Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] [Canada Computers]/$200/13.3 IPS FHD(1920x1080)/Fanless/N3450/4GB RAM/32GB SSD+m.2/12.9mm metal chassis/Poorman's XPS 13

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 11:15 am
Tags:
None
Jun 21, 2008
419 posts
98 upvotes
mississauga
prod wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 8:30 am
I seem to have a weird issue with mine that only happens occasionally.. Anyone else get this?
Sometimes I will press a key, but it will perform a Windows shortcut as if I am holding the Windows key. For example I was scrolling down this forum using the down arrow key, and the window minimized. Or typing the h key brings up Windows help.
When it does happen, it continues until I actually press the Windows key.
Is there some kind of accessibility feature that locks the Windows key on to use shortcuts?
I'm thinking if it was a hardware keyboard issue the Windows menu would pop up by itself, and wouldn't result in the latching behaviour.
I've had something similar happen, but did not connect with windows shortcuts, i will try and keep a close eye and see if it repeats itself. Good catch
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2955 posts
302 upvotes
Brampton
areyoukiddingme2k13 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 12:41 pm
Hi all,
I've done a good job at following the instructions in here and turning this lounge laptop into a lounge+ laptop!
I am having a problem hopefully can be solved by one of you smart folks. I've got my SSD installed and working now with Windows 10, but whenever I boot my laptop, I always have to select what drive I want to use to boot.
So I went into the boot menu and Option 1 is Boot Manager, and Option 2 is the default 32GB hard drive. When I try and select my new SSD as option #1, it's not a selectable option. How do I get the computer to recognize the SSD so I can have it automatically set as my default boot drive.
Are you talking about windows boot manager or bios?
Go into the bios (hold ESC when powering on) and choose it in that boot menu.
Other than that, you may not have imaged the SSD to be bootable. Might have to do a windows repair.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18435 posts
1679 upvotes
smartpat wrote:
Jan 21st, 2019 3:45 pm
Anyone knows how to make the default behavior of function keys as F key instead of “multimedia keys”? I am a keyboard person so can’t close window with ALT-F4 is driving me nuts.

On a clean win10 install.
Try SharpKeys. It does the changes in the registry so you don't need to load the software every time you boot.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1432 posts
442 upvotes
Winnipeg
areyoukiddingme2k13 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2019 12:41 pm
Hi all,
I've done a good job at following the instructions in here and turning this lounge laptop into a lounge+ laptop!
I am having a problem hopefully can be solved by one of you smart folks. I've got my SSD installed and working now with Windows 10, but whenever I boot my laptop, I always have to select what drive I want to use to boot.
So I went into the boot menu and Option 1 is Boot Manager, and Option 2 is the default 32GB hard drive. When I try and select my new SSD as option #1, it's not a selectable option. How do I get the computer to recognize the SSD so I can have it automatically set as my default boot drive.
If you select the Boot manager does it give you an option to select Drive 2 and drive 5? If it does drive 2 should be the ssd.

Then go and read posts 423 to boot directly to the ssd all the time.
Lorenzo
Jan 14, 2013
416 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
lorenzo1000 wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 2:49 pm
If you select the Boot manager does it give you an option to select Drive 2 and drive 5? If it does drive 2 should be the ssd.

Then go and read posts 423 to boot directly to the ssd all the time.
Wow - well that was easy.
Thanks so much for the direction! I am officially all set now with the laptop. :)
Dec 3, 2004
164 posts
7 upvotes
Manjaro linux runs great on this little laptop. Everything pretty much works perfectly and super light on resources. Great distro.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1610 posts
197 upvotes
did any of you folks end up buying a bigger and more powerful charger?
Mar 17, 2019
1 posts
Hey All,

Wondering about thermals you’ve experienced on the 4100. I just purchased mine and find its running at around 50 C on average with fairly minimal usage. Anyone else willing to share their heat experience?

Chhers
Jul 1, 2006
985 posts
32 upvotes
Does anyone have keyboard issues with this? after a few minutes mine starts to act up and the keyboard letters starting doing weird things like opening windows tabs and other things??? but after a restart it goes back to normal then again after a few minutes. Any one experience this?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
2955 posts
302 upvotes
Brampton
tripleflip wrote:
Mar 24th, 2019 12:59 am
Does anyone have keyboard issues with this? after a few minutes mine starts to act up and the keyboard letters starting doing weird things like opening windows tabs and other things??? but after a restart it goes back to normal then again after a few minutes. Any one experience this?
yup, I have an earlier post about it, the windows key seems to be triggered randomly. It's annoying but tolerable, however I have had some rebooting issues recently too.
I'm considering warranty resolution and going with a better model.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
2710 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Once in a while, my notebook fails to enter sleep mode when I close the lid. Oops.
I'm running up-to-date Fedora 29 off of an SSD.
Does this happen to you (in Windows or Linux)?

(You can tell when this happens by looking at the leftmost LED above the keyboard. But that is hard to see when the lid is closed.)