• Sep 6th, 2021 4:17 am
[OP]
May 3, 2003
584 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto

[Canada Computers] 2 choices of Redragon Mechanical 104-key keyboards

Two choices:
1) Redragon K582RGB Surara LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, 104 Standard Anti-ghosting Keys with Linear and Quiet Red Switches Perfect for Typing and Gaming, Black (K582RGB)

And
2) Redragon Vara/Mitra K551 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 104 Key, Black [K551-RGB]

Amazon links (1) and (2). Good reviews. Amazon describes (2) ad having blue switches.

Regular prices at Amazon are $64 and $67 so $45 from a (for me) local shop seems like a nice deal. And at $45, any mechanical keyboard that functions is good.
Last edited by eshum on Aug 14th, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Jul 25, 2011
25 posts
35 upvotes
MARKHAM
Decent for general use, not durable enough for gaming. The springs aren't high quality and will wear out quickly, becoming unresponsive
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2003
1728 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Never buy Redragon. I had a keyboard which had non-functioning keys out of the box, and a headset that stopped working after a few months. Their support is literally non-existent.
Mar 11, 2016
27 posts
13 upvotes
I have the K582, bought it to hold me over while I found something to replace my Das keyboard 4. I hated the red switches, but to be fair i dont like linear switches. They give you a few spare switches and a key puller, which is a good thing because the keys started going unresponsive. The switches are hot swappable, so I decided to swap them out for gateron browns. It was supposed to be temporary, but im still using they keyboard over 1 year later. So i guess you can say im enjoying it. Despite what the 40 dollar price tag may have you think, the keyboard feels nice and sturdy. its comfortable to write on and feels much better after swapping the switches. I bought the keyboard itself for 38 dollars and the gateron switches cost another 30. I'd say this is a good keyboard for 70 bucks, but im not aware of whats on the market right now. So 70 bucks might actually buy you something better.

Also I found out the hard way that the reddragon switches are not straight swaps for gateron switches. The pins on the gateron switches are slightly wider. I already bought the switches when I found that out, so I painstakingly sanded the pins down on 70 gateron switches until they fit. So if you're planning to swap the switches on this thing you might look into getting a different type of switch than cherry/gateron.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2622 posts
5829 upvotes
Vancouver
Downvote for canada computers!
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
I have both a red dragon keyboard as well as a headset. I'm very happy with both and have been using them now for more than 2yrs problem free. Mine is very similar to the 2nd one here, mine doesn't light up. Very happy for price vs quality. Honestly nothing bad to say about either item.
Jul 4, 2020
47 posts
104 upvotes
Canada computers can go take a hike though... Their customer service is awful.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7467 posts
4090 upvotes
Debtario
These are good keyboards, provided you get a good one and it lasts.

I suggested one to a coworker, he loved it until switches randomly died or would act up q few months later.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)