Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

ASUS ROG Zephyrus Gaming Notebook 15.6'' FHD 240Hz AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS RTX 2060, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD -- $1699 CAD

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 4:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31198 upvotes

[Canada Computers] ASUS ROG Zephyrus Gaming Notebook 15.6'' FHD 240Hz AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS RTX 2060, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD -- $1699 CAD

.
13 replies
Member
Nov 13, 2016
430 posts
525 upvotes
Ontario
Just note that there is no webcam or SD card reader in here. Specs wise it is very good. For some reason I seem to notice that the more expensive laptops gets, the less features and ports it has. Not for me but others might jump on it.

Thank OP
Still a Public Mobile customer.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Member
Jul 19, 2019
248 posts
546 upvotes
I'd think twice about buying something this expensive from Canada computers. I've only had bad experiences with their customer service.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 15, 2015
140 posts
226 upvotes
Windsor
Nephelae wrote: I'd think twice about buying something this expensive from Canada computers. I've only had bad experiences with their customer service.
Really? What happened?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31198 upvotes
CC has improved their return policy in the last two years.

As in, they actually have one now.
.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 7, 2007
10776 posts
2432 upvotes
can someone explain to me why Asus G14.... which is only slightly smaller than this and similar spec... would go for 2500 dollars and sold out since launch?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1437 posts
1084 upvotes
Whitby
kingofwale wrote: can someone explain to me why Asus G14.... which is only slightly smaller than this and similar spec... would go for 2500 dollars and sold out since launch?
Apparently the smaller form factor and better thermals compared to G14 is what I gathered.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2007
1849 posts
480 upvotes
Markham
how has their return police improved?
do they still allow for tons of dead pixels before offering exchange?
RH location wouldn't let me exchange a bad printer.
friend with business purchasing power warned me against them, too.
[inappropriate signature]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: can someone explain to me why Asus G14.... which is only slightly smaller than this and similar spec... would go for 2500 dollars and sold out since launch?
Because Canadians are getting ripped off. That same model goes for $1500 USD.
Last edited by chatbox on Jul 11th, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2011
1437 posts
1084 upvotes
Whitby
Magoomba wrote: Thermals will always be worse on the smaller device.
Prob the 1660 Ti is more suitable configuration for the G14
No, looks like G15 has some paper on the vent limiting it's thermal performance. Like someone has said above, in US it's not crazy price for G14. I'm looking to order one there to an amerifriend in case it comes on a sale. Even on regular price it makes sense to buy in US inspite of the dollar conversion.
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2002
3004 posts
674 upvotes
abshahul wrote: No, looks like G15 has some paper on the vent limiting it's thermal performance. Like someone has said above, in US it's not crazy price for G14. I'm looking to order one there to an amerifriend in case it comes on a sale. Even on regular price it makes sense to buy in US inspite of the dollar conversion.
I stand corrected. I know the G14 has better build quality as well. But ya $2500 is insane.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
Magoomba wrote: I stand corrected. I know the G14 has better build quality as well. But ya $2500 is insane.
Mind you, that G14 with 4900H and 2060 is going for 1,800 quid in the UK...that's like 3.1k here (with VAT added). So maybe it's the 'average' price we're paying...and it's the US that somehow got really good prices.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3537 upvotes
Burnaby
Just as an example of the large spread in pricing:

ASUS ROG Zephyrus 15.6" Gaming Laptop - Black (AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS/1TB SSD/16GB RAM/RTX 2060) - En
Model Number: GA502IV-ES76 [IINM, it's the same model as the one at CC]
Web Code: 14575599

$1599.99 @ Best Buy Canada -- SALE ends: July 16, 2020
Sold out online
Might be available in stores (YMMV / IMO: unlikely)

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)