Settings for chrome don't have option for Google cloud
Images
  • Screenshot_2020-10-21-10-45-35-114_com.android.chrome.png
18 replies
[OP]
Oct 17, 2020
30 posts
6 upvotes
My printer has WiFi button. I'm wondering if there is easy way to print with Android 5 phone.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16727 posts
3083 upvotes
Toronto
You would still need an Android driver to print wirelessly to your printer unless you can print directly to the printer without going through the network.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2020
30 posts
6 upvotes
I downloaded a brother driver and enabled printing in setting on phone but it just searches for printer to no avail. I've never used the printer network. Do I just push the wireless button on printer or do I need a password or something? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18785 posts
8461 upvotes
Oakville
Tikwalus wrote: My printer has WiFi button. I'm wondering if there is easy way to print with Android 5 phone.
Android 5 is pretty damn old. I'd be surprised if there's anything that would support that.
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Jun 2, 2010
576 posts
275 upvotes
Toronto
Tikwalus wrote: I downloaded a brother driver and enabled printing in setting on phone but it just searches for printer to no avail. I've never used the printer network. Do I just push the wireless button on printer or do I need a password or something? Thanks.
How to print using Redmi Note 3:

How to Connect Printer in XIAOMI Redmi Note 3?

How can I print my documents from a Redmi Note 3 using USB or OTG on an HP laser printer?

Printing from Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

How to print from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4113 posts
1466 upvotes
GTA
Tikwalus wrote: I downloaded a brother driver and enabled printing in setting on phone but it just searches for printer to no avail. I've never used the printer network. Do I just push the wireless button on printer or do I need a password or something? Thanks.
You need to connect it to your wifi network, it varies depending which one you have. Disconnect the usb cable from it and try to connect it wirelessly and try printing from your pc first. Then printing from android should be easy.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4242 posts
2530 upvotes
Gotham
Have you ever printed wirelessly from another device like your computer? If not, you might not have setup the network on your printer. If it is powered on, there should be nothing to press on your printer to print.

On a Mac, I can go to printer utility and the printer will be there showing current status.

I also have mobile printing from my phone and tablet setup. It worked on the first try for me. Both my phone and tablet run Android 10.
[OP]
Oct 17, 2020
30 posts
6 upvotes
batcave wrote: Have you ever printed wirelessly from another device like your computer? If not, you might not have setup the network on your printer. If it is powered on, there should be nothing to press on your printer to print.

On a Mac, I can go to printer utility and the printer will be there showing current status.

I also have mobile printing from my phone and tablet setup. It worked on the first try for me. Both my phone and tablet run Android 10.
Ok, I will learn to print from laptop wirelessly first. Thanks. I'm old.
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4009 posts
1171 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
if your printer connects to a Wi-Fi network AND has Apple Air Print and/or Google Cloud Print or Samsung Print, then it will print from your phone.
It is actually very easy
Hi
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18785 posts
8461 upvotes
Oakville
It might be better if you just told us what printer model you have, and we could tell you if it supports it or not? Lol
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21275 posts
23656 upvotes
Toronto
Mom has an older Canon Pixma TR8520 printer connected to wifi network. No problems printing from Samsung Galaxy A70 (Androids 10)
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Oct 14, 2006
187 posts
87 upvotes
Richmond
Brother printers have supported printing on Android all the way back to Android 2.x - I had an old HTC 2.3 phone that could print emails to my home Brother printer. It has always surprised me that a decade later, it's still not working right for so many printers/phones/people/etc.; some manufacturers had it figured out over a decade ago.

First, get the printer connected to WiFi and set up the printer drivers on a laptop. Then once it's on the network, you need the Brother Print Service Plugin and Brother iPrint and Scan apps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_CA&gl=US
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_CA&gl=US

Then you'll be able to print, for supported models. (Most)

If the phone is too old to be compatible with the newest versions of these, you may have to hunt down older APKs and sideload them from an alternate download site like APKPure.