Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Arcade1Up - ALL Models $50 off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2020 7:51 am
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1120 posts
347 upvotes
GVR
excellent3 wrote: I've had my eye on the NBA Jam and TMNT cabinets. Didn't think of converting one to do both.

I think i'll still wait for a (slightly) cheaper NBA Jam cabinet though... I love the look + it's going to have online play
i've got some time before my basement remodel anyways.

Thanks!
https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1 ... it-bundle/

According to this, you can convert a 2 player arcade1up cabinet to a 4 player one with a new button control panel
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3236 posts
1612 upvotes
MattK52540 wrote: as soon as they make one for the simpsons arcade game i will buy instantly.
I’m with you on that one. So many memories.

I’m always tempted to pick up a TMNT cabinet. I preordered the special edition Marvel Superheroes cabinet with the custom riser and I love it and so does my son (though, maybe a 3 year old shouldn’t be playing Punisher...but that’s a different story lol).

And when it comes to these cabinets, there’s always two groups of people: the people who think it’s a bit expensive but worth it for the nostalgia, and the ones who think the cabinet costs too much and want to mod the hell out of a cheap cabinet.

I’m in the first group and love the nostalgia aspect and enjoy the fairly decent cabinet and controls (yes, they’re not the best, but they’re definitely good enough in the newer ones) and then have a separate way of emulating on the side so that we don’t have to hack up the cabinets- I for one, have a separate joystick table top system with Pandora and how ever many thousands of games. I like it and it has the games that my cabinet has as well, but it’s not the same feeling as playing Marvel Superheroes on a Marvel Superheroes cabinet. Just as I’d love to be able to play TMNT with my two kids not fighting over one other joystick while I’m playing.
Apr 29, 2016
115 posts
38 upvotes
If I bought the Ninja Turtles cabinet, all I need is a Rasberry Pi upgrade and I can play many other games?
Is there a guide on how to do this somewhere?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
Melkor wrote: I really want to buy a cabinet for my basement remodel, but, until I do that next fall/winter, I have time to hold out. Definitely looking for $400 or less.
Are you handy a bit with tools?
I had no prior experience, but I was able to make one and it look god damn great with a raspberry pi. It's full size, have pretty much all games, final cost was about $800, but totally worth it! There's plenty of guide everywhere online.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 11, 2011
314 posts
214 upvotes
North York
Instead of $50 off, I wish we had the US Walmart deals of $50 for the machine. :(
Jun 25, 2015
238 posts
369 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
I was really into setting up my own cabinet a few years back using Hyperspin. Got all the roms and emulators configured.. all the cool box art and gameplay videos.. only to never actually build a cabinet to contain it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
InvaIid wrote: Are you handy a bit with tools?
I had no prior experience, but I was able to make one and it look god damn great with a raspberry pi. It's full size, have pretty much all games, final cost was about $800, but totally worth it! There's plenty of guide everywhere online.
That's awesome! Would you happen to have a pic? I'd love to see it!
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
I was able to get the marvel machine with the riser for $400+tax at walmart...pulled the trigger.
2 machines in 2 days...I have some building to do
Mar 29, 2019
608 posts
782 upvotes
pesttt wrote: I was able to get the marvel machine with the riser for $400+tax at walmart...pulled the trigger.
2 machines in 2 days...I have some building to do
Which Walmart?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1663 posts
4016 upvotes
Melkor wrote: That's awesome! Would you happen to have a pic? I'd love to see it!
Sure it is not perfect, but being someone who had zero woodworking or electronic knowledge when I started, I am really proud of it!
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
InvaIid wrote: Image
Sure it is not perfect, but being someone who had zero woodworking or electronic knowledge when I started, I am really proud of it!
You should be proud! That looks amazing!!! I think I might look into that! Thanks!
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
the walmart in Laval on highway 13
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2009
6112 posts
7133 upvotes
Whitby
Emulator in a 400 piece of wood. Seems pricey to me. My 0.02.
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
evaaseow wrote: How are you getting the deals??? @pesttt
I use the stock inventory tracker and see which store may be clearing them out.
Some stores usually have 1 unit on hand so I'll buy it there if I can ... OR ... I'll buy it at regular price at one location and then visit the store that has the lower price and they adjust it at customer service.
If they refuse, you can always do the return and rebuy at the store that is clearing them out.
Jun 2, 2006
384 posts
114 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
@InvaIid that looks really good!
I'd like to start modding one first and then build up the courage to take on that project.

I'll wait to catch a pi4 on sale hopefully soon.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
For me, it is either the real machine or it is not. It has to be the original circuit board and arcade frame and joystick and buttons. If it is some knockoff then it isnt real. Might as well just run MAME on your pc and buy an arcade stick and buttons for less.

This thing makes no sense if it is way smaller than the original thing and costs this much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)