Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] ASUS Zenbook 14" Ultrabook, 3.6 GHz AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB LPDDR4, NVIDIA GeForce MX350 $999

Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
186 upvotes
Halifax
Noticed the full amount not just authorized but also charged and posted to my credit card, dated July 24, the same as order date. I thought companies only capture the money when they ship... not impressive especially when there is no ETA.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3918 posts
270 upvotes
Toronto
KennyTKO wrote: Back in stock. 1 in Barrie and 1 in Markham Unionville.

Also, it appears that Visions has reduced their price to $999 now as well. Ends today.
Note the one in Barrie is a demo. They offered it to me at the sale price of $999. If it's a demo, I think it should be sold as such. But no offer was made for a demo price.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2005
4824 posts
70 upvotes
Local
I cannot order online and have it delivered to my preferred store. The only choice is Barrie.
I also cannot order online and instore pickup at visions.
Apr 16, 2011
708 posts
320 upvotes
insinaty wrote: Noticed the full amount not just authorized but also charged and posted to my credit card, dated July 24, the same as order date. I thought companies only capture the money when they ship... not impressive especially when there is no ETA.
In my experience with pre-orders the money is taken immediately which secures you the item.
Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
186 upvotes
Halifax
jronald wrote: In my experience with pre-orders the money is taken immediately which secures you the item.
Agreed! Except it was not a pre-order, or advertised as one. It did not even say back order at the time I made the purchase; the notification was sent by email/text later in the day. I should have just grabbed it sooner; there was 1 available in Halifax the day before the sale, and probably could have gotten the price adjustment.

In case anyone else is wondering, they replied and said ETA for stock from the manufacturer is 2nd week of August, when orders will be shipped out.
Nov 25, 2015
85 posts
89 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
mjl_toronto wrote: Note the one in Barrie is a demo. They offered it to me at the sale price of $999. If it's a demo, I think it should be sold as such. But no offer was made for a demo price.
Yeah.. I've found that CanadaComputers is known to do that quite often. I was lucky enough to pick up a brand new unit at the Markham Unionville location. It's absurd really. Don't understand how they think selling demo units at retail prices is fair. They should also disclose them as demo units that are in stock on their site at the very least instead of having people constantly calling to ask, wasting everyone's time.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1081 posts
666 upvotes
Montreal
geokilla wrote: It was $550USD a few weeks ago and I got downvoted to hell for posting it.
You mean to Bolivia?
Jun 16, 2012
293 posts
1821 upvotes
I want to purchase it at Memory Express so I can get the IPR for 3 years. I see that London Drugs currently has this listed for 999 and is available. Does anyone know if Memory Express will price match London Drugs? I want to pick it up this afternoon as it is seems to be back in stock at my local store. I know that the listing on Memory Express says UM433IQ-BS71-CA but on the same page it says Part # UM433IQ-DS71-CA so it should be the same model as London Drugs. Thanks for your replies.
Dec 23, 2010
198 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good deal, all things considered. Dedicated MX350, 16GB, and Ryzen 4000 CPU @ $1000. That's hard to beat!
Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
186 upvotes
Halifax
zdenoZ wrote: I want to purchase it at Memory Express so I can get the IPR for 3 years. I see that London Drugs currently has this listed for 999 and is available. Does anyone know if Memory Express will price match London Drugs? I want to pick it up this afternoon as it is seems to be back in stock at my local store. I know that the listing on Memory Express says UM433IQ-BS71-CA but on the same page it says Part # UM433IQ-DS71-CA so it should be the same model as London Drugs. Thanks for your replies.
Thanks for mentioning London Drugs.

Ordered another one. Let's see which one gets here first, CC or LD. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Jun 16, 2012
293 posts
1821 upvotes
All of the Memory Express stores in my city now have stock of this laptop (as of this afternoon; each store got some today apparently) so if anyone is still looking.....
Feb 20, 2020
33 posts
9 upvotes
insinaty wrote: Noticed the full amount not just authorized but also charged and posted to my credit card, dated July 24, the same as order date. I thought companies only capture the money when they ship... not impressive especially when there is no ETA.
I'm in the same boat. I just emailed them to get more information. It is quite deceptive. Clearly they are looking to secure the sale regardless of the customer's experience. I am banking on the return policy since I couldn't find a display model to see in person in Ottawa before purchasing.
Dec 11, 2018
16 posts
4 upvotes
A little off topic, but i just bought the

Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05

AMD® Ryzen™ 7 4800H Processor (2.90 GHz, Max Boost up to 4.20 GHz, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 8 MB Cache)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 4GB
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 300 nits, 144Hz
512 GB PCIe SSD
4 years of warranty + physical dmg

for $2090 after tax for my bf whos looking at doing some mobile video editing on premier pro.

Is this better? or the Legion is better?