Shopping Discussion

Can we return Best Buy online purchases to stores right now?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2020 5:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6512 posts
1623 upvotes

Can we return Best Buy online purchases to stores right now?

I have a Best Buy online purchase that I need to return. Looking at their website it's not 100% clear if I can return them to a store, or if I have to contact customer service to initiate a return. Their phone wait times are very long right now (understandable) and email support can take up to 7 business days.

Has anyone successfully returned an online purchase to a store?
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2265 posts
1321 upvotes
Vancouveresque
I definitely have in the past, but make sure that you bring all the appropriate paperwork (the packing slip inside a shipment is often not considered to be a receipt, so you might have to print out your email invoice). I don't know if they are currently accepting returns, though.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6019 posts
2367 upvotes
West GTEH!
Probably not. Stores are closed.
Only open for curbside pickup.
😎
Mar 24, 2016
966 posts
1476 upvotes
scarborough
I hope these store that have curbside will accept returns at a later date.

I called Best buy and it was a 5 hour wait. So i sent an email to them and that take 5 to 8 days
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
6019 posts
2367 upvotes
West GTEH!
explorer11 wrote: I hope these store that have curbside will accept returns at a later date.

I called Best buy and it was a 5 hour wait. So i sent an email to them and that take 5 to 8 days
Probably staff reduction during Pandemic. Longer wait times, unfortunately.
Probably same situation at a lot of Companies.
😎
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2620 posts
1361 upvotes
London
very few stores are accepting returns right now all the ones that aren't though pretty much say once things are back to normal they will take the returns then.
Mar 6, 2008
864 posts
353 upvotes
Kelowna
I did a purchase, curbside pick up and returned 3 days later curbside without issue. They don't let people into the store where I'm at all all business of pick ups and returns are done curbside. You do have the option of waiting another week though with their extended return policy.

Yes you can return to the store now (at least where I'm at)
Jan 13, 2013
173 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I was waiting for a call back from Best Buy support for 5 hours and they decide to call me when I go to the bathroom... missing the call back, now I have to wait for tomorrow to try again.

Is anyone able to clarify something for me in the mean time? This is for an in-store purchase. My receipt says items can be returned until May 1, but the website states May 4. I'm not gonna be screwed if I try to return the thing this weekend right? Also do you know if it includes May 1 or 4, whichever it is, or do you have to return the day before that? Thanks.

Edit: So I clarified it with support. May 4 is last day for refunds.