dark lol
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
17965 posts
12640 upvotes
Markham
I use a Logitech Trackball as well. There are a couple of variations. It takes time to get used to it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)