Canada Computers avoid for now

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2020 11:53 am
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO

Canada Computers avoid for now

Never really had an issue with them before, but they're basically unreachable at the moment. I've been trying for days now. Email, central customer service via phone, online chat. Local store doesn't answer either. I have two issues with two different orders and I'm stuck in limbo.

Between this and their new "no return" (Ontario) policy, I would avoid them for now.

Have had multiple orders over the past few weeks (multiple builds). Most were fine, but if you have an issue, it appears you're screwed until they get their act together again.
61 replies
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
To elaborate a bit...

Order something online. Power supply.
In stock online.
Doesn't ship.
Still in stock online three days later.
Still doesn't ship.
Goes out of stock online.
Still not shipped.
Can't cancel order online.
Can't contact them to cancel the order.
Could just order from someone else, but if they finally get their sh*t together and ship the order, according to their new special return policy, I can't return it.

Their customer service number says - we're not answering the phone. Leave a voice message.
Spent four hours on online chat yesterday - they don't answer.
Email sent a week ago - no response.

So yeah, at this point I'm kind of pissed..
Jan 12, 2017
626 posts
239 upvotes
Hopefully this is a temporary glitch, CC have responded in the past as one of the last BM stores when the doors were open, to cater to computer enthusiasts. I'll reserve judgment until the dust settles.

Thanks for the post and keeping us informed.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8625 upvotes
GTA
Curbside has been fine, I've picked a few things up from them lately that way. Hope they get on your shipping issue since curbside isn't an option for everyone.
c'mon get happy!
Mar 5, 2018
419 posts
231 upvotes
Some year ago I placed the first order with them and never come back because of their bad service.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
it depends on location....heard good stuff in Vaughan locations whereas other locations customer service is non-existent.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6364 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Friend just ordered a bunch of stuff from various locations for curbside pickup and he didn't have any issues.
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
I'm doing my first computer build as I needed a new hobby. Most the parts came in no problem, still waiting on CC. Unfortunately I bought it as a guest so I can't even log in to track a package. It's not worth it to contact them for a tracker.

It's funny how a site that charges for shipping can be in this kind of situation. I wish I would have known before ordering from them.

Is anyone who received their shipments from CC able to give a rough estimate of how long it took them?
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
I also didn't have an issue with curbside pickup - except for the Ryzen 5 3600 I bought, I didn't receive an AMD activation code for the XBox Game Pass.

It's the online order in particular that's the issue. Pay for shipping, don't get the product, can't cancel the order.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1648 posts
865 upvotes
They are seriously backed up because they used to do most of their business in-store and now most of it is on-line and they cannot keep up. All hands on deck trying to both receive products into their DC and get products shipped out. Most of their product used to be shipped direct to their stores from distributors, with the stores closed, everything was being shipped to one DC with limited capacity.
They are not the only retailer in this position. My on-line order from Home Depot for delivery was totally messed up. If you call Home Depot, you cannot get thru and if you do, its after a one hour hold. They do not have email. They do have text response - if you text them, they say they will respond after 5 days. Their website says they have delivered product that they have not and it also says they have to still deliver product that has already been delivered days back.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2565 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
da_123 wrote: I also didn't have an issue with curbside pickup - except for the Ryzen 5 3600 I bought, I didn't receive an AMD activation code for the XBox Game Pass.

It's the online order in particular that's the issue. Pay for shipping, don't get the product, can't cancel the order.
Same here, gotta vouch for curbside pickup, that's about it. The online system is messed up.

I spoke with a rep a week ago and from what he was able to tell me about the online ordering, and he didn't elaborate so IDK how they are got away with it but basically a ton of online orders from Canada Computers were made with stolen or fraudulent credit cards, and they were big orders for expensive parts, everything from monitors to motherboards to CPU's to GPU's you name it. Apparently all these items were shipped out to god knows where, items were delivered and then they were hit that these were stolen or fraudulent credit cards and payment never went through. So, Canada Computers has lost a ton of money & merchandise during this pandemic to fraudulent orders that were delivered. He told me the worst hit were the 2080Ti's. Basically all that were shipped, were never paid for (stolen).

The rep told me do curb side pickup because of these fraudulent transactions the online ordering system is all messed up. It looks like they are holding shipping out items until the money is approved on their end without chargebacks, etc. If you are going to order from them do curb side only and call ahead if anything. That's what I was told.

Also, if you are doing a build with them at the locations that do allow builds, if you use outside parts they will be quarantined for 4-5 days before they even start assembling anything, so yea ... its a bit messy right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8625 upvotes
GTA
They quarantine the parts for 4-5 days? Lol, are they afraid the component will cough on them? Maybe if we give it a little facemask...
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5438 upvotes
This is actually a very legitimate reason.

Things get put on hold for 2-3 days without any payment. I wouldn't be surprised their inventory is all googoo.
heyyahblah wrote: The rep told me do curb side pickup because of these fraudulent transactions the online ordering system is all messed up. It looks like they are holding shipping out items until the money is approved on their end without chargebacks, etc. If you are going to order from them do curb side only and call ahead if anything. That's what I was told.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1791 posts
1181 upvotes
Vancouver
heyyahblah wrote: Same here, gotta vouch for curbside pickup, that's about it. The online system is messed up.

I spoke with a rep a week ago and from what he was able to tell me about the online ordering, and he didn't elaborate so IDK how they are got away with it but basically a ton of online orders from Canada Computers were made with stolen or fraudulent credit cards, and they were big orders for expensive parts, everything from monitors to motherboards to CPU's to GPU's you name it. Apparently all these items were shipped out to god knows where, items were delivered and then they were hit that these were stolen or fraudulent credit cards and payment never went through. So, Canada Computers has lost a ton of money & merchandise during this pandemic to fraudulent orders that were delivered. He told me the worst hit were the 2080Ti's. Basically all that were shipped, were never paid for (stolen).

The rep told me do curb side pickup because of these fraudulent transactions the online ordering system is all messed up. It looks like they are holding shipping out items until the money is approved on their end without chargebacks, etc. If you are going to order from them do curb side only and call ahead if anything. That's what I was told.

Also, if you are doing a build with them at the locations that do allow builds, if you use outside parts they will be quarantined for 4-5 days before they even start assembling anything, so yea ... its a bit messy right now.
Kinda weird how a computer shop can't figure out how to make their online ordering secure. Wonder if they know about verified by visa and how it makes them protected from chargebacks due to fraudulent transactions.

Haven't had any problems going in and buying something (other than no refunds), though I am in Vancouver and don't have as much restrictions.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
4377 posts
1596 upvotes
I had bought something online and it was shipped in reasonable time... then I ordered something for pick up and picked it up in 2 days... I have not had issues...
RFD is bad for your wallet's health 😂
Rogers EPP - $40 Canada/USA-wide + 6GB since 2018
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2565 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
BernardRyder wrote: They quarantine the parts for 4-5 days? Lol, are they afraid the component will cough on them? Maybe if we give it a little facemask...
Swear to god that's what he said. They literally will not touch any outside CC parts for 4-5 days before they attempt to assemble the build. To make sure any "germs" have died off. Crazy but thats what he said.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8625 upvotes
GTA
No I'm not refuting they said that. It just seems a bit much, like a b.s. reason not to get to your system build right away unless you use all of their parts.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3379 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: Swear to god that's what he said. They literally will not touch any outside CC parts for 4-5 days before they attempt to assemble the build. To make sure any "germs" have died off. Crazy but thats what he said.
They're fking with ya. More like they let go a whole bunch of people (not like the stores are open, right?). Everyone knows the corona virus doesnt survive shipping.
Banned
May 20, 2020
464 posts
310 upvotes
City of Toronto
badOne wrote: They're fking with ya. More like they let go a whole bunch of people (not like the stores are open, right?). Everyone knows the corona virus doesnt survive shipping.
What about parts the customer brings to put into a computer they want Canada Computers to build?

COVID-19 viruses can survive on surfaces from several hours to days depending on several factors.
This may vary under different conditions such as surface type, relative temperature or humidity of the environment. The virus has been detectable up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/ ... tions.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)