Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1064 posts
22 upvotes

Can you negotiate prices at repo depot?

At repo depot, I know you place bids, but for certain cars where they say $____ firm .. would they still accept less then that asking price?

I am wondering how much $$ I could negotiate with them off a price.

(I have no experience with them)
Taking my mechanic with me will be my best bet as well I am assuming.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2007
2539 posts
40 upvotes
GTA
Dont quote me on this.. but i've heard about 15-25% off retail.
Luckyinfil wrote: No gym for home, work out floor with 30, but is it for 20 like 30 lb when you no lift it to be for men, for 30 lbs instead? or half is 10 for 20 pounds?

UMM HOW i word this... ok u take 20 lbs no lifting for 30lb if guy, so divide 2 u dont sit, u get 10 but for guy it no 30, so 20 would be for guy if u werent a girl ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8388 posts
1329 upvotes
Everything's negotiable. If they give you attitude be prepared to walk away.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5814 posts
487 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
at repo depo though I mean getting a car for 33% under it's value is usually the best you can do.

I mean, technically it's stealing lower than that.

Also, repo depo cars can't be test driven so... I mean assuming they were higher end models that may or may not matter, however bring a mechanic with you to look at the car, or research the car prior and check for things.

....in short to answer your question.

If it's a 2005 M3, who's value right now is still probably between 40-55k, don't expect to get it for 25, maybe lower 40s,.
--
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1064 posts
22 upvotes
well most likely I would come for 2 visits and probably bring my mechanic on one of them for sure... if not both of them
the first one would be to maybe throw an offer at them, but I would copy down the VIN # of the car so I can search up the history.

Whats a good place to search the history? Is carfax expensive? And, do they mail it or do they let me view the history of it online?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2111 posts
35 upvotes
pgfreak wrote: Whats a good place to search the history? Is carfax expensive? And, do they mail it or do they let me view the history of it online?
You can view the vehicle history online.

Carproof seems to be a better bet, but does not offer unlimited reports. There is a thread here at RFD full of people (freeloaders) requesting free Carfax reports.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1064 posts
22 upvotes
BartBandy wrote: You can view the vehicle history online.

Carproof seems to be a better bet, but does not offer unlimited reports. There is a thread here at RFD full of people (freeloaders) requesting free Carfax reports.
Yea, I just checked both sites. The good thing with carfax is the unlimited reports, and carproof is over $30 for one report... but some people seem to be saying carproof is better for canadian vehicles

edit: the cheapest carproof is $34.99 .. isnt that a bit hefty? couldnt i just go to the DMV and ask for a report there for about $20?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Carproof IS better for Canadian vehicles.

At Repodepo the final price cannot be negotiated, the other vehicles can be negotiated and I suggest you go that route as the final sale vehicles have been sitting aorund and noone bit.
Personally I would rather pay $500 more for a vehicle from a dealer or private sale that I could have inspected by my personal mechanic.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1064 posts
22 upvotes
careener wrote: Carproof IS better for Canadian vehicles.

At Repodepo the final price cannot be negotiated, the other vehicles can be negotiated and I suggest you go that route as the final sale vehicles have been sitting aorund and noone bit.
Personally I would rather pay $500 more for a vehicle from a dealer or private sale that I could have inspected by my personal mechanic.
Well in the case of these vehicles, at private and dealerships, they would be over $1000 more. And I would bring my mechanic as well... but due to the low price I would definitely need a history check. Are the ones at a DMV in Toronto reliable as well?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1064 posts
22 upvotes
sorry, i didnt want to make another topic for this Q...
does repodepo charge all of the taxes that a dealer would charge?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)