Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

ARMOURY Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 5 5600X GeForce RTX 3070 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD 16GB RGB RAM Wi-Fi Windows 10 Home - $2199.00

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4513 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto

[Canada Computers] ARMOURY Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 5 5600X GeForce RTX 3070 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD 16GB RGB RAM Wi-Fi Windows 10 Home - $2199.00

Not bad, another AMD prebuilt with a 3070 similar to the BestBuy one from a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=193531

In stock at multiple locations.

Specs:
Brand Armoury
Computer Type Gaming
Model A-023
Part Number RTARU00023
Processor Model AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Number of Cores 6
Number of Threads 12
Clock Speed 3.7 GHz
Processor Cooling Air cooler
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Graphics Memory 8GB
Standard Memory 16GB RAM RGB
Memory Slot Total 4 (2 available)
SSD WD Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 1TB
WiFi YES
Operating System Windows 10 Home
Power Supply 700W
41 replies
Jan 15, 2017
103 posts
161 upvotes
Just a warning. The case has terrible air flow. I bought the exact prebuild a couple months back but it came with Ryzen 3600. Replaced cpu cooler and added more case fans and it still gets so hot that the computer shuts down. I was playing division 2. If the case is closed it runs for 20 mins. When the case is open it runs for approx 40 - 50 mins before shutting off. Also the cheap gigabyte motherboard didn't help.
Mar 17, 2007
199 posts
111 upvotes
you could do better with a Dell pre-build (granted with lesser OEM parts). I got a 3080/5800/liquid cooled for $2650 after taxes (after 10% discount, 10% rakuten, and $250 off sale)
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1258 posts
890 upvotes
Why the downvotes? What’s wrong with this besides the case? That’s a $100 problem to solve and I’d imagine this beats a Dell

Am I missing something??
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1294 posts
866 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: Why the downvotes? What’s wrong with this besides the case? That’s a $100 problem to solve and I’d imagine this beats a Dell

Am I missing something??
It's built/sold by the shady snake oil salesmen of the computer industry is the biggest issue.
May 14, 2007
218 posts
99 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: It's built/sold by the shady snake oil salesmen of the computer industry is the biggest issue.
If you don’t want to support them, that’s fine. But this is a good deal once you factor in the pricing of all the parts.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1294 posts
866 upvotes
mvpBosh wrote: If you don’t want to support them, that’s fine. But this is a good deal once you factor in the pricing of all the parts.
Until you have a problem and have to deal with them, other than that no problem at all.
Dec 30, 2009
173 posts
132 upvotes
Markham
Fair deal i would say ... I would swap a few items from my old build and its rock solid
Lianli lancool 2 , Noctua D15s, ... and maybe .. just maybe my Seasonic 650FX as well Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Dec 24, 2015
81 posts
156 upvotes
Markham, ON
Bought this build about 2 weeks ago.
CPU as stated
CPU cooler - deepcool heatsink ( not great not terrible but it's RGB! I personally swapped it for a noctua D15s)
GPU - gigabyte gaming oc 3070
Mobo - Asus TUF A520 (kinda meh tbh)
SSD - WD sn550 1tb
case - deepcool macube 310
RAM - g.skill trident RGB 16gb
PSU - deepcool DA700 (700w bronze non modular)
Comes with 2 deepcool 120mm fans and 1 RGB 120mm and a LED light strip
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7010 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
iamsiege wrote: Until you have a problem and have to deal with them, other than that no problem at all.
What problems would you have that you wouldn't deal with the manufacturer of the particular defective part? When you purchase something from Amazon, Bestbuy or any authorized retailer, you would go back to the manufacturer for the warranty period after the return period. Before anyone jump in and say their return policy isn't generous, you need to understand that the vast majority items that they sell have a low markup (in B&M store standard) and it can be abused easily. On top, you are well aware of the policy before purchasing, I wouldn't call them sketchy because of that.

I've been dealing with them for the past 20 years without any issues. In fact, they are one of the few that managed to deliver GPUs in a reasonable time frame (2-4 wks) once you have pre-ordered during the recent GPU craze. Sure, they had some noise around employees holding onto stock and not getting them in customers' hands, but I bet other companies also do it just that they are big enough for you not to notice it.

In general, I don't understand the negativity towards CC. I am sure there are a ton of negative experiences, but there has to be a lot of positive ones to keep them alive for so long and keep on expanding. For me, they have delivered what I want from a computer store - Reasonable price, selection, popular in stock items, recognized dealer by manufacturers for warranty, reasonable return/exchange policy on buyer remorse or DOA. Maybe I have low requirements, or maybe some people are using Costco as a benchmark.

I have supported them all these years by being a regular customer, and I will continue to as long as they aren't doing anything harmful that I am not aware of. Someone can enlighten me if I am missing anything, I am not trying to be bias but sharing my personal point of view.

This is overall a decent deal if someone need a new computer with a RTX.
Jan 8, 2009
148 posts
83 upvotes
Richmond
cy wrote: What problems would you have that you wouldn't deal with the manufacturer of the particular defective part? When you purchase something from Amazon, Bestbuy or any authorized retailer, you would go back to the manufacturer for the warranty period after the return period. Before anyone jump in and say their return policy isn't generous, you need to understand that the vast majority items that they sell have a low markup (in B&M store standard) and it can be abused easily. On top, you are well aware of the policy before purchasing, I wouldn't call them sketchy because of that.

I've been dealing with them for the past 20 years without any issues. In fact, they are one of the few that managed to deliver GPUs in a reasonable time frame (2-4 wks) once you have pre-ordered during the recent GPU craze. Sure, they had some noise around employees holding onto stock and not getting them in customers' hands, but I bet other companies also do it just that they are big enough for you not to notice it.

In general, I don't understand the negativity towards CC. I am sure there are a ton of negative experiences, but there has to be a lot of positive ones to keep them alive for so long and keep on expanding. For me, they have delivered what I want from a computer store - Reasonable price, selection, popular in stock items, recognized dealer by manufacturers for warranty, reasonable return/exchange policy on buyer remorse or DOA. Maybe I have low requirements, or maybe some people are using Costco as a benchmark.

I have supported them all these years by being a regular customer, and I will continue to as long as they aren't doing anything harmful that I am not aware of. Someone can enlighten me if I am missing anything, I am not trying to be bias but sharing my personal point of view.

This is overall a decent deal if someone need a new computer with a RTX.
I am glad some people have had good experience with CC. Like yourself, I used to have good experience with them until recently. They have really slipped in terms of customer service lately. I bought a Ryzen 3 CPU back in February, it died within 2 days and they blamed me for misuse. I have built boxes for years and I know what I am doing and they made me send it back to AMD to RMA it. They simply refuse to take it back due to "pandemic policy". Even talked to the manager and he did not give two Pile Of PooPile Of Poo about it. Then I had a Nvidia 3060Ti pre-ordered in December, they then decided to cancel my order stating they cannot fulfill the order and yet the very next week, I saw it posted for a short period of them to be in-stock at a higher price than when I ordered. Called in again and they said it was a software glitch same model and same card and they are unable to fulfill any 3060Ti cards although I have ordered it and paid for it already. They just issued a refund and called it a day. So buyer beware of the company you are dealing with. I am not spending another dime at CC anymore.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7010 posts
3030 upvotes
GTA
flashx wrote: I am glad some people have had good experience with CC. Like yourself, I used to have good experience with them until recently. They have really slipped in terms of customer service lately. I bought a Ryzen 3 CPU back in February, it died within 2 days and they blamed me for misuse. I have built boxes for years and I know what I am doing and they made me send it back to AMD to RMA it. They simply refuse to take it back due to "pandemic policy". Even talked to the manager and he did not two Pile Of PooPile Of Poo about it. Then I had a Nvidia 3060Ti pre-ordered in December, they then decided to cancel my order stating they cannot fulfill the order and yet the very next week, I saw it posted for a short period of them to be in-stock at a higher price than when I ordered. Called in again and they said it was a software glitch and they are unable to fulfill any 3060Ti cards although I have ordered it. So buyer beware of the company you are dealing with. I am not spending another dime at CC anymore.
That's fair and sorry to hear! I probably would be as upset if they did this to me. Fingers crossed that this is a one off and hopefully they'll eventually step up their customer service to stay competitive in this market.

For the GPU, I am sure they did it on purpose. They still do it now but with the disclaimer to say that they will charge the price when the GPU becomes in stock. That gives them a legitimate reason to raise the price. On the receipt on one of my card, it literally say "was $899, now $999" or something along the line. They are taking advantage of the shortage (understandably so as a business). It didn't bother me as much as since I can justify it, but I don't think there's a single person enjoys getting gouged.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I bought an Armoury pre-built from Canada Computers a couple of months ago, and so far I'm very happy with it. It's built with all brand name off the shelf components, a good motherboard which is rare in a pre-built these days (Asus B550 Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi) and the graphics card was a Gigabyte RTX3070 Gaming OC. They didn't cheap out on any of the parts, except perhaps the PSU, which is only a bronze model, and the DeepCool Macube 550 case, while it is a very well built and overall good quality case, the design for airflow is not great. I'm still getting very good thermals, but I had to add 3 intake fans though.

The PC was also pretty well assembled, despite a weird fan configuration which I had to change, but everything was well put together and cable management was good.

It was a little pricey, but not that bad compared to other OEM or SI pre-builts with low end components and proprietary parts.

I also bought case fans, an MSI 1440p monitor, a Corsair mouse and a HyperX Alloy Elite 2 keyboard (that thing is awesome) from them. Prices were in line or better than other outlets, including Amazon or Newegg.

Everything is working fine and I haven't had to deal with their customer service, so I can't speak to that, but other than that the ordering process with curbside pick-up, the product selection and the prices, can't really complain, I had a good experience.

I looked at Memory Express every single time before ordering from Canada Computers, and they didn't offer anything better or cheaper, and I have two CC stores within 10km from my house.

As long as they continue to be competitive on price and offer a good selection, I don't mind supporting them. I prefer them to foreign companies like Dell, HP, Amazon, Newegg or other System Integrators based out of the US.
Last edited by Niklasky on Jun 1st, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mephod wrote: The ASUS G15 lineup is superior in nearly every way
Isn't the Asus G15 a laptop though ?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
1400 posts
765 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ok, if that's the one he's talking about, I'm not so sure it's superior in every way. People in that thread seem to say that the components aren't top notch, including the PSU and the CPU heat sink. Plus you also need to add case fans.

I think the Armoury model in OP is not bad at all compared to this ROG Strix. And why the hell do they call the PC "Strix" and not even include their Strix model graphics card...
Jan 1, 2008
521 posts
171 upvotes
Brossard
Niklasky wrote: I think the Armoury model in OP is not bad at all compared to this ROG Strix. And why the hell do they call the PC "Strix" and not even include their Strix model graphics card...
Probably for the same reason that Mercedes sells ''AMG'' cars without AMG engines in them... Cause people pay more for a name
Aug 30, 2019
11 posts
34 upvotes
Luyuan20 wrote: Why the downvotes? What’s wrong with this besides the case? That’s a $100 problem to solve and I’d imagine this beats a Dell

Am I missing something??
I didn't downvote, but CC has developed a series of problems that has tarnished their reputation in my heart.

I use to have great experiences with CC however their recent service quality dipped below what I can handle.
  1. They no longer honor price matches.
  2. 90% of what they sell are now "Final Sale" or cannot be returned due to pandemic.
  3. Stock request from other locations are now either rejected, or will take "weeks" to discourage you from making such a request.
  4. Bundling GPUs exclusively with pre-built systems. Leaving Zero in stock for retail. (Leaving 30 Series GPU OOS for weeks will not make me want your prebuilts more. Sample size of one but I've built 2 PCs this year and did not go to anywhere near CC because of this alone.)
These are some of my issues with them. Some of them it is not there fault. But it definitely caused me to no longer go to CC for most of my hardware needs. Nothing against them, it's just that better services are available elsewhere.
Dec 16, 2013
108 posts
87 upvotes
Jafaking wrote: Just a warning. The case has terrible air flow. I bought the exact prebuild a couple months back but it came with Ryzen 3600. Replaced cpu cooler and added more case fans and it still gets so hot that the computer shuts down. I was playing division 2. If the case is closed it runs for 20 mins. When the case is open it runs for approx 40 - 50 mins before shutting off. Also the cheap gigabyte motherboard didn't help.
This actually doesn't sound like a case problem. I'm not saying the components aren't subpar, I'm just hoping to help you diagnose what the actual problem is. I say its not the case's airflow problem because you mentioned that even with an open case, which I assume means that at least one side panel is not attached to the computer, it still shuts down due to overheating. When one side panel is not attached, the fans are able to draw as much ambient air as it can (unless you're using some sort of crazy industrial fan setup to force air). This actually sounds like it could be a thermal paste issue. You also mentioned that you replaced the cpu cooler. Perhaps there are some air pockets, not enough paste, or too much paste when you replaced it? Just my guess. If the fans are running at full speed it could also be the heatsink/pipes being defective though this is the most unlikely scenario. If you can determine which component is overheating that would help you narrow down the culprit since it might not be the cpu that is overheating. If its the gpu that is overheating then I would try to get an RMA or some sort of refund for it because I wouldn't try to re-apply thermal paste on a new card that I don't plan to upgrade its cooling system. Hope this helps or that you already figured out the culprit.
Jan 15, 2017
103 posts
161 upvotes
Nuckles wrote:
This actually doesn't sound like a case problem. I'm not saying the components aren't subpar, I'm just hoping to help you diagnose what the actual problem is. I say its not the case's airflow problem because you mentioned that even with an open case, which I assume means that at least one side panel is not attached to the computer, it still shuts down due to overheating. When one side panel is not attached, the computer is able to draw as much ambient air as it can (unless you're using some sort of crazy industrial fan setup to force air). This actually sounds like it could be a thermal paste issue. You also mentioned that you replaced the cpu cooler. Perhaps there are some air pockets, not enough paste, or too much paste when you replaced it? Just my guess. If you can determine which component is overheating that would help you narrow down the culprit since it might not be the cpu that is overheating. Hope this helps or that you already figured out the culprit.
I've returned it since. I had it for a week and a half trying to diagnose the problem nothing helped. It was the cpu and gpu that were overheating as I watched the temps climb up using msi afterburner. Nothing was overoclocked and I even undervolt the ryzen 3600 but didn't help. I redid the thermal paste a few times even putting back the cooler it came with. Updated all drivers, firmwares and bios. Most likely it may be the gigabyte b450m ds3h V2 motherboard. The case still has terrible Airflow if you read the reviews about it. I returned it to CC. They tried telling me there's nothing wrong with it by just sitting on home screen but I dared them to do a stress test but they didn't and gave me my refund since there were no prebuilt in stock. I built a similar desktop with the ryzen 3600 and have zero problems so yeah I probably got a lemon?