Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

ARMOURY Gaming PC AMD Ryzen 5 5600X GeForce RTX 3070 1TB WD Blue NVMe SSD 16GB RGB RAM Wi-Fi Windows 10 Home - $2199.00

Dec 16, 2013
118 posts
90 upvotes
Jafaking wrote: I've returned it since. I had it for a week and a half trying to diagnose the problem nothing helped. It was the cpu and gpu that were overheating as I watched the temps climb up using msi afterburner. Nothing was overoclocked and I even undervolt the ryzen 3600 but didn't help. I redid the thermal paste a few times even putting back the cooler it came with. Updated all drivers, firmwares and bios. Most likely it may be the gigabyte b450m ds3h V2 motherboard. The case still has terrible Airflow if you read the reviews about it. I returned it to CC. They tried telling me there's nothing wrong with it by just sitting on home screen but I dared them to do a stress test but they didn't and gave me my refund since there were no prebuilt in stock. I built a similar desktop with the ryzen 3600 and have zero problems so yeah I probably got a lemon?
Good thing you got a refund, sounded like a real pain in the ass to troubleshoot. Nice job on daring them to do a stress test lol.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
iamsiege wrote:
It's built/sold by the shady snake oil salesmen of the computer industry is the biggest issue.
mvpBosh wrote:
If you don’t want to support them, that’s fine. But this is a good deal once you factor in the pricing of all the parts.
iamsiege wrote:
Until you have a problem and have to deal with them, other than that no problem at all.
Fnatic wrote: Bought this build about 2 weeks ago.
CPU as stated
CPU cooler - deepcool heatsink ( not great not terrible but it's RGB! I personally swapped it for a noctua D15s)
GPU - gigabyte gaming oc 3070
Mobo - Asus TUF A520 (kinda meh tbh)
SSD - WD sn550 1tb
case - deepcool macube 310
RAM - g.skill trident RGB 16gb
PSU - deepcool DA700 (700w bronze non modular)
Comes with 2 deepcool 120mm fans and 1 RGB 120mm and a LED light strip
cy wrote:
What problems would you have that you wouldn't deal with the manufacturer of the particular defective part? When you purchase something from Amazon, Bestbuy or any authorized retailer, you would go back to the manufacturer for the warranty period after the return period. Before anyone jump in and say their return policy isn't generous, you need to understand that the vast majority items that they sell have a low markup (in B&M store standard) and it can be abused easily. On top, you are well aware of the policy before purchasing, I wouldn't call them sketchy because of that.

I've been dealing with them for the past 20 years without any issues. In fact, they are one of the few that managed to deliver GPUs in a reasonable time frame (2-4 wks) once you have pre-ordered during the recent GPU craze. Sure, they had some noise around employees holding onto stock and not getting them in customers' hands, but I bet other companies also do it just that they are big enough for you not to notice it.

In general, I don't understand the negativity towards CC. I am sure there are a ton of negative experiences, but there has to be a lot of positive ones to keep them alive for so long and keep on expanding. For me, they have delivered what I want from a computer store - Reasonable price, selection, popular in stock items, recognized dealer by manufacturers for warranty, reasonable return/exchange policy on buyer remorse or DOA. Maybe I have low requirements, or maybe some people are using Costco as a benchmark.

I have supported them all these years by being a regular customer, and I will continue to as long as they aren't doing anything harmful that I am not aware of. Someone can enlighten me if I am missing anything, I am not trying to be bias but sharing my personal point of view.

This is overall a decent deal if someone need a new computer with a RTX.
flashx wrote:
I am glad some people have had good experience with CC. Like yourself, I used to have good experience with them until recently. They have really slipped in terms of customer service lately. I bought a Ryzen 3 CPU back in February, it died within 2 days and they blamed me for misuse. I have built boxes for years and I know what I am doing and they made me send it back to AMD to RMA it. They simply refuse to take it back due to "pandemic policy". Even talked to the manager and he did not give two Pile Of PooPile Of Poo about it. Then I had a Nvidia 3060Ti pre-ordered in December, they then decided to cancel my order stating they cannot fulfill the order and yet the very next week, I saw it posted for a short period of them to be in-stock at a higher price than when I ordered. Called in again and they said it was a software glitch same model and same card and they are unable to fulfill any 3060Ti cards although I have ordered it and paid for it already. They just issued a refund and called it a day. So buyer beware of the company you are dealing with. I am not spending another dime at CC anymore.
Niklasky wrote: I bought an Armoury pre-built from Canada Computers a couple of months ago, and so far I'm very happy with it. It's built with all brand name off the shelf components, a good motherboard which is rare in a pre-built these days (Asus B550 Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi) and the graphics card was a Gigabyte RTX3070 Gaming OC. They didn't cheap out on any of the parts, except perhaps the PSU, which is only a bronze model, and the DeepCool Macube 550 case, while it is a very well built and overall good quality case, the design for airflow is not great. I'm still getting very good thermals, but I had to add 3 intake fans though.

The PC was also pretty well assembled, despite a weird fan configuration which I had to change, but everything was well put together and cable management was good.

It was a little pricey, but not that bad compared to other OEM or SI pre-builts with low end components and proprietary parts.

I also bought case fans, an MSI 1440p monitor, a Corsair mouse and a HyperX Alloy Elite 2 keyboard (that thing is awesome) from them. Prices were in line or better than other outlets, including Amazon or Newegg.

Everything is working fine and I haven't had to deal with their customer service, so I can't speak to that, but other than that the ordering process with curbside pick-up, the product selection and the prices, can't really complain, I had a good experience.

I looked at Memory Express every single time before ordering from Canada Computers, and they didn't offer anything better or cheaper, and I have two CC stores within 10km from my house.

As long as they continue to be competitive on price and offer a good selection, I don't mind supporting them. I prefer them to foreign companies like Dell, HP, Amazon, Newegg or other System Integrators based out of the US.
canadarm2008 wrote:
I didn't downvote, but CC has developed a series of problems that has tarnished their reputation in my heart.

I use to have great experiences with CC however their recent service quality dipped below what I can handle.
  1. They no longer honor price matches.
  2. 90% of what they sell are now "Final Sale" or cannot be returned due to pandemic.
  3. Stock request from other locations are now either rejected, or will take "weeks" to discourage you from making such a request.
  4. Bundling GPUs exclusively with pre-built systems. Leaving Zero in stock for retail. (Leaving 30 Series GPU OOS for weeks will not make me want your prebuilts more. Sample size of one but I've built 2 PCs this year and did not go to anywhere near CC because of this alone.)
These are some of my issues with them. Some of them it is not there fault. But it definitely caused me to no longer go to CC for most of my hardware needs. Nothing against them, it's just that better services are available elsewhere.

Hmm, my spouse has been talking on the phone with CC about a 'custom build' gaming PC. In addition to the parts costs, they are proposing to assemble the gaming PC for an additional $100, and adding Windows 10 for $60.

If we decide to purchase from CC (or elsewhere), are there specific things we need to be concerned about in custom building a gaming PC:

#1 hidden fees
#2 customer service/warranty issues after sale
#3 any other advice for a newbie

Just waiting for quote via email, so no idea on final cost yet. lol

Since many are quite vocal about Canada Computers going downhill, not sure if anyone has other recommendations for a one-stop shop in GTA ... as there doesn't seem to be a ton of options?

Thanks!
Aug 30, 2019
15 posts
39 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Just waiting for quote via email, so no idea on final cost yet. lol

Since many are quite vocal about Canada Computers going downhill, not sure if anyone has other recommendations for a one-stop shop in GTA ... as there doesn't seem to be a ton of options?
You are spot on, they are kind of getting away with it because they are in fact the only "one stop" shop. Almost all other options will involve some amount of work on your part. Nevertheless. there's still many good people at CC That's more than willing to help you out, especially given there several stores to choose from in the GTA.

If you want to take a more diy route, amazon, memory express, vugoo and pc-canada are all not bad. If you can get yourself south of the border, microcenter is amazing.

I wish you luck.

Oh yea, if you're going with a CC prebuilt, be sure to remove any extended warranty. They use some werid pro rated depreciation model, which pay out very little when you are likely to make a claim. Cable management fees can usually be waived or reduced for simple builds with few cables.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
canadarm2008 wrote: You are spot on, they are kind of getting away with it because they are in fact the only "one stop" shop. Almost all other options will involve some amount of work on your part. Nevertheless. there's still many good people at CC That's more than willing to help you out, especially given there several stores to choose from in the GTA.

If you want to take a more diy route, amazon, memory express, vugoo and pc-canada are all not bad. If you can get yourself south of the border, microcenter is amazing.

I wish you luck.

Oh yea, if you're going with a CC prebuilt, be sure to remove any extended warranty. They use some werid pro rated depreciation model, which pay out very little when you are likely to make a claim. Cable management fees can usually be waived or reduced for simple builds with few cables.

Thanks for your feedback @canadarm2008! It looks like quote did not mention any extended warranty, so that's good news. The rest of the quote is gibberish to me so just passing on questions below from spouse! lol

Ok, looking to assemble a good AMD gaming build:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Here's what Canada Computers has recommended below.

#1 Components:

a) GIGABYTE B550M Motherboard

b) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 GPU

c) 16 GB Memory; 250 GB NVME

d) WD Blue 3D NAND SATAIII SSD,1TB SSD storage

e) InWin P Series P75 750 Watt 80+ Gold, Power Supply

f) FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case

g) Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler + Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan

#2 Add-ons:

All In One Desktop Setup
MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64-Bit English OEM DVD + Operating System Installation Addon (Windows 10) to System Build

Any thoughts on the specific components listed in #1 a) to g) with desktop setup + Microsoft Win 10 Add On

Or, do you/anyone else have other suggestions/recommendations?

Also, not sure how this compares to the CC Armoury Gaming PC listed in the OP ... thanks @chadw01 for posting!

Thanks!
Oct 15, 2017
4 posts
27 upvotes
I bought this system when it came with a Ryzen 3700. The problem that was causing shutdowns (as if someone was yanking the power cord) was the cheap Deepcool power supply. Replaced with an EVGA and no more shutdowns afterwards.
Jul 5, 2015
117 posts
84 upvotes
Brampton, ON
How u got 10%
I am also trying to buy from dell. Looking for some coupon or discount code

efrivela wrote: you could do better with a Dell pre-build (granted with lesser OEM parts). I got a 3080/5800/liquid cooled for $2650 after taxes (after 10% discount, 10% rakuten, and $250 off sale)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: Thanks for your feedback @canadarm2008! It looks like quote did not mention any extended warranty, so that's good news. The rest of the quote is gibberish to me so just passing on questions below from spouse! lol

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

#1 Components:

g) Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler + Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan

#2 Add-ons:

All In One Desktop Setup
MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64-Bit English OEM DVD + Operating System Installation Addon (Windows 10) to System Build

Any thoughts on the specific components listed in #1 a) to g) with desktop setup + Microsoft Win 10 Add On

Also, not sure how this compares to the CC Armoury Gaming PC listed in the OP ... thanks @chadw01 for posting!

Thanks!
The Mobo is being listed as a B550M which means it's an mATX and the case is ATX. That in of itself is fine but if they don't provide you one with built in WiFi (some of them do) and you need WiFi, you're gonna need to either give up your last PCIe slot or use an external one. Most people don't use a ton of PCIe slots but it would be frustrating to not have any available if you need one. Asking for an ATX mobo would also alleviate that concern as well. Hard to say because I don't know the exact board they're listing.

I would personally get a larger NVMe over getting a small one and a SATA drive. You're gonna end up overpaying for a 250GB NVMe and they tend to perform more poorly than 1TB ones anyways.

Kinda odd that they offered you an LED fan to go with a build that is very not RGB heavy. Personally my OCD would get the best of me there and I would buy the Fractal X2 GP-12, just to match the other 2 that are already in there, but those are $18 and the fan he listed was $6 lol. If you don't want the RGB, they can probably recommend something cheaper though I don't know if it'll be ask quiet. Also ask them to install the extra fan as an intake in the front, this will help reduce the amount of dust entering your system.

Overall, it looks comparable to the Armoury build but you're likely getting better components than what will be included in the Armoury. Especially a better quality case which can impact temperatures and overall system performance. You're getting far fewer RGB with this particular build, if that's what you're into, you can swap some of the basic components for RGB ones, but if you want something clean and less flashy, that's a gorgeous case IMO, especially if you get it in white.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2566 posts
1752 upvotes
Niklasky wrote: Ok, if that's the one he's talking about, I'm not so sure it's superior in every way. People in that thread seem to say that the components aren't top notch, including the PSU and the CPU heat sink. Plus you also need to add case fans.

I think the Armoury model in OP is not bad at all compared to this ROG Strix. And why the hell do they call the PC "Strix" and not even include their Strix model graphics card...
The ASUS originally came with a 5800X for the same price. (2199), but they've since increased the price to 2399.99

You get a crap CPU cooler with a 90m fan.
Single 80/90 fan in the rear and no additional fan slots despite mesh front and top panel.s
The GPU temps are decent, but could be alot better if ASUS allowed for front intake fans.

The PSU is a Greatwall 700W and motherboard is a B550.

Both builds are crap(for the price), but I would have chosen the ASUS over this one at the same price.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2525 posts
1772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mzmoney wrote: Thanks for your feedback @canadarm2008! It looks like quote did not mention any extended warranty, so that's good news. The rest of the quote is gibberish to me so just passing on questions below from spouse! lol

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

#1 Components:

#2 Add-ons:

All In One Desktop Setup

Thanks!
Not too bad. How much are they quoting you for this build ?

I would change the motherboard for a full ATX one, like a B550 with wifi. I would also change to a 1Tb nvme SSD. Finally, don't forget to make sure that the memory is dual channel 16Gb (2x8Gb sticks). All this shouldn't affect the price too much.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
Jep4444 wrote:
The Mobo is being listed as a B550M which means it's an mATX and the case is ATX. That in of itself is fine but if they don't provide you one with built in WiFi (some of them do) and you need WiFi, you're gonna need to either give up your last PCIe slot or use an external one. Most people don't use a ton of PCIe slots but it would be frustrating to not have any available if you need one. Asking for an ATX mobo would also alleviate that concern as well. Hard to say because I don't know the exact board they're listing.

Ok, it's: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core/12-Thread 7nm ZEN 3 Processor | Socket AM4 3.7GHz base, 4.6GHz boost, 65W Wraith Stealth Cooler 100-100000065BOX

+ Mobo
GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO-P (rev. 1.0), AMD AM4 B550, DDR4, Dual channel, PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot, Dual PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with One Thermal Guard, 2.5GbE LAN (B550M AORUS PRO-P)

Thoughts on above? Remember this is all greek to me ... passing on info!

I would personally get a larger NVMe over getting a small one and a SATA drive. You're gonna end up overpaying for a 250GB NVMe and they tend to perform more poorly than 1TB ones anyways.

KINGSTON A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 Read: 2000MB/s; Write: 1100MB/s Solid State Drive (SA2000M8/250G)

Anything specific you recommend?

Kinda odd that they offered you an LED fan to go with a build that is very not RGB heavy. Personally my OCD would get the best of me there and I would buy the Fractal X2 GP-12, just to match the other 2 that are already in there, but those are $18 and the fan he listed was $6 lol. If you don't want the RGB, they can probably recommend something cheaper though I don't know if it'll be ask quiet. Also ask them to install the extra fan as an intake in the front, this will help reduce the amount of dust entering your system.

Fractal X2 GP-12 for $18 you are recommending vs this one they recommended for $6:

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, Silencio FP120 Fan, 4 CDC 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151

Overall, it looks comparable to the Armoury build but you're likely getting better components than what will be included in the Armoury. Especially a better quality case which can impact temperatures and overall system performance. You're getting far fewer RGB with this particular build, if that's what you're into, you can swap some of the basic components for RGB ones, but if you want something clean and less flashy, that's a gorgeous case IMO, especially if you get it in white.
Ok, so this case is good as listed?

Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan with build-in white LED

Niklasky wrote: Not too bad. How much are they quoting you for this build ?

$2,500ish + tax (however, price could change by the time we say yes?!)

I would change the motherboard for a full ATX one, like a B550 with wifi. I would also change to a 1Tb nvme SSD. Finally, don't forget to make sure that the memory is dual channel 16Gb (2x8Gb sticks). All this shouldn't affect the price too much.
so instead of: GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO-P (rev. 1.0), AMD AM4 B550, DDR4, Dual channel, PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot, Dual PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with One Thermal Guard, 2.5GbE LAN (B550M AORUS PRO-P)

Is there a specific one you would recommend? And with new one, you said, "make sure that the memory is dual channel 16Gb (2x8Gb sticks)".

And

KINGSTON A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 Read: 2000MB/s; Write: 1100MB/s Solid State Drive (SA2000M8/250G)

Thank you so much @Jep4444 and @Niklasky for your help, it's greatly appreciated!!

p.s. if you need me to post additional specs/details, for you/anyone else to chime in, just let me know.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: Ok, so this case is good as listed?

so instead of: GIGABYTE B550M AORUS PRO-P (rev. 1.0), AMD AM4 B550, DDR4, Dual channel, PCIe 4.0 x16 Slot, Dual PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with One Thermal Guard, 2.5GbE LAN (B550M AORUS PRO-P)

Is there a specific one you would recommend? And with new one, you said, "make sure that the memory is dual channel 16Gb (2x8Gb sticks)".

And

Thank you so much @Jep4444 and @Niklasky for your help, it's greatly appreciated!!

p.s. if you need me to post additional specs/details, for you/anyone else to chime in, just let me know.
Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan with build-in white LED is a fan, the case is FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case. Personally I think that fan with that case will look stupid but that's just my opinion.

The thing listed about dual channel is motherboard support for dual channel. The RAM still needs to be dual channel. Also that motherboard does not have WiFi so this system won't have WiFi as is and you're gonna run into the situation I listed in my first post if you intend to use WiFi.

Like I said, get a higher capacity SSD. That drive is fine but will perform poorly at that capacity. The 1TB Western Digital SN550 is $90 more so you'd be spending $140 on a 1TB NVMe instead of $175 on a 250GB NVMe and 1TB SATA. You do lose 250GB but the performance will be somewhat better, if you don't need the extra storage.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2525 posts
1772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mzmoney wrote: Ok, so this case is good as listed?

And

$2,500ish, is that with the windows 10 licence and assembly?

It's a little on the high side. I got one of their custom pre-builts with a Ryzen 7 5800x for that price a couple of months ago, and that was with a ATX B550 plus wifi motherboard and 1Tb NVMe SSD. But prices are high in the current market, so...

For the SSD, the WD SN550 blue or black 1Tb NVMe M.2 are pretty good and reasonably priced. Both faster than the one you mentioned.

For the motherboard, any standard ATX motherboard will do, as long as it's new gen like those: B550 is fine, X570 is better but more expensive and maybe not necessary for you.

RAM sticks pick something that is minimum 3200Mhz, two sticks vs one for dual channel, Kingston HyperX Fury is good value, but any other brand like Corsair or Crucial will do.

Don't forget you'll also have to buy a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse, so factor that into your budget. The RTX 3070 is best paired with a 1440p 144Hz monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
Jep4444 wrote: Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan with build-in white LED is a fan, the case is FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case. Personally I think that fan with that case will look stupid but that's just my opinion.

The thing listed about dual channel is motherboard support for dual channel. The RAM still needs to be dual channel. Also that motherboard does not have WiFi so this system won't have WiFi as is and you're gonna run into the situation I listed in my first post if you intend to use WiFi.

Like I said, get a higher capacity SSD. That drive is fine but will perform poorly at that capacity. The 1TB Western Digital SN550 is $90 more so you'd be spending $140 on a 1TB NVMe instead of $175 on a 250GB NVMe and 1TB SATA. You do lose 250GB but the performance will be somewhat better, if you don't need the extra storage.

#1 Revisit the Motherboard - dual channel, wifi

"... dual channel is motherboard support for dual channel. The RAM still needs to be dual channel. Also that motherboard does not have WiFi so this system won't have WiFi as is and you're gonna run into the situation I listed in my first post if you intend to use WiFi."

Oops, yes the case recommended by CC is:

FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C TG Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG)

#2 Are you saying the case recommended is fine, however, it goes better with

this fan you recommended: Fractal X2 GP-12 for $18

- and ask CC to "install the extra fan as an intake in the front, this will help reduce the amount of dust entering your system"?

#3 higher capacity SSD

"The 1TB Western Digital SN550 is $90 more so you'd be spending $140 on a 1TB NVMe instead of $175 on a 250GB NVMe and 1TB SATA. You do lose 250GB but the performance will be somewhat better, if you don't need the extra storage."

Is this what you are recommending: 1TB Western Digital SN550

instead of this

Looking at the original quote is making me bleary-eyed and confused!

#4 Any feedback on this or other recommendations:

- ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 OC 8GB GDDR6 | 14 Gbps | PCI-E 4.0, 2x HDMI, 3x DP TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING

Sorry, I know I'm mixing up everything. Spouse is not home and I should probably wait before replying ... or it might have been better for me to just post all specs in my 1st post.

I really appreciate the help ... thanks again!!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2014
2525 posts
1772 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mzmoney wrote: #1 Revisit the Motherboard - dual channel, wifi

"... dual channel is motherboard support for dual channel. The RAM still needs to be dual channel. Also that motherboard does not have WiFi so this system won't have WiFi as is and you're gonna run into the situation I listed in my first post if you intend to use WiFi."

FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C TG Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG)

- and ask CC to "install the extra fan as an intake in the front, this will help reduce the amount of dust entering your system"?

#3 higher capacity SSD

"The 1TB Western Digital SN550 is $90 more so you'd be spending $140 on a 1TB NVMe instead of $175 on a 250GB NVMe and 1TB SATA. You do lose 250GB but the performance will be somewhat better, if you don't need the extra storage."

instead of this

- ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 OC 8GB GDDR6 | 14 Gbps | PCI-E 4.0, 2x HDMI, 3x DP TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING

Sorry, I know I'm mixing up everything. Spouse is not home and I should probably wait before replying ... or it might have been better for me to just post all specs in my 1st post.

Yeah, the WD SN550 blue 1Tb is great, you can go for faster, but I doubt you'll notice the difference.

The case is good.

RAM has to be dual channel, which means that if you want 16GB, it has to be 2 sticks of 8Gb. But people at CC know that, they'd be really scummy if they specced single channel RAM.

The Asus graphics card is fine. It's their run of the mill RTX3070 with 3 fan configuration, slightly overclocked. Do they even give you a choice of brands ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
Niklasky wrote: $2,500ish, is that with the windows 10 licence and assembly?

It's a little on the high side. I got one of their custom pre-builts with a Ryzen 7 5800x for that price a couple of months ago, and that was with a ATX B550 plus wifi motherboard and 1Tb NVMe SSD. But prices are high in the current market, so...

For the SSD, the WD SN550 blue or black 1Tb NVMe M.2 are pretty good and reasonably priced. Both faster than the one you mentioned.

For the motherboard, any standard ATX motherboard will do, as long as it's new gen like those: B550 is fine, X570 is better but more expensive and maybe not necessary for you.

RAM sticks pick something that is minimum 3200Mhz, two sticks vs one for dual channel, Kingston HyperX Fury is good value, but any other brand like Corsair or Crucial will do.

Don't forget you'll also have to buy a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse, so factor that into your budget. The RTX 3070 is best paired with a 1440p 144Hz monitor.
Ok, @Niklasky, I will try to respond to your post too, given that spouse is not home, and hopefully I don't get even more confused! lol

$2,500 + tax = $2,800 ish total (time sensitive lol); yes that includes $160? Win 10 License + $60 Win 10 installation + $100 all in one desktop setup

So, you got:

#1 Ryzen 7 5800x for that price a couple of months ago, and that was with a ATX B550 plus wifi motherboard and 1Tb NVMe SSD

- all at CC ... hmm, may be we should just ask for your #1 and see what they come back with?

#2 SSD - ask for the WD SN550 blue or black 1Tb NVMe M.2

#3 For the motherboard, any standard ATX motherboard will do, as long as it's new gen like those: B550 is fine, X570 is better but more expensive and maybe not necessary for you.

- with wifi

- spouse may want this gaming PC to work also as a golf simulator; not sure if that makes a difference?

#4 RAM sticks pick something that is minimum 3200Mhz, two sticks vs one for dual channel, Kingston HyperX Fury is good value, but any other brand like Corsair or Crucial will do

#5 Don't forget you'll also have to buy a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse, so factor that into your budget. The RTX 3070 is best paired with a 1440p 144Hz monitor

hmm, not sure if we got that far in researching #4! lol

Ok may as well post other specs since you @Niklasky and @Jep4444 have been so helpful and I am lost!

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

- FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C TG Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG)

- InWin P Series P75, 750 Watt 80+ Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply

Any additional thoughts on above?

Now that I have a headache, I better stop posting. Spouse has more technical knowledge than me (altho this is a first build) so additional feedback from ones with more experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks @Niklasky!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: #1 Revisit the Motherboard - dual channel, wifi

#3 higher capacity SSD

instead of this

#1 The motherboard doesn't need WiFi but if you get mATX and add a WiFi card, you won't be able to add any more cards.

#2 I only recommend that fan because it's identical to the ones that come with the case and my OCD would make me buy it. That said the current fan is a bright white LED in a system that doesn't have any LEDs anywhere else. If you don't care about an exact match, just ask for a fan thats plain black or something. Though if you care about noise, the one I listed is pretty quiet, I have a few of them in my case.

#3 Ya the WD Blue SN550 is a nice entry level NVMe. Anything faster is overkill unless you work with massive files. There was another WD Blue 3D NAND listed as well. Given the price and performance, I think it makes sense just to grab the one drive instead of both but like I said, you do lose some storage capacity.

#4 Lol that's the exact video card my friend got in his. He's only picking it up today though so I'm not sure if it's any good. Reviews look fine but I didn't research it much.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: Ok, @Niklasky, I will try to respond to your post too, given that spouse is not home, and hopefully I don't get even more confused! lol

$2,500 + tax = $2,800 ish total (time sensitive lol); yes that includes $160? Win 10 License + $60 Win 10 installation + $100 all in one desktop setup

So, you got:

#1 Ryzen 7 5800x for that price a couple of months ago, and that was with a ATX B550 plus wifi motherboard and 1Tb NVMe SSD

- all at CC ... hmm, may be we should just ask for your #1 and see what they come back with?

#2 SSD - ask for the WD SN550 blue or black 1Tb NVMe M.2

#3 For the motherboard, any standard ATX motherboard will do, as long as it's new gen like those: B550 is fine, X570 is better but more expensive and maybe not necessary for you.

- with wifi

- spouse may want this gaming PC to work also as a golf simulator; not sure if that makes a difference?

#4 RAM sticks pick something that is minimum 3200Mhz, two sticks vs one for dual channel, Kingston HyperX Fury is good value, but any other brand like Corsair or Crucial will do

#5 Don't forget you'll also have to buy a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse, so factor that into your budget. The RTX 3070 is best paired with a 1440p 144Hz monitor

hmm, not sure if we got that far in researching #4! lol

Ok may as well post other specs since you @Niklasky and @Jep4444 have been so helpful and I am lost!

- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

- FRACTAL DESIGN Meshify C TG Dark Tint Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-BKO-TG)

- InWin P Series P75, 750 Watt 80+ Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply

Any additional thoughts on above?

Now that I have a headache, I better stop posting. Spouse has more technical knowledge than me (altho this is a first build) so additional feedback from ones with more experience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks @Niklasky!!
Just took a look at this. The RAM is dual channel and is the same basic RAM I have in my system (except I got it in 32GB and white).

That version of the case has a tinted window so it's harder to see inside: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=111601
There is also a version with a clearer window: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=119754
And a white which is my personal favorite case: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=119755
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
5547 posts
6075 upvotes
GTA
@Jep4444 and @Niklasky and anyone else who wants to chime in, here's revised, let us know what you think, approx. same cost $2,500ish + tax:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core/12-Thread 7nm ZEN 3 Processor | Socket AM4 3.7GHz base, 4.6GHz boost, 65W Wraith Stealth Cooler 100-100000065BOX - same*CC rep recommended 5900 over 5800, but stuck with 5600 since we’re not doing heavy duty processing (AutoCAD, etc.) and 5900 is almost twice the cost

1. ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 OC 8GB GDDR6 | 14 Gbps | PCI-E 4.0, 2x HDMI, 3x DP TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING - no change

2. ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX gaming motherboard Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ( PCIe® 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS FlashBack, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB header and AURA Sync)

3. Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) - no change

4. WD Black SN750 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 Read:3430MB/s,Write: 3000MB/s SSD (WDS100T3X0C)*the CC rep recommended Black over Blue for faster speed and future-proofing

5. Fractal Design Meshify C White Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-WT-TGC)*did not get any additional fans, can always add later if system is running too hot

6. InWin P Series P75, 750 Watt 80+ Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply - no change

7. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, Silencio FP120 Fan, 4 CDC 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151 - no change

8. MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64-Bit English OEM DVD (KW9-00140) - no change

- removed KINGSTON A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 Read: 2000MB/s; Write: 1100MB/s Solid State Drive (SA2000M8/250G)

- removed Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan with build-in white LED, as extra fan may not be needed at this time, may add on later

All In One Laptop/Desktop Setup
Operating System Installation Addon to System Build

$2,500 is way more than we wanted to pay. This build, pre-COVID, would have been in the $1,500 USD range. If you compare it to similar builds on PC Part Picker it still seems expensive. Before COVID, we would have sourced these parts individually using PC Part Picker and built it ourselves. However, that doesn’t seem to be an option these days.

Are there alternatives to CC for putting together a gaming PC like this?

Thanks so much for your previous recommendations @Jep4444 and @Niklasky!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20565 posts
9082 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote: @Jep4444 and @Niklasky and anyone else who wants to chime in, here's revised, let us know what you think, approx. same cost $2,500ish + tax:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core/12-Thread 7nm ZEN 3 Processor | Socket AM4 3.7GHz base, 4.6GHz boost, 65W Wraith Stealth Cooler 100-100000065BOX - same*CC rep recommended 5900 over 5800, but stuck with 5600 since we’re not doing heavy duty processing (AutoCAD, etc.) and 5900 is almost twice the cost

1. ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 OC 8GB GDDR6 | 14 Gbps | PCI-E 4.0, 2x HDMI, 3x DP TUF-RTX3070-O8G-GAMING - no change

2. ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) AMD AM4 (3rd Gen Ryzen) ATX gaming motherboard Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ( PCIe® 4.0, 2.5Gb LAN, BIOS FlashBack, HDMI 2.1, Addressable Gen 2 RGB header and AURA Sync)

3. Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) - no change

4. WD Black SN750 1TB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe M.2 2280 Read:3430MB/s,Write: 3000MB/s SSD (WDS100T3X0C)*the CC rep recommended Black over Blue for faster speed and future-proofing

5. Fractal Design Meshify C White Tempered Glass Window ATX Mid Tower Case (FD-CA-MESH-C-WT-TGC)*did not get any additional fans, can always add later if system is running too hot

6. InWin P Series P75, 750 Watt 80+ Gold, Fully Modular Power Supply - no change

7. Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition CPU Air Cooler, Silencio FP120 Fan, 4 CDC 2.0 Heatpipes, Anodized Gun-Metal Black, Brushed Nickel Fins for AMD Ryzen/Intel LGA1200/1151 - no change

8. MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64-Bit English OEM DVD (KW9-00140) - no change

- removed KINGSTON A2000 250GB NVMe M.2 Read: 2000MB/s; Write: 1100MB/s Solid State Drive (SA2000M8/250G)

- removed Deepcool RF120W High brightness case fan with build-in white LED, as extra fan may not be needed at this time, may add on later

All In One Laptop/Desktop Setup
Operating System Installation Addon to System Build

$2,500 is way more than we wanted to pay. This build, pre-COVID, would have been in the $1,500 USD range. If you compare it to similar builds on PC Part Picker it still seems expensive. Before COVID, we would have sourced these parts individually using PC Part Picker and built it ourselves. However, that doesn’t seem to be an option these days.

Are there alternatives to CC for putting together a gaming PC like this?

Thanks so much for your previous recommendations @Jep4444 and @Niklasky!
How are you getting the card? Canada Computers is out of stock.
May 12, 2004
939 posts
189 upvotes
CC reserves their cards for prebuilds and existing backorders. These wouldn't show online.