• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2009 12:22 am
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes

Canada Computers

Hi,

I've just ordered some rams from them. Usually, I always read the review first from an online retailer before ordering from them but this time I did it after and noticed a lot of people had issues with them about the return policy plus I read they don't always give you a tracking number unless you call them? Has anyone had such experiences with them?

Thanks.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2006
4349 posts
460 upvotes
Computers Canada?

or...do you mean Canada Computers?
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes
ipxxx wrote: Computers Canada?

or...do you mean Canada Computers?
Lol, sorry yah, Canada Computers.
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2009
626 posts
25 upvotes
xaznxplaya wrote: Hi,

I've just ordered some rams from them. Usually, I always read the review first from an online retailer before ordering from them but this time I did it after and noticed a lot of people had issues with them about the return policy plus I read they don't always give you a tracking number unless you call them? Has anyone had such experiences with them?

Thanks.
I've never ordered anything from them online. They only provide you a full refund if they test and find that the product is defective otherwise they charge a ridiculous restocking fee of 15%.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2009
1541 posts
7 upvotes
punisher101 wrote: I've never ordered anything from them online. They only provide you a full refund if they test and find that the product is defective otherwise they charge a ridiculous restocking fee of 15%.
Why is their restocking fee ridiculous? They're not Walmart. They're working on razor thin margins. It costs them money to have you change your mind and bring it back. They can't resell it as new either. Why should they absorb the costs because you can't make up your mind? Their suppliers charge them 30%.

Many computer shops won't do refunds at all, exchange or credit only. If you're not sure you need it, don't buy it and save them the expense.
Sr. Member
Jan 31, 2009
626 posts
25 upvotes
npinc wrote: Why is their restocking fee ridiculous? They're not Walmart. They're working on razor thin margins. It costs them money to have you change your mind and bring it back. They can't resell it as new either. Why should they absorb the costs because you can't make up your mind? Their suppliers charge them 30%.

Many computer shops won't do refunds at all, exchange or credit only. If you're not sure you need it, don't buy it and save them the expense.
Because I can always head over to FS or BB for there more flexible return policies. For smaller value items I don't care about the 15% restocking fee. For higher value items I would rather have flexible return policies then a discount.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes
So as I can read only their return policies isn't flexible? I've noticed that they don't have a live chat as Newegg as well which will be harder for the communication.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes
vostro wrote: they have Corsair P256 on sale until Nov 5 for $709.99 while Newegg is priced at $725. http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.ph ... id=HDD.859
I was mostly concerned with people feedback about them, I did notice their sales but unlike Newegg who has a livechat which is very easy to communicate with when you have an issue, plus their items always come the next day I order it. My concerns were about their shipping process and policy, I'll see how it goes this week.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
20173 posts
4729 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
What a lot of people don't understand is that there's different kinds of computer shops out there.

You cannot expect to pay rock bottom prices and then still get the cushy benefits that more expensive places give you with flexible return policies, no restocking fee, no extra charge for credit card, helpful salespeople fluent in English who help you decide what you want, etc. It is a scale.

Canada Computers is on the other end. This means that if you actually know what you want and are ready to just go in and pay for it and then use it without bothering them ever again, then they are your shop. The benefit is better pricing.

Some people don't understand this and then they get all offended when CC doesn't offer the same service level as Costco or Future Shop. If those people want that then they should go and pay higher prices. And this is why CC gets bad reviews on reseller ratings.

Because service is not a priority, I use my common sense and do not buy from them online because it's very difficult to resolve any problem. I go into the store and inspect the item and only then hand them my money. I have never had a problem with Canada Computers.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4097 posts
563 upvotes
T.O.
Jucius Maximus wrote: What a lot of people don't understand is that there's different kinds of computer shops out there.

You cannot expect to pay rock bottom prices and then still get the cushy benefits that more expensive places give you with flexible return policies, no restocking fee, no extra charge for credit card, helpful salespeople fluent in English who help you decide what you want, etc. It is a scale.

Canada Computers is on the other end. This means that if you actually know what you want and are ready to just go in and pay for it and then use it without bothering them ever again, then they are your shop. The benefit is better pricing.

Some people don't understand this and then they get all offended when CC doesn't offer the same service level as Costco or Future Shop. If those people want that then they should go and pay higher prices. And this is why CC gets bad reviews on reseller ratings.

Because service is not a priority, I use my common sense and do not buy from them online because it's very difficult to resolve any problem. I go into the store and inspect the item and only then hand them my money. I have never had a problem with Canada Computers.
Well said. I always just walk in, order whatever I'm looking for (after checking out their website and reading the reviews online) and get out.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: What a lot of people don't understand is that there's different kinds of computer shops out there.

You cannot expect to pay rock bottom prices and then still get the cushy benefits that more expensive places give you with flexible return policies, no restocking fee, no extra charge for credit card, helpful salespeople fluent in English who help you decide what you want, etc. It is a scale.

Canada Computers is on the other end. This means that if you actually know what you want and are ready to just go in and pay for it and then use it without bothering them ever again, then they are your shop. The benefit is better pricing.

Some people don't understand this and then they get all offended when CC doesn't offer the same service level as Costco or Future Shop. If those people want that then they should go and pay higher prices. And this is why CC gets bad reviews on reseller ratings.

Because service is not a priority, I use my common sense and do not buy from them online because it's very difficult to resolve any problem. I go into the store and inspect the item and only then hand them my money. I have never had a problem with Canada Computers.
Interesting...I get your point. Although, it's very hard for me to go buy in their store that's because I live in Quebec. Talking about services, I find Newegg has impressive one plus their prices aren't bad neither. Though, I'm not the one that's gonna come whining if the item is defective but at least saying about they don't really care about their customers make me change my mind for a future purchase. This said, it does give me an idea about them now.

Thanks
Deal Guru
User avatar
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
424 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Can you people who keeps saying reps at Canada Computers can't speak English - go to the Mississauga location. All the reps are all Caucasian, there is not one Asian rep there at all. Only the store Manager, Kelvin is and he's Korean.
Newbie
Jul 2, 2009
54 posts
xaznxplaya wrote: Interesting...I get your point. Although, it's very hard for me to go buy in their store that's because I live in Quebec. Talking about services, I find Newegg has impressive one plus their prices aren't bad neither. Though, I'm not the one that's gonna come whining if the item is defective but at least saying about they don't really care about their customers make me change my mind for a future purchase. This said, it does give me an idea about them now.

Thanks



on top they charge 2-3% Everyday Low Price (if use credit card)


http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/cana ... rs-805882/
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 29, 2005
2997 posts
531 upvotes
Pickering
Jucius Maximus wrote: What a lot of people don't understand is that there's different kinds of computer shops out there.

You cannot expect to pay rock bottom prices and then still get the cushy benefits that more expensive places give you with flexible return policies, no restocking fee, no extra charge for credit card, helpful salespeople fluent in English who help you decide what you want, etc. It is a scale.

Canada Computers is on the other end. This means that if you actually know what you want and are ready to just go in and pay for it and then use it without bothering them ever again, then they are your shop. The benefit is better pricing.

Some people don't understand this and then they get all offended when CC doesn't offer the same service level as Costco or Future Shop. If those people want that then they should go and pay higher prices. And this is why CC gets bad reviews on reseller ratings.

Because service is not a priority, I use my common sense and do not buy from them online because it's very difficult to resolve any problem. I go into the store and inspect the item and only then hand them my money. I have never had a problem with Canada Computers.
That's CC to a tee, +1.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 12, 2006
3713 posts
49 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote: What a lot of people don't understand is that there's different kinds of computer shops out there.

You cannot expect to pay rock bottom prices and then still get the cushy benefits that more expensive places give you with flexible return policies, no restocking fee, no extra charge for credit card, helpful salespeople fluent in English who help you decide what you want, etc. It is a scale.

Canada Computers is on the other end. This means that if you actually know what you want and are ready to just go in and pay for it and then use it without bothering them ever again, then they are your shop. The benefit is better pricing.

Some people don't understand this and then they get all offended when CC doesn't offer the same service level as Costco or Future Shop. If those people want that then they should go and pay higher prices. And this is why CC gets bad reviews on reseller ratings.

Because service is not a priority, I use my common sense and do not buy from them online because it's very difficult to resolve any problem. I go into the store and inspect the item and only then hand them my money. I have never had a problem with Canada Computers.
People get offended because this Chinese attitude is in Canada.
In Canada we expect to see service, politeness etc etc...
Don't expect everybody like you who can forgo service for price of price.
This is not Singapore/HK or China. This is Canada and we expect something from CC.


My Last purchase from CC was about 10-11 year before...I dont remember exact...I couldn't install Windows Server (Was it 4.0?) that time. It took me almost 4 days to get HDD replaced.

CC is axhole that time and still it is today.
Dont ask people to change...ask CC to change their ways.
Ban Steve Downie from NHL
Self Proclaimed PYwner Late Miss. Masco:My Gramma is gooder than your typos Says GrammerNazi.
smitty9999 on saving power: nooB Powers on the PC just to post stfu.
board123:when challenged runs away as fast as it can, hide behind mommy.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Jan 21, 2009
431 posts
63 upvotes
champlinD wrote: People get offended because this Chinese attitude is in Canada.
In Canada we expect to see service, politeness etc etc...
Don't expect everybody like you who can forgo service for price of price.
This is not Singapore/HK or China. This is Canada and we expect something from CC.


My Last purchase from CC was about 10-11 year before...I dont remember exact...I couldn't install Windows Server (Was it 4.0?) that time. It took me almost 4 days to get HDD replaced.

CC is axhole that time and still it is today.
Dont ask people to change...ask CC to change their ways.

4 months...=S. Hopefully, I won't get any issues with my purchase...
Newbie
Jul 2, 2009
54 posts
champlinD wrote: People get offended because this Chinese attitude is in Canada.
In Canada we expect to see service, politeness etc etc...
Don't expect everybody like you who can forgo service for price of price.
This is not Singapore/HK or China. This is Canada and we expect something from CC.


My Last purchase from CC was about 10-11 year before...I dont remember exact...I couldn't install Windows Server (Was it 4.0?) that time. It took me almost 4 days to get HDD replaced.

CC is axhole that time and still it is today.
Dont ask people to change...ask CC to change their ways.



you Right +1 Dont ask people to change...ask CC to change their ways.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 29, 2001
4799 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote: Can you people who keeps saying reps at Canada Computers can't speak English - go to the Mississauga location. All the reps are all Caucasian, there is not one Asian rep there at all. Only the store Manager, Kelvin is and he's Korean.
Exactly, I guess the kind of reps they have is all base on location, location, location.

I bet their Kingston location is all non-Asian except for management.
Mark77 wrote: That's not very nice....and you're missing out on a lot of valuable knowledge if you ignore me. Your loss.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
20173 posts
4729 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
champlinD wrote: People get offended because this Chinese attitude is in Canada.
In Canada we expect to see service, politeness etc etc...
Don't expect everybody like you who can forgo service for price of price.
This is not Singapore/HK or China. This is Canada and we expect something from CC.
I don't mind that this "Chinese attitude" is in Canada. The fact is that I can choose to shop at CC or ignore them. It gives me more options and personal choice.

If people don't like the "Chinese attitude" then people won't shop there and CC will go out of business and natural selection will shape the course of the marketplace.

Considering how busy my local CC tends to be, I think that not everyone is offended by "Chinese attitude".
- casual gastronomist -

Top