Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Asus TUF 6900 XT $799 16GB GDDR6

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2022 2:15 am
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1984 posts
925 upvotes
Richmond Hill
May I know where did you get to know the 6750XT is getting canceled?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16849 posts
5317 upvotes
Markham
jacky190424 wrote: May I know where did you get to know the 6750XT is getting canceled?
You read it wrong.
Not getting cancelled
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sr. Member
Feb 4, 2015
629 posts
2236 upvotes
Calgary, AB
BatmanDeals wrote: Hotter then 6750xt / 403$ deal??
Depends on your budget. Both ways you are paying used or a bit better than used pricing for a new card. On a MSRP basis, the 6900 XT is about double the price of the 6750 so on a percentage of savings it's about the same.

On a $/fps basis, the 6750 is a better deal, but if you want to play at 4k, then paying up is probably worth it.

For what it matters, I'm in the market in this range and I'm waiting as I think this goes cheaper - 7900 XT is probably like 50% faster so this price should be the baseline going forward (ie, 2/3 the price for 2/3 the performance).

We'll see though!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
blackbirdman wrote: this makes no sense. the 6900XT is more than doouble the price of the 6750XT that was on sale..
It makes sense when the games you play won't run smoothly with a 6750 XT.
If you only consider fps/$, an integrated graphics card might make more sense than any high end or mainstream GPU.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Member
User avatar
Dec 3, 2019
238 posts
424 upvotes
Insane deal and totally worth it this card is still a beast even considering the new cards
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1380 posts
1640 upvotes
Knowhere
With today’s economy, new card will not be sold at msrp price. The new amd 7950x cpu is sold at 27% off msrp in China right now.

I know nvidia is not dropping yet, with the current layoff happening, people will not be spending the money on the high end gpu. Well, we will see!
Member
Oct 20, 2019
243 posts
210 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: A few titles? Pretty much every game I play nowadays has RT, there are dozens and dozens of titles that have RT and many more on the way. I have a 4090 there are no thermal issues whatsoever and very little gain to overclocking or letting it use unlimited power, in fact you can power limit to 85% and lose almost no performance.
Keep in mind, not everyone on here has the cash to afford a 4090. So realistically unless you have a 3090+, RT is pretty much useless if you can't get even get decent FPS on your card just based on raw performance of your GPU.

Good to hear about the thermals and undervaluing is a must with these new cards.
Production Rig: Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3090, 64gb RAM
Gaming Rig: Intel 13700K, RTX 3080, 32gb RAM
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2892 posts
1873 upvotes
AB
dchang83 wrote: Keep in mind, not everyone on here has the cash to afford a 4090. So realistically unless you have a 3090+, RT is pretty much useless if you can't get even get decent FPS on your card just based on raw performance of your GPU.

Good to hear about the thermals and undervaluing is a must with these new cards.
RT with DLSS 2.0 is perfectly capable on anything 3060 and up as long as your not trying to do 4K. 1080p and 1440p are just fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2892 posts
1873 upvotes
AB
lightmeup wrote: With today’s economy, new card will not be sold at msrp price. The new amd 7950x cpu is sold at 27% off msrp in China right now.

I know nvidia is not dropping yet, with the current layoff happening, people will not be spending the money on the high end gpu. Well, we will see!
Your comparing CPU pricing to GPUs? WAY different situations there, AMD will be forced to drop pricing because Zen4 isn't selling. The 4090 is selling out every time it drops at BB, the demand is there, 40 FE's ($2200+ per card) sold out in less than 20 mins when they dropped a couple of days ago and the more expensive AIBs are selling out as soon as they drop.
Member
Oct 20, 2019
243 posts
210 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: RT with DLSS 2.0 is perfectly capable on anything 3060 and up as long as your not trying to do 4K. 1080p and 1440p are just fine.
Not talking about 4K here. I have a 3080 12gb, and play at 1440p Max Settings, turned on RT on Cyberpunk and without DLSS i'm in the mid 30s, with it turned on low 50s don't think that is considered good RT quality, rather play with just DLSS turned on. There are more games coming out and this card will not be capable of 'decent' RT. I'm also running one of the best gaming CPUs 13600K, so this is not a bottleneck issue.

No point in using RT with 1080p would pretty much ruin the experience. 4090 would be the baseline to turn on RT.
Production Rig: Ryzen 5900x, RTX 3090, 64gb RAM
Gaming Rig: Intel 13700K, RTX 3080, 32gb RAM
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2892 posts
1873 upvotes
AB
dchang83 wrote: Not talking about 4K here. I have a 3080 12gb, and play at 1440p Max Settings, turned on RT on Cyberpunk and without DLSS i'm in the mid 30s, with it turned on low 50s don't think that is considered good RT quality, rather play with just DLSS turned on. There are more games coming out and this card will not be capable of 'decent' RT.

No point in using RT with 1080p would pretty much ruin the experience. 4090 would be the baseline to turn on RT.
CP2077 isn't a twitch shooter, 50-60 FPS is just fine when I watch my kiddo play it, I prefer the eye candy to higher framerates on just about anything.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)