Computers & Electronics

Canada Computers avoid for now

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2020 11:53 am
Dec 31, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
da_123 wrote: Well, you got further than I did - they responded.

My items are in stock (again), just not shipping.
Yeah bro. Wow I just looked at the site and the items I ordered also show in stock. Weird.
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
So, it looks like they added a function in their ordering system to cancel an order.

Maybe this is an idea that will catch on with other online stores... Winking Face
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Some guy flipped yesterday at the Richmond Hill store. A full time university student, as he made it very clear. Long story short, apparently he paid for some services including cable management. He was not happy with the cable management service and raised a complaint. Wasn't sure what the outcome was, but took up the rest of our time in line.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2565 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
djemzine wrote: Some guy flipped yesterday at the Richmond Hill store. A full time university student, as he made it very clear. Long story short, apparently he paid for some services including cable management. He was not happy with the cable management service and raised a complaint. Wasn't sure what the outcome was, but took up the rest of our time in line.
Oof, but I don't blame the guy. He probably waited a week to get the build done. If he used an after market cooler that's an extra $30 on top of the original build price and it's supposed to include cable management. Unless he forked out an extra $20 for basic cable mangement, or $60 for 'advanced cable management' then its supposed to come out nice and clean, no lose wires, no bs. It's supposed to look pristine at that price.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I went to Canada computers 25 minutes before they were closing to pick up an on -line order. The staff told me I could not pick up because there were already too many people in line to serve before closing.

Cancelled my order - bought from Best Buy instead.

I was really mad because I drove 20 minutes to get there after work - wasting time and gas. If it was 5 minutes before closing I would understand but 25 minutes? Forget it. ZERO apologies from the staff either. Done with them,
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9925 posts
7089 upvotes
Mississauga
So you're pissed off because the store dared to respect physical distancing guidelines provided by public health officials?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
heyyahblah wrote: Oof, but I don't blame the guy. He probably waited a week to get the build done. If he used an after market cooler that's an extra $30 on top of the original build price and it's supposed to include cable management. Unless he forked out an extra $20 for basic cable mangement, or $60 for 'advanced cable management' then its supposed to come out nice and clean, no lose wires, no bs. It's supposed to look pristine at that price.
I see. I did feel bad for both parties, especially after the customer started swearing at the staff.
Blanka
Dec 29, 2004
583 posts
813 upvotes
SWO
So, my order for two items that were in stock at the time, took 20 days to ship.

Things learned:
If you have multiple items on an order, they won't part ship it. Even with paying for shipping.
They don't just put an authorization through for the charge at time of order - they put the charge through.
Don't bother trying to call them. Even if you do get in a queue, it times out after an hour and disconnects you.
Don't bother with online chat. Even if they're online, they will never answer. Even after five hours.
Do a ticket if you need something. Expect to get a response in 10 days or so.

Really, don't order online from them right now. ISPU seems to be ok. But keep in mind for Ontario there is essentially no return policy right now. CC is the only retailer that I deal with that has gone this route.

I'm actually a bit of a Canada Computers fan - there aren't a lot of good options out there. Which is what made this disappointing. Anyways..
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
Thanks for following up with progress an update. At least I know what to expect now.
Life and Health Insurance Agent.
Licensed with 8 companies, access to nearly a dozen more.
Oct 18, 2019
91 posts
94 upvotes
da_123 wrote: So, my order for two items that were in stock at the time, took 20 days to ship.
Did your order status get updated promptly or an email sent when it shipped? My order is still in "processing" with "Order Status: Payment Confirmed"

My order was placed May 11th and parts were in stock but now I fear the motherboard I want may be backlogged along with a lot of other global shipping coming out of China. It's now out of stock or back-ordered everywhere except for a couple of places on amazon where it costs 2-3 times as much (one of which apparently ships from Italy!).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered from CC yesterday and 15 mins later, got an email to come and pick it up. That was fast.
Dec 31, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
da_123 wrote: So, my order for two items that were in stock at the time, took 20 days to ship.

Things learned:
If you have multiple items on an order, they won't part ship it. Even with paying for shipping.
They don't just put an authorization through for the charge at time of order - they put the charge through.
Don't bother trying to call them. Even if you do get in a queue, it times out after an hour and disconnects you.
Don't bother with online chat. Even if they're online, they will never answer. Even after five hours.
Do a ticket if you need something. Expect to get a response in 10 days or so.

Really, don't order online from them right now. ISPU seems to be ok. But keep in mind for Ontario there is essentially no return policy right now. CC is the only retailer that I deal with that has gone this route.

I'm actually a bit of a Canada Computers fan - there aren't a lot of good options out there. Which is what made this disappointing. Anyways..
That’s nice to hear. Hope I get my order shipped soon (it’s been almost 3 weeks). Do you have any idea how will the 15 day return/refund works? It says you have 15 days from the day of purchase but that’s ridiculous since an order takes 20 days to ship.
Dec 31, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
Quick update my items have been shipped. They told me they haven’t shipped because one of the items wasn’t available. If you have ordered from them make sure you contact them to see which item is holding your order back.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2010
2565 posts
1642 upvotes
GTA
djemzine wrote: I see. I did feel bad for both parties, especially after the customer started swearing at the staff.
Well that's uncalled for. I don't agree with that. Always keep your cool. Acting irate just makes things worse. He's lucky if he didn't get banned from the store. In the last few weeks I've seen 2 people told 'not to come back' to 2 different stores because of blowing a fuse on staff members and start throwing out slurs.
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
PowerOfEdge wrote: Quick update my items have been shipped. They told me they haven’t shipped because one of the items wasn’t available. If you have ordered from them make sure you contact them to see which item is holding your order back.
That's good advice but after reading all of the comments I've personally decided it's pointless to call; it is good you managed to get through to them! While I was hoping to build my first PC soon, I can't invest the time to get an answer. Thanks for providing the feedback, I've been eyeing this thread for a while to see everyone else's experiences.
Dec 31, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
SteveDfsin wrote: That's good advice but after reading all of the comments I've personally decided it's pointless to call; it is good you managed to get through to them! While I was hoping to build my first PC soon, I can't invest the time to get an answer. Thanks for providing the feedback, I've been eyeing this thread for a while to see everyone else's experiences.
Wait are you waiting for your parts? I suggest you use the cancel order fonction that is in your recent orders. You can also leave them a message. I got a reply the same day by email after using this fonction (I didn’t call). I basically told them to cancel what wasn’t available yet and to send what is ready to be sent. Hope I could help!
Sep 23, 2013
521 posts
305 upvotes
Windsor, Ontario
PowerOfEdge wrote: Wait are you waiting for your parts? I suggest you use the cancel order fonction that is in your recent orders. You can also leave them a message. I got a reply the same day by email after using this fonction (I didn’t call). I basically told them to cancel what wasn’t available yet and to send what is ready to be sent. Hope I could help!
Yeah, unfortunately I purchased it as a guest. I only signed up to CC online after ordering and I can't see my order online. I'm okay waiting at this point, it's been weeks already. Plus the parts all appear in stock and the prices seemed to jump on both CC and other sites.
Dec 31, 2019
7 posts
2 upvotes
SteveDfsin wrote: Yeah, unfortunately I purchased it as a guest. I only signed up to CC online after ordering and I can't see my order online. I'm okay waiting at this point, it's been weeks already. Plus the parts all appear in stock and the prices seemed to jump on both CC and other sites.
Oh I am sorry : / I suggest you to message their customer support with your order number (it should be in your email) in the meanwhile. You may have to wait a bit to get a reply tho. Hope you get your parts soon!
Jul 18, 2019
150 posts
72 upvotes
Ontario
two orders so far.. takes 1.5 weeks until shipped
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
My 2 biggest annoyances with Canada Computers right now:

1. Random Inventory: I'm building a custom loop and wanted to stay within the Corsair eco system. I liked their CPU blocks because they are interchangeable between AM4 and Intel. Well that was until I couldn't find any stock of them (besides BC CC locations). They told me they don't ship between stores and that they haven't received a shipment from Corsair in months and don't expect any more in the near future. So that day I ordered different CPU blocks from Dazmode. The next day 4 CC locations in Ontario have them in stock.

2. Selling open box items without telling the customer. I should have checked my bag of parts before leaving, but it wasn't until I got home that I discovered that one of my parts was already opened. To their credit, they admitted to selling me an open item and gave me the chance to either get a full refund or free exchange. Driving back to the store was annoying as it wasn't the closest one to me, but the one with stock.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)