Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2030 posts
493 upvotes
In Hiding

Can suit pants be widened?

Ok, so gained some weight around my middle. I have two good suits and the jackets fit fine, but pants too tight at waist. Can the pants be widened - just can't get to zip all the way up! If yes, where is good tailor in Scarborough/Markham?
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13769 posts
8807 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Depends on the brand, I know high-end pants can be widen a inch or 2.
Catnippy wrote: Ok, so gained some weight around my middle. I have two good suits and the jackets fit fine, but pants too tight at waist. Can the pants be widened - just can't get to zip all the way up! If yes, where is good tailor in Scarborough/Markham?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1297 posts
936 upvotes
Catnippy wrote: Ok, so gained some weight around my middle. I have two good suits and the jackets fit fine, but pants too tight at waist. Can the pants be widened - just can't get to zip all the way up! If yes, where is good tailor in Scarborough/Markham?
It is done all the time.
Men's suit pants are made/engineered to adjust easily at the back seam because they are too expensive to replace because of weight gain/loose.

Usually the seam allowance is generous so increasing the waist size is easy. It is one of the easiest adjustments to make in alterations. I'm sure you tube would be your friend if you wanted to try this your self. Piece of cake to do!
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
317 upvotes
vancouver, bc
wanna be a true RFD ? Fast 1 week(no food, if you've fasted before, then dry fast). You get lean, and stomach reduced in size. Double saving!!!
7 days x 20$/day of food= 140$ MINIMUM