Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D $469. 99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2022 3:40 pm
Nov 28, 2017
803 posts
815 upvotes
The new generation is coming out.

Now, I would argue it is still generally a fairly good time to build or especially upgrade with this if already on an AM4 platform. Very good performer in gaming and AM4/DDR4 cheaper to build on than the new stuff, so if you are unlikely to build on AM5 and then upgrade by 2025ish, there is a value argument to be made.

But still, as new chips are coming out, pretty decent chance the price of this could be dropping further.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1930 posts
2225 upvotes
Toronto
what mobos would you great people recommending for this? you know to last for awhile and somewhat future proof your setup..
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5157 posts
3434 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
EmpressLisaSu wrote: It's the 1080TI of CPUs.
If you hunt for sales you can get:

Budget B550 for ~$80
Budget 32 GB of 3600 Mhz CL18 RAM for ~$110-$120 (depending on if you want to pay the RGB tax)
Slot in the 5800x3d for $480
Slot in a 6650XT at the new lower MSRP or wait for RDNA3, and you've got a killer system for cheap.

I spent $80 on my MSI B550M Pro VDH WIFI mobo and got the 5800x3d with the amazon new business account discount and I couldn't be happier. With my 6800XT it's pretty much a long term 1440p machine.

We're at the beginning of the phase where AMD and Intel are gonna go HAM with innovation due to competition. Rocketlake and Zen 4 are already neck and neck. Buy the older system now that's on par with next gen Zen 4 gaming performance, hold out for like 5-7 years, and reap the benefits when inevitably one company completely dominates the other and starts being lazy again with innovation, and buy a system AFTER the innovation rocket loses steam.
Why would you buy a 480$ CPU and put a cheap GPU and call that a gaming PC?

Since when the CPU is more important than the GPU in gaming?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Why would you buy a 480$ CPU and put a cheap GPU and call that a gaming PC?

Cuz RDNA3 and Lovelace is literally 1 to 2 months away? Grab one of those when they're out and the 6650 can be kept as a back up or resold for minimal loss. Meanwhile, 6650 can keep you gaming while you try to get next gen GPU, which you are not guaranteed to get day one. Might take a month of supply is bad. Or alternatively if people are okay with used cards, could also get used 3080ti and skip this gen GPU. Maybe I should have explained why grab a 6650.
May 30, 2020
15 posts
16 upvotes
Sorry bit confused why was the chart sent earlier wrong by Intel? Newbie here.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2012
1754 posts
1013 upvotes
So this price is the cheapest I could find in North America brand new as the next cheapest price is $365 USD at Newegg.com. For a guy that only plays 6-8 hours of games per week, it's still a bit too pricey but I'll bite if the price drops to $450 - $475 CAD taxes included. Also hoping that AMD's next Gen video cards crushes everything which may result in some killer Black Friday/Christmas deals on existing Gen.
Mar 3, 2018
689 posts
536 upvotes
SwaunyJones wrote: what mobos would you great people recommending for this? you know to last for awhile and somewhat future proof your setup..
I was pretty happy with the MSI B550 Pro VDH WiFi for my wife’s build. It was cheap but did okay in hardware unboxed’s B550 VRM roundup.

Nothing AM4 is really going to future proof your setup unfortunately. A 5800X3D is likely the best CPU that socket is ever going to get.
May 26, 2013
262 posts
415 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
based on the AMD reveals this week, the 58003XD is a great 'end of generation' CPU for AM4, and will be competitive -- especially for gaming -- for 3-5 years minimum.

You'll save money on the motherboard, ram, and the CPU is competitively priced. Its also better than current gen consoles by a large margin, which will be the floor for most video game development for the next few years.

AM5 / 7xxx series AMD won't leave you with buyers remorse, now that we know what it is.
May 14, 2013
635 posts
1113 upvotes
RFD
vonblock wrote: Why would you buy a 480$ CPU and put a cheap GPU and call that a gaming PC?

I'd argue that there are many types of "Gaming".
If you are multi-boxing MMO's or running VMs, bots and macros, CPU is the bottleneck. You want as many cores and highest multithreading performance as possible, while a mid level GPU is usually sufficient because everything is usually rendered at low quality and low resolutions.
Mar 3, 2018
689 posts
536 upvotes
AutiieMaleak wrote: Is this a worth upgrade from a 5600x
Probably not unless the games you play have you heavily CPU bound in some way, i.e your a competitive CS GO player who needs every last frame.

For a production build you would be better off with a part with more cores, but there may be some use cases that benefit from the extra cache.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5157 posts
3434 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Cuz RDNA3 and Lovelace is literally 1 to 2 months away? Grab one of those when they're out and the 6650 can be kept as a back up or resold for minimal loss. Meanwhile, 6650 can keep you gaming while you try to get next gen GPU, which you are not guaranteed to get day one. Might take a month of supply is bad. Or alternatively if people are okay with used cards, could also get used 3080ti and skip this gen GPU. Maybe I should have explained why grab a 6650.
Oh ok

That make sense now.
Feb 22, 2006
622 posts
237 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Since when the CPU is more important than the GPU in gaming?
MMO's for sure if you're into large raids, GPU can only handle so much.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1075 posts
2797 upvotes
vonblock wrote: Oh ok

That make sense now.
Yeah, I also have the experience of buying a 6800XT for my previous i7-3770k system. Sure, the 3770k SEVERELY bottlenecked the current 6800XT, but it could be argued when the i7-3770k first launched, it could have been viewed as "overkill" for GPUs at that time. But the i7-3770k allowed me to still game respectably, even playing Cyberpunk2077, and I basically waited until prices got cheap to build my new system (ie: Waited and lucked out through the Amazon Business discounts of 25% off $1000 and the -$200 off $500 discounts)

Same thing with the 5800X3D. Could use this for 5-7 years +, slot in a super overpowered 10800XT or 8090TI or whatever, and at that point the 5800X3D becomes severely underpowered, actually. But it will still allow you to game respectably as you wait for the perfect opportunity to enter the market again to buy the next PC.
Feb 23, 2021
64 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
codex119 wrote: 11900k performed worse than a 10900k and was basically a space heater that ran lava hot
Performed worse in what? I said for gaming, not productivity tasks. You’re uninformed due to all the negative publicity it got for its having two less cores then the previous generation while costing more I believe. If you check gaming benchmarks, you’ll see the 11900k was usually 5-10 fps more than the 10900k with a few exceptions where they were even.

I said it was not going to be a popular suggestion, due to all the misinformation people have about it’s gaming capabilities
Feb 23, 2021
64 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
hystavito wrote: An i7-12700F (no graphics) is also $420 and also comes with Call of Duty, would it be faster than an i9-11900?
https://www.newegg.ca/intel-core-i7-127 ... -_-Product
If you don’t need graphics and the cost for the motherboard isn’t too bad, I’d say 12700f. It could get expensive if you go with ddr5 but you get newer tech. FPS difference in games probably wouldn’t be a dealbreaker but pcie 5.0 and ddr5 is the future
Jun 25, 2022
18 posts
61 upvotes
People are finally realizing just how good the 3D v-cache is after seeing Ryzen 7000 and Raptor lake slightly improve or even undercut the 5800x3d. It was actually at 500 for quite a while 2 months back and no one bought it. Everyone was comparing it to the 5800x which was only 330 (ATL?) and the 5700x which was 270 (ATL) or the 5900x which was 440 (ATL). Happy to see people finally picking it up.
Mar 3, 2018
689 posts
536 upvotes
DealinDirty wrote: Performed worse in what? I said for gaming, not productivity tasks. You’re uninformed due to all the negative publicity it got for its having two less cores then the previous generation while costing more I believe. If you check gaming benchmarks, you’ll see the 11900k was usually 5-10 fps more than the 10900k with a few exceptions where they were even.

I said it was not going to be a popular suggestion, due to all the misinformation people have about it’s gaming capabilities
In many cases it performed nearly the same as a 10900 on gaming.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/inte ... 0k/24.html

https://www.techspot.com/review/2222-in ... i9-11900k/

Given that we’re in an age where a $320 to $390 CPU will match or exceed it while also being far more power efficient, what is the advantage of buying a rocket lake CPU unless your already on something like a Z490 motherboard? Even a 5600 will get close to an 11900 in gaming while only costing $190.

I own a 10850K but I certainly don’t advocate other people buy them new in box for the same price as a Zen 3 or Alder Lake CPU.