Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] ASUS Zenbook 14" Ultrabook, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GeForce MX350 $999

Sep 30, 2007
128 posts
66 upvotes
Saint-Constant, Qc
j3welz wrote: Bought this computer a few weeks ago and returned it. The specs drew me to this machine but the experience of actually using it was terrible:

- Facial scanner would sometimes not turn off after login needing a restart.
- Backlit keys were useless. You can see better when they are actually turned off.
- Touchpad would often have half a second input lag randomly that could only be fixed by restarting the machine.
- Very easy to accidentally move touchpad when typing.
- Fans would randomly come on pretty loud when the machine wasn't even doing something intensive and could only be fixed through restarting.
My 8 years ols Asus also foes that from time to time. It's always due to windows update working in the background though
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3887 posts
3344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bubblegum86 wrote: Wow was showing stock and allowed me to add 2 to the cart. Must be popular Flushed Face
You can still add to cart if it's OOS, but I'm quite sure MemEx was already OOS when I checked hours ago before this thread started. Maybe they restocked though.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5284 posts
1064 upvotes
This is a great deal. I got a similar Zenbook from Microsoft store, the UX434 with i7-8565u, 16gb, mx250, and 1tb ssd, touch screen, and touchpad, for $1,150. If i didn't already have that, I would be all over this deal...
Jun 9, 2008
239 posts
51 upvotes
Ottawa
I think this is great! Super invested in this thread! Only downsides I can see...

1. Heat on screen due to design but apparently not an issue according to asus.

2. Un needed graphics card because chipset amd graphics sufficient

3. No charging over USB c

But overall I don’t see anything better!
Oct 27, 2006
902 posts
224 upvotes
Have a $200 credit don't know how to use it at CC... Maybe I'll buy this laptop and sell it for $200 cheaper...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2111 posts
518 upvotes
Ottawa
wow even with MX350 it's only 1.2kg? I wish they take out the MX350 and improve the cooling as Vega 7 is good enough for this and probably can reduce the weight further.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
3887 posts
3344 upvotes
Richmond Hill
skwan wrote: Have a $200 credit don't know how to use it at CC... Maybe I'll buy this laptop and sell it for $200 cheaper...
What kind of credit? Store credit? Try BST:GC
May 16, 2010
66 posts
13 upvotes
Scarborough
Is canadacomputers still limiting flexiti due to covid?
Jun 22, 2009
873 posts
228 upvotes
Kitchener
I have a quick question about your experience with 2 in 1:

Do you use it a lot? My daughter will go to university and wants 2 in 1 to handwrite notes. Does make sense?

Thanks!
edmondt wrote: Very tempting, the spec on the ASUS looks amazing but I think I will keep the Lenovo Flex 5 because its a 2-in-1 with touch screen and pen.
No political messaging in sigs
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1060 posts
55 upvotes
wanna buy it but looked at their return policy and scared....
Nov 1, 2003
954 posts
362 upvotes
The 2-in-1 definitely offers better workflow and I have since sold my Samsung tablet because the Lenovo Flex 5 from Amazon comes with the pen.

Pen apps I use Drawboard PDF, OneNote, PenUp (for coloring fun), Samsung Notes because it syncs with my Note 10+

Overall, I would flip to tablet mode around once a day? The pen comes in handy if you like to doodle your ideas or go-to class and take notes.

In terms of specs, this ASUS does hit all the bells, I wish my Lenovo comes with 4700U and 512GB SSD.

Then again it's just like looking for a home, there is price, location and quality... they all effect each other, imagine getting a 3 garage, 5000sqft home at Bay / Bloor for $150,000 :)

Zhopa wrote: I have a quick question about your experience with 2 in 1:

Do you use it a lot? My daughter will go to university and wants 2 in 1 to handwrite notes. Does make sense?

Thanks!
Salesperson
Jun 26, 2007
910 posts
648 upvotes
trihardbangz wrote: That's what I was thinking, it seems pointless adding an mx350...
I'd disable it and save the heat and power draw.