Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

[Canada Computers] Canada Computers Black Friday Flyer

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2020 3:56 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1478 posts
1276 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: now carefully open all the boxes and all the bags, and enjoy their return policy after.
Hasn't open anything yet, even the PC. I want to keep my options....open. Electric Light Bulb
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
508 upvotes
CCHIPSS wrote: $600
ARMOURY PRO PC A-005
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G 3.7GHz with Radeon Graphics
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H Socket AM4 - Dual Channel DDR4 3200(OC), M.2 - USB 3.1, DVI-D, HDMI, Micro ATX Mothrtboard
Kingston HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz CL16 DIMMs (HX426C16FB3/8)
Kingston A400 480GB SATA3 6Gb/s 2.5" Max Seq.Read:500MB/s,Max Seq.Write:450MB/s SSD (SA400S37/480G)
WiFi
Windows 10 Home
Interesting, Is Armoury PRO PC given a custom BIOS from Gigabyte for the motherboard or are the current AGESA BIOS already able to work with 4000 series APU. If you do eventually use it can you check what the BIOS version is. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1064 posts
491 upvotes
Torontario
CCHIPSS wrote: Hasn't open anything yet, even the PC. I want to keep my options....open. Electric Light Bulb
Commitment issues?
Dec 24, 2009
24 posts
9 upvotes
Ended up getting the MSI x570 Tomahawk @$259 online. Still waiting for a CPU.

Didn't see anything else that was worth it.
Feb 1, 2015
71 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone ever done a price match after the fact? Bought a couple of NAS drives the other day and now the price is $30 lower. I've submitted a ticket on their website... how long does it take for someone to respond?
Dec 28, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
Originally I want to build a mid range gaming pc (~ 1500) this year but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of good deals other than the nvme SSD. 3600 is too expensive, Maybe it is just my expectation is too high? It seems like it is better to wait for 3060 Ti and build around boxing week or so...Not sure if I should get the nvme drive now.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49443 posts
5850 upvotes
Toronto
BadBichLover wrote: Originally I want to build a mid range gaming pc (~ 1500) this year but it doesn't seem like there is a lot of good deals other than the nvme SSD. 3600 is too expensive, Maybe it is just my expectation is too high? It seems like it is better to wait for 3060 Ti and build around boxing week or so...Not sure if I should get the nvme drive now.
I don't think Boxing Day will be any different to be honest. If you like something just get it now and part your PC slowly. Maybe the pricing isn't as good as you want it to be but you have to keep in mind lots of other people are also building PC's because of COVID isolation and so the demand is higher therefore not much discounts?
Dec 28, 2019
83 posts
29 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I don't think Boxing Day will be any different to be honest. If you like something just get it now and part your PC slowly.
Sigh, the problem is I don't have a PC now and I want to get everything at once. If not, it is a hassle after the return policy expired.....
Jan 12, 2017
175 posts
55 upvotes
Do your guys know where to buy 4th gen or 5th gen i3 or i5? I have a G3258. Want to upgrade.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28046 posts
8482 upvotes
redondo2017 wrote: Do your guys know where to buy 4th gen or 5th gen i3 or i5? I have a G3258. Want to upgrade.
LOL what? Those things are long, long gone from the new retail market. Best places to get stuff like that are on forum classifieds, kijiji, eBay, or shops that sell used parts. Realistically you may as well just upgrade/build a new machine at this point.

Nothing wrong with Haswell gen stuff, it's really quite competent for a lot of things and represents a good leap in power efficiency over previous generations. But, you're not gonna find that stuff on retail shelves anymore. Also with the moar core movement starting since Ryzen launched, the four cores of a Haswell i6/i7 are a bit paltry. If you can get a CPU on the cheap, by all means upgrade it. But otherwise it might be time to move on with a new mobo, ram, CPU, at a minimum.
Feb 4, 2005
127 posts
27 upvotes
Saw a crazy lineup today at the GVR Richmond Canada Computers today when I swung by the nearby Walmart. I wonder what they were lining up for? It doesn't seem like this thread is that popular.
Jan 12, 2017
175 posts
55 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote: LOL what? Those things are long, long gone from the new retail market. Best places to get stuff like that are on forum classifieds, kijiji, eBay, or shops that sell used parts. Realistically you may as well just upgrade/build a new machine at this point.

Nothing wrong with Haswell gen stuff, it's really quite competent for a lot of things and represents a good leap in power efficiency over previous generations. But, you're not gonna find that stuff on retail shelves anymore. Also with the moar core movement starting since Ryzen launched, the four cores of a Haswell i6/i7 are a bit paltry. If you can get a CPU on the cheap, by all means upgrade it. But otherwise it might be time to move on with a new mobo, ram, CPU, at a minimum.
Thanks for the advice. I have not paid much attention to the new components. Where can I get some ideas on new mobile, ram and CPU for work only?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49443 posts
5850 upvotes
Toronto
mountaindew wrote: Saw a crazy lineup today at the GVR Richmond Canada Computers today when I swung by the nearby Walmart. I wonder what they were lining up for? It doesn't seem like this thread is that popular.
From what i saw briefly lots of their items are not available for shipping or online in general so i think people had to go into the stores to get the deals.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1478 posts
1276 upvotes
mountaindew wrote: Saw a crazy lineup today at the GVR Richmond Canada Computers today when I swung by the nearby Walmart. I wonder what they were lining up for? It doesn't seem like this thread is that popular.
I think only people in Ontario can order online, in a way "thanks" to COVID-19 restrictions. Everyone else had to line up, including Vancouver.

The Richmond one opened at 8am, and I went at maybe 9:15am on my way to work. Only a few people ahead of me, but I heard it was a much longer lineup earlier. Wasn't expecting much but I managed to get the ram and the sd cards I wanted. The guy in front of me bought a PC, not sure which one.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1478 posts
1276 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Interesting, Is Armoury PRO PC given a custom BIOS from Gigabyte for the motherboard or are the current AGESA BIOS already able to work with 4000 series APU. If you do eventually use it can you check what the BIOS version is. Thanks!
Sure. I will let you know. But I would imagine that it would work right out of the box. They probably updated the bios before shipping it.

The 4650G matches the performance of the RX550. The RX550 is not a powerful GPU, but it is impressive for an APU to match it.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-r ... erformance
Aug 6, 2011
238 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Online pickup function is back this morning... I got their air fryer and electric kettle on my shopping cart. Ready to pick it up at noon possibly.

Too bad their Midea rice cooker is not on sale, but $69 for a look a like Zojunshi rice cooker is not bad.

I need a smartphone too, Motorola G fast is listed on the flyer.
Oct 8, 2020
301 posts
271 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Those are good prices for flash memory aren't they?

128 gb usb 3.0 stick for $13
Where do you see that?
Cheapest I see is KINGSTON DataTraveler 100 G3 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for $16.99 and reg $24.99
- - - > Life is a waste of time.