Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] ASUS Zenbook 14" Ultrabook, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GeForce MX350 $999

Jun 15, 2020
45 posts
86 upvotes
After seeing the Zenbook in white I can't bring myself to buy this in grey.
Nov 25, 2007
263 posts
186 upvotes
Burnaby, B.C.
Thecheapindian wrote: This or the lenovo flex 14 with ryzen 4700u from Costco?

For me, 2 in 1 is cool but not necessary, use it here or there.

Don’t know which to go for as they are the same price, help!
If 2 in 1 is not a requirement, I would go from the Asus. Better screen (slightly brighter and more accurate colours) and the chassis is aluminum so it's going be stiffer and more robust.
Dec 11, 2012
234 posts
612 upvotes
Waterloo
chewysc wrote: If 2 in 1 is not a requirement, I would go from the Asus. Better screen (slightly brighter and more accurate colours) and the chassis is aluminum so it's going be stiffer and more robust.
True, probably will stick with the Lenovo.

CC updated their return policy so opened products cannot be returned, only in some cases up to manager’s approval. Don’t wanna risk buying it only to find out I don’t like it.

Costco gives 90days to return and 2 years warranty free.
Nov 13, 2017
111 posts
183 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a bit off topic, I have been using Zenbook UX430 for about 3 years and I just noticed my keyboard got bloated a bit (around the area of z, x button). Is it because I charge it all the time? Is it ok to continue using or I need to change battery? Pls help. All buttons are still working properly.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18784 posts
2057 upvotes
RosalynG779926 wrote: Just a bit off topic, I have been using Zenbook UX430 for about 3 years and I just noticed my keyboard got bloated a bit (around the area of z, x button). Is it because I charge it all the time? Is it ok to continue using or I need to change battery? Pls help. All buttons are still working properly.
I would change the battery.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jun 9, 2008
242 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
I guess it’s time to replace my 10 year old hp....

Not really in a rush to buy but this seems solid...I ordered and it’s on back order but it seems good!

Ryzen 4700 White Heavy Check Mark
Matt screen good quality good nits White Heavy Check Mark
Sleek White Heavy Check Mark
Decent graphics for light gaming White Heavy Check Mark

Non upgradable ram :S not sure if it matters as is 16gb

Is this the best deal in comparison to hp 360, Lenovo flex 5 and the Costco Lenovo? I dunno... but it seems nicer
Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
184 upvotes
Halifax
Online is backordered. Just got this email:
Thank you for the order 17##### you placed. Unfortunately, one or more item(s) you've ordered are currently on back order with our vendor.
We expect these items to arrive shortly, and we'll ship your order as soon as we can.
I hope they will just ship from their ON Special Order Warehouse.
Apr 6, 2008
105 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought this computer a few weeks ago and returned it. The specs drew me to this machine but the experience of actually using it was terrible:

- Facial scanner would sometimes not turn off after login needing a restart.
- Backlit keys were useless. You can see better when they are actually turned off.
- Touchpad would often have half a second input lag randomly that could only be fixed by restarting the machine.
- Very easy to accidentally move touchpad when typing.
- Fans would randomly come on pretty loud when the machine wasn't even doing something intensive and could only be fixed through restarting.
Nov 1, 2003
954 posts
362 upvotes
Very tempting, the spec on the ASUS looks amazing but I think I will keep the Lenovo Flex 5 because its a 2-in-1 with touch screen and pen.
Salesperson
Nov 25, 2016
539 posts
392 upvotes
Burnaby
ravi_sakic wrote: I guess it’s time to replace my 10 year old hp....

Not really in a rush to buy but this seems solid...I ordered and it’s on back order but it seems good!

Ryzen 4700 White Heavy Check Mark
Matt screen good quality good nits White Heavy Check Mark
Sleek White Heavy Check Mark
Decent graphics for light gaming White Heavy Check Mark

Non upgradable ram :S not sure if it matters as is 16gb

Is this the best deal in comparison to hp 360, Lenovo flex 5 and the Costco Lenovo? I dunno... but it seems nicer
I'm hoping for a deal on the Ideapad 5. Too much at 1.25k rn.
Jun 15, 2020
45 posts
86 upvotes
aurasphere wrote: mx350 is pretty weak
That's what I was thinking, it seems pointless adding an mx350 when the integrated ryzen 4700u graphics is as good as it is. Basically anyone wanting to actually game properly wont get any use out of the mx350, and anyone not looking to game or do GPU extensive work wont get any use out of the mx350.