Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-Core/12-Thread Processor with Radeon Graphics $150 - $10 coupon = $140 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2022 11:32 am
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2833 posts
1825 upvotes
AB
I don't have it in front of me but IIRC it was $480 all in, they contacted me because I deducted their $9 shipping charge from the price beat deal and so I pointed out they charge for shipping and CC doesn't on this item, so it would have been $490 but they agreed to waive the shipping and do the price beat.
Sep 7, 2015
90 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Psyclist wrote: Have one in my HTPC, great CPU
I plan on building a HTPC using this CPU mostly for browsing and streaming on my 4k TV. May I ask which board and ram you used?

Thanks
Jul 30, 2010
655 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
syunze wrote: If you are running at 4k you would technically be gpu bottlenecked in most games outsides of esport ones. So this cpu would be good enough. For the gpu I would suggest at a minimum a 3080 tier equivalent or better. Although if you're going to spend that amount of money to get the 3080 you might as well go get the 5600 from the other thread that's selling on amazon.
Thank you, i checked prices for 3080, came up with NVDRA RTX 3080. are they supposed to be $1000+.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4601 posts
2055 upvotes
Toronto
db9514022 wrote: I plan on building a HTPC using this CPU mostly for browsing and streaming on my 4k TV. May I ask which board and ram you used?
This is overkill for browsing and streaming. You can get a light system that takes less power and doesn't even need a fan.

We happen to uses a MSI Cubi with a 5th gen i3. But that won't do UltraHD.

Do have a look at more modern micro-PCs. Here's a random example (not a recommendation): https://www.amazon.ca/KAMRUI-Mini-N5105 ... 0B8CF3PS1/

We mostly use Xiaomi Mi box for streaming but Android devices don't seem to have good browsers. Maybe AppleTV's iOS boxes do.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2005
2434 posts
1460 upvotes
I bought Samsung B Die - G.skill Flare X 3200 CL14... Gives the APU great performance for gaming for the kids.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3933 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
nivek_k2020 wrote: Price increased to $159.99 now.
looks like they jacked up the price to $169.99 (minus $10 with coupon) now. glad that i got mine for $125 over the weekend, well worth the drive to ME
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3933 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
Psyclist wrote: I bought Samsung B Die - G.skill Flare X 3200 CL14... Gives the APU great performance for gaming for the kids.
its likely common knowledge by now, but make sure the ram is running at dual channel. i tried the APU over the weekend and i was amazed at the performance for an integrated GPU. tried it with one stick of ram vs 2 sticks, and having 2 sticks made a significant difference
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2007
1489 posts
301 upvotes
i was gonna pick this up today, dumb the price bumped
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18020 posts
10811 upvotes
Ottawa
chroma_cg wrote: its likely common knowledge by now, but make sure the ram is running at dual channel. i tried the APU over the weekend and i was amazed at the performance for an integrated GPU. tried it with one stick of ram vs 2 sticks, and having 2 sticks made a significant difference
motherboard is good?
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3933 posts
1064 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: motherboard is good?
ya got a gigabyte board at ME for $240. it's $40 more than asrock offerings but i get assurance that 5000 cpu will work right out of the box (and has better vrm heatsinks/ports). everything works well.

made some n00b mistakes though (haven't built a PC myself in the past 15 years):
- accidentally snapped off the gpu PCI slot plastic latch, but still works
- applied thermal compound on the cpu, not knowing that the amd stock cooler has some pre-applied already. had to clean everything off and reapply again after the fact because it had too much and temps looked a bit weird when doing cinebench. all good now
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18020 posts
10811 upvotes
Ottawa
chroma_cg wrote: ya got a gigabyte board at ME for $240. it's $40 more than asrock offerings but i get assurance that 5000 cpu will work right out of the box. everything works well.

made some n00b mistakes though (haven't built a PC myself in the past 15 years):
- accidentally snapped off the gpu PCI slot plastic latch, but still works
- applied thermal compound on the cpu, not knowing that the amd stock cooler has some pre-applied already. had to clean everything off and reapply again after the fact because it had too much and temps looked a bit weird when doing cinebench. all good now
yeah, I was looking at the asrock, but just can't get myself to buy it (the number of ports is pretty pitiful, and what's with the legacy PS2 connector lol). It's supposed to be a budget build, so I really didn't want to spend more than $200 but maybe I have no choice.

Good job on the noob mistakes haha :)
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7948 posts
2864 upvotes
Washington, DC
lincoln wrote: AMD has a massive oversupply problem right now, the warehouses are full.

These prices could keep dropping now that the memory cycle is over.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Dec 19, 2006
853 posts
851 upvotes
Vancouver
warpdrive wrote: yeah, I was looking at the asrock, but just can't get myself to buy it (the number of ports is pretty pitiful, and what's with the legacy PS2 connector lol). It's supposed to be a budget build, so I really didn't want to spend more than $200 but maybe I have no choice.

Good job on the noob mistakes haha :)
If you wanna save some money on a mobo you can go with a b450 mobo. You aren’t going to be missing anything over a b550/x570 since the 5600G doesn’t support pcie 4.0. You can get some decent ones for $100-150 with usb bios flashback, which is handy if you’re not coming from an older zen cpu.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6212 posts
7388 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Look at Amazon's incredible "deal" for Prime members Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4836 posts
4323 upvotes
Calgary
Best time to build a new PC, IMO

Lots of great deals coming in and NvMes are cheaper than they've ever been
teksavvy sucks
Sep 7, 2015
90 posts
56 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
rugerty100 wrote: Look at Amazon's incredible "deal" for Prime members Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Oooh, non-deal price is a penny more. If only I had a prime membership. Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 25, 2010
318 posts
351 upvotes
Canada, Quebec, Mont…
Anonymous_ wrote: i was gonna pick this up today, dumb the price bumped
FYI -- It is back at $140 with coupon since 2 hours. ;-)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7044 posts
1591 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mickoz wrote: FYI -- It is back at $140 with coupon since 2 hours. ;-)
Thanks I ordered one.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2420 posts
1158 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I had a hard time deciding if I should pull the trigger. It looks like this is only a 30% improvement over my Ryzen 5 2600. But the price seems really hot...

I finally decided to pull the trigger. Worse case scenario is I'll change my mind and build a PC for my son instead using this CPU.

BTW. Memory Express accepted the price match with the coupon. It still cost slightly more than CC, due to shipping costs, but it was worth it to me to avoid CC.
Last edited by docbill10 on Oct 13th, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)