Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G & Ryzen 7 5700G now available for $329.99 & $469.99 respectively

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 8:21 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2020
125 posts
184 upvotes
toronto

[Canada Computers] AMD Ryzen 5 5600G & Ryzen 7 5700G now available for $329.99 & $469.99 respectively

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G 6-Core/12-Thread 7nm Processor - Socket AM4 3.9GHz/ 4.4GHz Radeon Graphics Wraith Stealth Cooler, 65W (100-100000252BOX)

I acknowledge the hate for Canada computers but this CPU is not present anywhere else.

Seems like a decent deal as compared to Intel i5 11600 given that the stock cooler on AMD should be sufficient for most people.

Good for those who need onboard graphics for the time being.

Links-

Ryzen 5: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=197160

Ryzen 7: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=198039


Update:

As many pointed out, this CPU seems to be available on Amazon and other websites too. Prices may vary.

Please do your due diligence. Links for Amazon:

Ryzen 5- https://www.amazon.ca/AMD-RYZEN-5600G-1 ... B092L9GF5N
Ryzen 7- https://www.amazon.ca/AMD-RYZEN-5700G-M ... B091J3NYVF
Last edited by AtulK86230 on Aug 12th, 2021 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
5454 posts
5022 upvotes
Toronto
F cc

Give it to Bezos instead with some promos:

https://www.amazon.ca/AMD-RYZEN-5600G-1 ... B092L9GF5N
Special offers and product promotions

Get Warframe: G-Series Pack when you buy select AMD Ryzen™ series processors and AMD Radeon™ graphics cards. You will be emailed a digital code 3 business days after your order ships. One benefit per customer. Offer runs 8/5/21 – 9/25/21. Offered by Amazon.ca. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Ready to reopen with Amazon Business : Register now to take advantage of 25% off your first eligible Amazon Business purchase. Claim your offer
Sr. Member
Oct 9, 2019
738 posts
1289 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Good finding OP, but unfortunately 'Poor Merchant Reputation' kills the deal.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2009
849 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
how does this compare to the 5600x?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2019
1007 posts
2766 upvotes
alireja wrote: Good finding OP, but unfortunately 'Poor Merchant Reputation' kills the deal.
At least CC has the right product description. Looking at you Amazon.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24391 posts
31331 upvotes
chadw01 wrote: F cc

Give it to Bezos instead with some promos:

https://www.amazon.ca/AMD-RYZEN-5600G-1 ... B092L9GF5N
alireja wrote: Good finding OP, but unfortunately 'Poor Merchant Reputation' kills the deal.
It's not even a question.

Image

There are still occasional yield issues with these CPUs. Binning isn't perfect. I'd much rather trust a return or exchange to Amazon. CC expects a throw down argument when I ask for a return or exchange, and this is them being better than they were historically.

Hopefully readers understand this and buy accordingly.
.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 14, 2010
1207 posts
827 upvotes
The Great North
redflagdealsguy wrote:
There are still occasional yield issues with these CPUs. Binning isn't perfect.
Out of curiosity have you ever done a RMA with AMD? Easy process or a lot of headaches?
Asking since I might have a bad AMD cpu, won't know for sure til I swap it into another system to confirm.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2582 posts
1730 upvotes
Grande Prairie AB
alireja wrote: Good finding OP, but unfortunately 'Poor Merchant Reputation' kills the deal.
"Poor" is putting it nicely.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24391 posts
31331 upvotes
nivek_k2020 wrote: Out of curiosity have you ever done a RMA with AMD? Easy process or a lot of headaches?
Asking since I might have a bad AMD cpu, won't know for sure til I swap it into another system to confirm.
Never, I typically buy through Amazon and aggressively pursue accommodations through their customer service. They tend to flex if I'm working with a reasonable person.
.
Newbie
Oct 13, 2019
89 posts
159 upvotes
xerane wrote: how does this compare to the 5600x?
If you play competitive games, 5600X is better because the larger L3 cache does make a difference.

But anyway 5600G and 5600X should be considered targeted to completely different audiences. If someone is going to use a dedicated GPU, then it is not necessary to buy a 5600G. If someone wants to stick with 5600G's integrated graphics, then he is not competitive gamer, because the integrated graphic is only similar to GT1030 level. What framerate do you expect in a modern competitive game (Overwatch, Apex legends etc.) if your graphic card is only GT1030?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
2619 posts
2566 upvotes
Toronto
ocmaki wrote: If you play competitive games, 5600X is better because the larger L3 cache does make a difference.

But anyway 5600G and 5600X should be considered targeted to completely different audiences. If someone is going to use a dedicated GPU, then it is not necessary to buy a 5600G. If someone wants to stick with 5600G's integrated graphics, then he is not competitive gamer, because the integrated graphic is only similar to GT1030 level. What framerate do you expect in a modern competitive game (Overwatch, Apex legends etc.) if your graphic card is only GT1030?
Normally yes, but I've seen a few cases where people are actually considering a 5600G for now (and adding a GPU later) as they can't secure a GPU to pair with a 5600X for example.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24391 posts
31331 upvotes
neonic wrote: Normally yes, but I've seen a few cases where people are actually considering a 5600G for now (and adding a GPU later) as they can't secure a GPU to pair with a 5600X for example.
The G unit is reasonable for bargain gaming.

It's water in a GPU desert.
.
Jr. Member
Apr 18, 2018
109 posts
98 upvotes
What's a good motherboard to go with this? Prefer 2x HDMI or HDMI + DisplayPort.
Sr. Member
Jun 17, 2018
658 posts
1225 upvotes
Isn't AMD going to change the socket with the upcoming 6000 series? Just something to keep in mind.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
5454 posts
5022 upvotes
Toronto
nivek_k2020 wrote: Out of curiosity have you ever done a RMA with AMD? Easy process or a lot of headaches?
Asking since I might have a bad AMD cpu, won't know for sure til I swap it into another system to confirm.
I've done a RMA with AMD and the process is pretty good as long as you follow their directions and give them all the info they ask, but be prepared to wait to get it back if you send it in

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)