can you add package to a used car?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2020 11:11 pm
[OP]
Dec 2, 2014
61 posts
7 upvotes

can you add package to a used car?

So I recently bought a 2012 used lexus ct200h. Love it!
I got a good deal on it. However, it is the base model and as I am driving it, I am thinking, it would be so nice to be able to connect my iphone 8 with bluetooth and listen to music.

Can I go to a lexus dealer and have them add a technology package?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15006 posts
11534 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
No, that's done in the manufacturing process.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
2956 posts
2374 upvotes
Markham
Nope, and if they did you'd be charged an extraordinary amount because you're paying dealer labour, definitely no book time listed so the bill is going to be extremely high. The only technical way to make this happen is for you to buy a scrapped CT that has what you want inside and those parts are undamaged and literally swap. However this is only feasible if you're handy and can do this work yourself. If you can't you have to pay someone and they'll charge you their labour rate and however long it takes for them to do it which can be several hours if the harnesses are different and yes if there's troubleshooting time required then you're paying for that too. Easiest least painful way is just to buy the CT with the equipment you wanted in the first place.
[OP]
Dec 2, 2014
61 posts
7 upvotes
i already bought the CT. so there is no way to add bluetooth to it?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1388 posts
728 upvotes
Toronto
jonmarrow wrote: i already bought the CT. so there is no way to add bluetooth to it?
Get an aftermarket system?
JS
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
5963 posts
6989 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jonmarrow wrote: i already bought the CT. so there is no way to add bluetooth to it?
Cheapest/fastest way would be to use an FM transmitter (not endorsing any particular model, just an example). Audio quality won't be great, but it'll work.

For the long-term you could consider adding an aftermarket head unit.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6839 posts
2616 upvotes
BC
Surely a 2012 Lexus even base trim level has BT4.0 for handsfree calling?

Is the apparent absence of BT audio streaming because you need to pair the phone for calls in one step and then for audio streaming as a separate step?

Or is it because the entertainment display is an antiquated holdover in the base trim model?

Or does the navigation system complicate the issue?

Is there an aftermarket gateway product that can provide the required functionality satisfactorily supporting the steering wheel controls etc.?

You would get quicker and better answers to your question in a Lexus owners forum.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
9248 posts
8512 upvotes
look for aux audio port operation in your manual and buy a bluetooh audio to 3.5mm adapter.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)