Can you help please - Toilet Plumbing - Don't Know What to Do

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2020 12:57 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2020
24 posts
63 upvotes

Can you help please - Toilet Plumbing - Don't Know What to Do

The other week I was washing the toilet and dropped a Lysol wipe in accidentally, and flushed it.

Now we are having regular issues with our plumbing. The toilet flushes but there is clearly something clogged further in the pipes.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Do I need to call a plumber or is there anything I can buy?

Thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2017
3177 posts
1888 upvotes
Get out the snake and pass it in and out a few times.
Sep 3, 2019
494 posts
308 upvotes
GTA
Cheapest method is to take apart a metal coat hangar and pass it through a few times. Go buy a drain snake if it doesn't work
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3385 posts
2226 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
berrytree wrote: Thank you so much @cristianosham and @QuicKi7
First thing to do is use a good quality plunger. A dollar store plunger is useless. I like this style Plunger
If plunging doesn't clear the blockage, you can try a toilet auger snake. Don't use a coat hanger; you'll scratch the glazing and your toilet will be forever dirty. Just be aware that if you put anything metal into the toilet, such as a snake, you risk breaking the toilet.
If that still doesn't clear the blockage, removing the toilet is the next step. I've had to do this to remove mascara brushes, children's toys and giant wads of facial tissue.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6067 posts
2532 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Just to add to above.

Removing and putting toilet back is well within diy. Just remember to get wax seal so can replace current unless have one of those multi use seals.

Also if going to take anymore then few minutes stuff a rag in toilet hole but make sure not drop in there. Do not over tighten bolts and of course turn off water. You may need to uninstall supply line depending if toilet one piece or not; if can get some help to lift and place toilet then perhaps not.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.