Tags:
None
[OP]
May 5, 2015
226 posts
160 upvotes
Dundas, ON

Canada Computer GAMDIAS mail-in rebate?

Has anyone had problems with Gamdias' mail-in rebate before? I bought a headset ($0 after rebate) and a keyboard/mouse combo ($5.99 after rebate) on boxing day, both eligible for mail-in rebate. However, their rebate terms says "one rebate per household, person, ..." which implies even though I bought 2 different products, I'm only getting one rebate Crying Face ?

They apparently also don't have a number for contact and haven't returned my email sent 2 days ago.

First ever mail-in rebate by the way, never a fan of these, but that $0 is too hard to resist ='(
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
5927 posts
532 upvotes
Kanata
Almost did the same thing as OP, luckly I backed up from the keyboard mouse combo, but if OP didn't open the headset or combo, maybe you can still return it.
Mar 5, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
I know this is an old thread but I just had to vent. I bought the deal and submitted the rebate forms and to this day, nada. It's been 7 months! And they don't respond to emails and it's been like pulling tooth and nail to get in touch with them. They claim they had a mixup with the Canadian rebates. I finally received an email response that they sent out the cheques but 3 weeks later, still nothing and no response to emails again. It is a scam. I've never had problems with other manufacturers but I guess I hit the odds this time. Be forewarned to anyone else who purchases Gamdias products and is thinking about their rebates.
Jul 10, 2014
86 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto, ON
starchy wrote: I know this is an old thread but I just had to vent. I bought the deal and submitted the rebate forms and to this day, nada. It's been 7 months! And they don't respond to emails and it's been like pulling tooth and nail to get in touch with them. They claim they had a mixup with the Canadian rebates. I finally received an email response that they sent out the cheques but 3 weeks later, still nothing and no response to emails again. It is a scam. I've never had problems with other manufacturers but I guess I hit the odds this time. Be forewarned to anyone else who purchases Gamdias products and is thinking about their rebates.
Same here I am still waiting as I have not received my check as I bought a GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2 Stereo Lighting headset back on 26 Dec 2017 and mailed in the form, copy of the receipt and the original UPC to the address. Gamdias rebate conditions are ludicrous in particular the All requests MUST BE POSTMARKED within 8 calendar days from the invoiced date.

The rebate form conditions is in very small font states:

"Gamdias Mail-In Rebate is valid only with eligible purchases from Canada Computers & ordinateurscanada.com during valid period. All requests MUST BE POSTMARKED within 8 calendar days from the invoiced date. Limit one rebate per household, person, billing address, or company during the eligible period. Offer only for actual purchase by end users or corporate customers; requests from resellers and distributors will not be honored. All rebates must not be combined with any other offer or promo. Gamdias or its Rebate Center is not responsible for lost or misdirected mails and illegible entries. Please allow up to 14 weeks to process by fulfillment company to receive your rebate. Rebate checks are void if not cashed within 60 days of the issuance and will not be reissued. Fraudulent submission of requests could result in prosecution under Canada and Ontario laws."
"PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF YOUR CLAIM FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
If you do not receive your rebate check within next 14 weeks, you may contact gamdiasMIR@gmail.com"

Has anyone noticed that Gamdias has been running this same rebate promotion over and over and over and over again?
Mar 5, 2017
11 posts
3 upvotes
bonkewl53 wrote: Same here I am still waiting as I have not received my check as I bought a GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2 Stereo Lighting headset back on 26 Dec 2017 and mailed in the form, copy of the receipt and the original UPC to the address. Gamdias rebate conditions are ludicrous in particular the All requests MUST BE POSTMARKED within 8 calendar days from the invoiced date.

"Gamdias Mail-In Rebate is valid only with eligible purchases from Canada Computers & ordinateurscanada.com during valid period. All requests MUST BE POSTMARKED within 8 calendar days from the invoiced date. Limit one rebate per household, person, billing address, or company during the eligible period. Offer only for actual purchase by end users or corporate customers; requests from resellers and distributors will not be honored. All rebates must not be combined with any other offer or promo. Gamdias or its Rebate Center is not responsible for lost or misdirected mails and illegible entries. Please allow up to 14 weeks to process by fulfillment company to receive your rebate. Rebate checks are void if not cashed within 60 days of the issuance and will not be reissued. Fraudulent submission of requests could result in prosecution under Canada and Ontario laws."
If you do not receive your rebate check within next 14 weeks, you may contact gamdiasMIR@gmail.com"

Has anyone noticed that Gamdias has been running this same rebate promotion over and over and over and over again?
I've been looking to see if something can be done. There are at least two government agencies that can potentially respond. Because you know what will happen - this Christmas, they'll do the exact same thing and con other people.
[OP]
May 5, 2015
226 posts
160 upvotes
Dundas, ON
bonkewl53 wrote: Same here I am still waiting as I have not received my check as I bought a GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2 Stereo Lighting headset back on 26 Dec 2017 and mailed in the form, copy of the receipt and the original UPC to the address. Gamdias rebate conditions are ludicrous in particular the All requests MUST BE POSTMARKED within 8 calendar days from the invoiced date.

OP here, sorry for not updating the post, but I actually received my rebates, both of them around March/April this year. I cut the UPC out of the box and mailed it with the form.
Jan 8, 2008
72 posts
46 upvotes
Eastern Ont -The Uni…
It's almost Hallowe'en so I will revive this zombie thread.

Yesterday I bought a Gamdias headset at CC and there is supposed to be a mir, but the web link to the required rebate form does not work.

Complete rebate form online at
http://www.mircenter.ca/promo/CC/Gamdias/1017

Following that link gets a page with one sentence:

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Not very helpful.

Update 5:30 PM I got to the page and filled in the form. Now to mail it and wait several months!