Shopping Discussion

Can you return assembled BBQ back to home depot?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2016 3:55 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1817 posts
589 upvotes

Can you return assembled BBQ back to home depot?

Hi
I need help understanding. If home depot does not price protect after two weeks, can I buy one on new receipt and return on the old reciept? The old receipt does have a assembly form attached so will they deny a brand new unpacked box being returned? Assembly was free.
7 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11022 posts
2114 upvotes
Toronto
You know, there's a simpler solution to find the answer you are looking for

hint: call the number on the receipt, ask to speak to a manager and ask this same question. A normal CSR will likely not know the proper answer.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3988 posts
3000 upvotes
GTA
Not worth the hassle. Stop checking new prices, start grilling more. When is the RFD's BBQ meet??
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2829 posts
2137 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
itrocks4u wrote: Hi
I need help understanding. If home depot does not price protect after two weeks, can I buy one on new receipt and return on the old reciept? The old receipt does have a assembly form attached so will they deny a brand new unpacked box being returned? Assembly was free.
What did they say when you called the store?
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Sep 19, 2013
843 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
Tommy74 wrote: Not worth the hassle. Stop checking new prices, start grilling more. When is the RFD's BBQ meet??
Bring a BBQ to the RFD car meet and we'll feast
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8070 posts
1744 upvotes
Wall in to customer service and tell them I could just buy a new one and return the old one so you might should just do the price protection for me
Jan 30, 2013
185 posts
73 upvotes
You could just say you unassembled it yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2072 posts
2124 upvotes
Living the dream
Tommy74 wrote: Not worth the hassle. Stop checking new prices, start grilling more. When is the RFD's BBQ meet??
When is your backyard available? You provide the drinks, meat, and barbecue, and I'll provide the entertainment.
The name is pronounced El‧u‧àr‧do. I am the ultimate deal hunter, y'all just gatherers. I was the first openly black man to get a Costco membership.