Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

ASUS ROG Strix B550-XE Gaming WiFi - $209.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2022 5:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4836 posts
4323 upvotes
Calgary
Jordanferras wrote: What are the differences between 550-F 550-E and 550-XE?
Do they all have different issues?

Looks like F doesnt have wifi or thunderbolt header, different PCEI layout etc

F versus XE below:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/compare/ ... 487153-REG

Any of you guys mind giving me your thoughts on this board below versus the b550-XE:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=196471

Any benefits the Asus has over this board^?
Just get whichever one is cheaper.
teksavvy sucks
Dec 10, 2008
422 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
This board is a friggin deal. Has features that are usually only on top of the line boards (Dr Debug LED for example). I would buy this in an instant if I were to upgrade my PC today, but I currently content with my PC for probably another year or two (Going to wait for AM5 to mature then probably upgrade from my old 6700k.)

Don't get this board confused with the STRIX B550-E or B550-F. This board is a completely different SKU from those two and doesn't seem to have the issues those two boards have unless I am missing evidence that the Intel LAN on this board has issues (B550-F issue)
x
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1140 posts
917 upvotes
Ordered this MB Sunday.. shipping label created Monday as per notification. ETA was yesterday with Canada Post so I stayed home the whole day waiting and not leaving as signature is required.

Now it says Monday Dec 5th.

I may call and tell them the package will be returned to sender but I see issues of people not get refunded for a month.

I got my memory express stuff without any issue... why did it take CC days to send the package out. Not too impressed

Might go in store and buy one instead
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2007
1404 posts
1229 upvotes
umadbrah wrote: Just get whichever one is cheaper.
The main difference is that the B550-E and B550-XE can do 8x/8x PCIE where the B550-F and B550-A can't. Not a big loss in my mind.

On that note I've had a B550-A for nearly two years at this point and never had issues with the Intel 2.5G Ethernet. I didn't know this was a thing, I just installed the driver via Armoury Crate the first day and it's been working ever since. Otherwise it's an absolutely fantastic board I'd heartily recommend.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
4836 posts
4323 upvotes
Calgary
Flunk wrote: The main difference is that the B550-E and B550-XE can do 8x/8x PCIE where the B550-F and B550-A can't. Not a big loss in my mind.

On that note I've had a B550-A for nearly two years at this point and never had issues with the Intel 2.5G Ethernet. I didn't know this was a thing, I just installed the driver via Armoury Crate the first day and it's been working ever since. Otherwise it's an absolutely fantastic board I'd heartily recommend.
It's not important for most people. I figure most people just need one main PCI-E slot for a graphics card, taking up 16 lanes. Which all B550's can do.

I'm not sure what other people are using in additional PCI-Es other than a capture card or USB expansions.

I'm using a Asus Strix B550-i with only one PCI-e slot, and never felt like I was missing out on additional slots.
teksavvy sucks
Aug 3, 2014
14 posts
20 upvotes
Winnipeg
I currently have the ROG Strix B550-A with TP Link Archer TX3000E PCIE wifi card. Hoping I can sell the board and the wifi card and make up the money for this board.
Is it worth upgrading to this board for inbuilt wifi and other qol features? I use only one gpu (3090) and 2x nvme drives along with a sata storage drive.

Edit: I mainly use hard wired ethernet. Wifi is just in case.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1140 posts
917 upvotes
WickedSidhu wrote: I currently have the ROG Strix B550-A with TP Link Archer TX3000E PCIE wifi card. Hoping I can sell the board and the wifi card and make up the money for this board.
Is it worth upgrading to this board for inbuilt wifi and other qol features? I use only one gpu (3090) and 2x nvme drives along with a sata storage drive.

Edit: I mainly use hard wired ethernet. Wifi is just in case.
I dont think it is worth the effort to be honest. If youre going through all that it should be to upgrade board and cpu to newer socket or something.

I didn't realize but the MB came with a Asus HYPER M.2 X16 GEN 4 Card
I guess these are around 100 dollars to buy separately.

I think if you want to run a raid setup you could do it with this card easily if that's the type of thing you're looking for. Other than that, buying a new board to get a wifi version when youve got a PCEI wifi card and use LAN mostly? There have been LAN issues with some of the models. I haven't tried LAN on this but if for some reason you encountered an issue it wouldn't be an upgrade lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)