Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-Core/12-Thread Processor with Radeon Graphics $150 - $10 coupon = $140 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2022 11:32 am
Jan 14, 2022
152 posts
304 upvotes
brolab wrote: Just waiting on the long-prophesied GPU price crash to materialize now...
Yup should be seeing those Rx series dropping soon too
Oct 20, 2002
256 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm in the same boat. Picked up the cpu today and have been looking for ITX options. Slim pickings. Cheapest board is the Asrock B550 for $185-$199 and last gen board are out of stock or cost more. Asked CC if they are getting anymore and they told me this motherboard is discontinued. Might just return it and wait for next zen 4 sales.
warpdrive wrote: restocked online and at stores

The thing that's stopping me is: I'm building ITX and there are no deals on the motherboards.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2015
1835 posts
1333 upvotes
Maple leafs
brolab wrote: Expecting crazy BF/boxing day deals later this year for sure
Agree, it’s all lining up for cheap ddr4, cheap last gen cpus, cheap gpus, clear out psus for atx3.0 version in spring, cheap ssds due to oversupply of nand.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3934 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
oh very tempting. currently using a i5-9600K alienware pre-built, and im trying to build a ITX system from scratch and was planning to go for LGA1700 since i will have an upgrade path later with 13th gen intel cpus, but i3-12100 and i5-12400 cpus are a bit hard to find in terms of stock, and their prices aren't as awesome as this.

but this is very enticing, it looks like the performance of this CPU is similar to i5-12400 but for about $100 cheaper, am i correct? though i will lose out on the upgrade path for AM4

finding a AM4 ITX mobo is also a pain, but alder lake LGA1700 ITX mobos are just as hard to find right now as well. there is hope that manufacturers will continue to produce LGA1700 ITX boards into next year for the intel raptor lake cpus (as suppposed to AM4 mobos being discontinued now), but that may be wishful thinking...

decisions decisions decisions...
Last edited by chroma_cg on Oct 8th, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16855 posts
5323 upvotes
Markham
$199.99
ASRock B550M-ITX/AC Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen™ / Future AMD Ryzen™ Processors Motherboard

https://www.amazon.ca/ASRock-B550M-ITX- ... B089VYCHMG

You might need to update bios before it can support 56000G
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Mar 5, 2010
723 posts
483 upvotes
Ottawa
Jordanferras wrote: Deal breaker for me not having PCIE 4.0

Im running a decade old CPU and it's PCEI 3.0 lol

Why the heck would I wait that long and not get a PCIE 4.0

Not enough of a staggering difference between my i7-4770k just more cores/threads maybe better per core performance?

Seems better to buy near the higher end chips because they hold their performance vs newer lower end chips over time.
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare/In ... 1919vs4325

the performance gap is substantial. for the price it can't be beat from what i've seen but depends on what you want from a new pc. If you're thinking latest and greatest and using something that'll last 10+ years on cutting edge then this is not the place to look. If you want top level price/performance with decent longevity btwn this and your next build then i think this is the current champion, made better with another price drop.
DanielB40260 wrote: You're right, if you're going to upgrade at least give yourself the ability to use new technology. As someone else stated, you could wait and go to a Zen 4 system or the new Intel gear. The new AMD boards will support DDR5 and PCIe 5.0. However, you'll pay hundreds more for a DDR5/PCIe 5.0 system (and you won't really see a difference) so it's all relevant to your budget and needs. I like using 2nd generation parts like the AM4 stuff that's out right now, or a Playstation 4 for a console. You get almost the same performance and enjoyability for half the price. The best value for a computer system is never with the newest technology and I'm all about value. So build an AM4 system right now and don't worry about it. It will keep you going for years to come and you'll be gaming just as fast as the guy who spent twice as much on DDR5. It's time to put your old i7 to rest!
Nailed it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3934 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote: $199.99
ASRock B550M-ITX/AC Supports 3rd Gen AMD AM4 Ryzen™ / Future AMD Ryzen™ Processors Motherboard

https://www.amazon.ca/ASRock-B550M-ITX- ... B089VYCHMG

You might need to update bios before it can support 56000G
thanks for this, i did look this up myself. my concern is that based on reviews on amazon and newegg, i am seeing quite a few comments regarding DOAs or failed AM4 mobos from asrock (not just this model). given that this is the first time im building a PC on my own in the past 15 years, im abit weary of this (although im aware that asrock is more of a budget mobo brand compared to the mainstream brands)

on the other hand, i do not see as many DOA reviews (if any) for asrock LGA1700 boards (other than poor VRM/PL2 states but might be more of a chipset limitation than asrock's fault)
Feb 16, 2003
660 posts
108 upvotes
I've always build my own PC but for the next gig i am seriously considering getting a laptop (clearance/sale Ryzen) and hooked it up to the LCD/mouse/keyboard. It seems to be cheaper that way, especially if you're going to buy a CPU with an integrated GPU. A laptop with comparable CPU to this one is going for $400 or even less than that with discount, You add up mobo, ram, HDD, etc and it's pretty much the same or more WITHOUT legitimate Windows. Of course, i'm speaking for light/non-gamer build. Anyone has an argument against this?
WTB:
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3934 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Zen wrote: I've always build my own PC but for the next gig i am seriously considering getting a laptop (clearance/sale Ryzen) and hooked it up to the LCD/mouse/keyboard. It seems to be cheaper that way, especially if you're going to buy a CPU with an integrated GPU. A laptop with comparable CPU to this one is going for $400 or even less than that with discount, You add up mobo, ram, HDD, etc and it's pretty much the same or more WITHOUT legitimate Windows. Of course, i'm speaking for light/non-gamer build. Anyone has an argument against this?
that's certainly an option, but i think you will have to keep the laptop lid open (or open it and close it after) every time you want to turn the thing on. and you are paying for a laptop screen that you are not going to use.

go get yourself a mini pc instead such as celeron-based intel nuc or minisforum, or those chinese mini pcs on amazon/aliexpress that has a windows license activated already
Feb 16, 2003
660 posts
108 upvotes
chroma_cg wrote: that's certainly an option, but i think you will have to keep the laptop lid open (or open it and close it after) every time you want to turn the thing on. and you are paying for a laptop screen that you are not going to use.

go get yourself a mini pc instead such as celeron-based intel nuc or minisforum, or those chinese mini pcs on amazon/aliexpress that has a windows license activated already
Nah i need a decent CPU with iGPU as i keep the same system for quite a while, currently on i3-4160.

As for the lid, pretty sure there is an option in the power settings for that. Since price would be cheaper, cost of unused screen wouldn't matter, bonus for being portable if needed.

Something like this : lenovo-canada-lenovo-k14-amd-notebook-510-72-2564834/
WTB:
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1222 posts
952 upvotes
The Great North
Zen wrote: Nah i need a decent CPU with iGPU as i keep the same system for quite a while, currently on i3-4160.

As for the lid, pretty sure there is an option in the power settings for that. Since price would be cheaper, cost of unused screen wouldn't matter, bonus for being portable if needed.

Check also this thread, pretty good bang for your buck as long as you don't need the latest and greatest.
bauer-systems-thinkcentre-m910q-tiny-i5 ... #p36568991
Last edited by nivek_k2020 on Oct 9th, 2022 3:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7948 posts
2864 upvotes
Washington, DC
AMD has a massive oversupply problem right now, the warehouses are full.

These prices could keep dropping now that the memory cycle is over.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3934 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Zen wrote: Nah i need a decent CPU with iGPU as i keep the same system for quite a while, currently on i3-4160.

the reduction in price for ryzen laptops will never be the same as the fire sale we are seeing with ryzen desktop cpus. it's because of excess inventory: AMD made too many of them.

is there an oversupply of ryzen laptops? not that i heard of
Feb 16, 2003
660 posts
108 upvotes
chroma_cg wrote: the reduction in price for ryzen laptops will never be the same as the fire sale we are seeing with ryzen desktop cpus. it's because of excess inventory: AMD made too many of them.

is there an oversupply of ryzen laptops? not that i heard of
Even at $150, which is a great price, compared to $200 before? You add the other components and it wouldn't be able to beat a laptop (with similar components) on clearance. Also you don`t need / less chance to deal with compatibility or RMA's, Anyways that's my own observations. If you're going for higher end CPU and GPU then yes i think desktop would be cheaper.
WTB:
Aug 26, 2018
139 posts
139 upvotes
chroma_cg wrote: thanks for this, i did look this up myself. my concern is that based on reviews on amazon and newegg, i am seeing quite a few comments regarding DOAs or failed AM4 mobos from asrock (not just this model). given that this is the first time im building a PC on my own in the past 15 years, im abit weary of this (although im aware that asrock is more of a budget mobo brand compared to the mainstream brands)

on the other hand, i do not see as many DOA reviews (if any) for asrock LGA1700 boards (other than poor VRM/PL2 states but might be more of a chipset limitation than asrock's fault)
I have this cpu and an Asrock B450m pro motherboard. No need to be concerned with Asrock quality. The motherboard is solid and pretty good for overclocking too. I OC'd my cpu just using the simple ryzen master software and it now benchmarks neck and neck with a 5600x cpu which costs approx $100 more; the savings can be put towards a better GPU or other component.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3934 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Iluvdeals2018 wrote: I have this cpu and an Asrock B450m pro motherboard. No need to be concerned with Asrock quality. The motherboard is solid and pretty good for overclocking too. I OC'd my cpu just using the simple ryzen master software and it now benchmarks neck and neck with a 5600x cpu which costs approx $100 more; the savings can be put towards a better GPU or other component.
thanks for the reassurance. another concern of mine is the need to update bios for 5000 cpu compatibility. other brands such as gigabyte seem to have a function where you can update the bios without the need to insert the cpu. do asrock AM4 boards have a similar function? i do not see a similar button on the asrock ITX boards (whether on the IO ports, or on the board itself, or in the online manual)

since this is my first build, if asrock does not have an updated bios, wouldn't i need to have another compatible (older ryzen) CPU on the asrock mobo, flash the bios, before i can even use the 5600G? i do not have an older ryzen cpu lying around to flash the bios
Apr 1, 2012
286 posts
270 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Excellent deal for anyone planing a general use/integrated graphics build. For PC enthusiasts/gamers I would recommend a 5600 at a minimum (for its better performance and connectivity).
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3936 posts
6298 upvotes
Langley, BC
Iluvdeals2018 wrote: I have this cpu and an Asrock B450m pro motherboard. No need to be concerned with Asrock quality. The motherboard is solid and pretty good for overclocking too. I OC'd my cpu just using the simple ryzen master software and it now benchmarks neck and neck with a 5600x cpu which costs approx $100 more; the savings can be put towards a better GPU or other component.
What bios do you have? I have the same board, but my bios is 2.00 from 2018. I’m hesitant to upgrade the bios due to all the warnings and stuff on the bios upgrade website https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450m%20Pro4/#BIOS

I have the 2200g. Can I just update to the latest bios?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4643 posts
2114 upvotes
Toronto
Zen wrote: I've always build my own PC but for the next gig i am seriously considering getting a laptop (clearance/sale Ryzen) and hooked it up to the LCD/mouse/keyboard. It seems to be cheaper that way, especially if you're going to buy a CPU with an integrated GPU. A laptop with comparable CPU to this one is going for $400 or even less than that with discount, You add up mobo, ram, HDD, etc and it's pretty much the same or more WITHOUT legitimate Windows. Of course, i'm speaking for light/non-gamer build. Anyone has an argument against this?
I haven't tried this. Seems like an idea worth considering.

Some issues:
  • Sometimes notebooks require the lid to be open for proper cooling.
  • You probably want to get a notebook with the power switch accessible with the lid closed.
  • Notebooks are generally slower than desktops (less so for gaming notebooks).
  • Notebooks are harder to upgrade. Especially so when it comes to RAM.
  • Notebooks are harder to repair than desktops.
  • Without docking (not your usecase) the useful lifetime of a notebook might be limited by the display, keyboard, touchpad, processor, RAM size, or disk size. It's a shame to have to replace the whole thing when only one component needs upgrading.
Micro desktops have most of the disadvantages of notebooks -- they have notebook guts.

Having said all that, I will point out that few people ever install hardware upgrades in their computer. And few people need powerful computers. In fact most people just buy notebooks.