• Jan 14th, 2019 4:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1145 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
lubmar wrote: how is it the CPU liquid cooler for $24.99 ? any improvement (and how big) over the standard 2200G cooler ?
Just look at the price as 54.99. I see MIR's as surprise money back because who knows if you will get it or not. Dont factor after MIR prices into your budget that is. And Im not sure how credible Gamdias is in there MIR and even the quality of their products. I wouldnt mind a keyboard or mouse because if it fails it fails, but an AIO liquid cooler would make me pause a few times and think maybe I should buy into a company that's just more into it.....
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14214 posts
4351 upvotes
Montreal
govas19 wrote: I have the 250Gb version of this, had it for about 6 months. It was in my gaming PC and now it is the HDD for a Dell laptop I got from Microsoft store. I find it decent, no complaints so far. Maybe I got lucky.
Don't speak too soon, as Reddit estimates there is only a 40% chance to make it to a year with one of these.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Mar 25, 2006
656 posts
84 upvotes
Hamilton
Wish there was 10tb WD on sale .. sucks to be in Canada
Feb 4, 2016
85 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
JackWhyte wrote: And die in 2 hours.

Those Team Group SSDs are just horrible and have terrible DOA and early-death-rates, and even if it works the performance is extremely low, easily lower than a platter drive at writes (10-30 MB/s in some cases)
Damn even the USBs? I really wanted to grab the HP ssd, team group USB and adata sd card.
Jan 17, 2017
65 posts
22 upvotes
New to SSD. How is the HP 240GB SSD? Quality and speed? Planning to install into my Lenovo G510 laptop.
Feb 18, 2018
548 posts
683 upvotes
Wonder what the hero 7 black is going for
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7296 posts
4774 upvotes
Canada
$125 Asus Rog Strix B450....... anyone else have this deal as well? I don't have a CC near me
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13245 posts
4347 upvotes
Ottawa
jbar25 wrote: I did google it, which is where I read that the switch only supports UHS1. Is U3 referring to something different than UHS3? An article written Dec 2018 on Nintendo life shows the "SanDisk Ultra 200GB
microSDXC Card" as being the best card... This card is listed on sale in the CC flyer on sale.

"... the Switch only supports UHS-1 cards, which max out at 104MB/s in terms of speed. The UHS-2 types are three times faster, with a 312MB/s speed but that's irrelevant as the Switch doesn't currently support them"
You are confusing the bus interface with the speed class. The Nintendo Switch uses UHS-I cards, but can support speed classes of U3. Both are marked on the card. There is a third marking called Application Speed and the higher the number the better for loading apps. Currently there are cards with A1, A2 markings.
untitled.png

There are UHS-II and UHS-III cards but most devices don't support them yet.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Mar 5, 2017
58 posts
19 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: You are confusing the bus interface with the speed class. The Nintendo Switch uses UHS-I cards, but can support speed classes of U3. Both are marked on the card. There is a third marking called Application Speed and the higher the number the better for loading apps. Currently there are cards with A1, A2 markings.
untitled.png

There are UHS-II and UHS-III cards but most devices don't support them yet.
Thanks for the clarification. After that convo I went did some reading on it, and now understand where I was confused. I wonder how big a difference the U3 really makes for the switch. I ended up buying a U1 with a PM at best buy, but they had a decent deal on the U3 also.. I think it was only $10 difference.
Mar 5, 2017
58 posts
19 upvotes
jbar25 wrote: Thanks for the clarification. After that convo I went did some reading on it, and now understand where I was confused. I wonder how big a difference the U3 really makes for the switch. I ended up buying a U1 with a PM at best buy, but they had a decent deal on the U3 also.. I think it was only $10 difference.
I just answered my own question.. Anyone know if bb does returns on opened SD cards?
https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHacks/co ... =reddit-an droid
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11061 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
oncl0ud9 wrote: Wish there was 10tb WD on sale .. sucks to be in Canada
There's one in the US right now?
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1657 posts
126 upvotes
Scarborough
Does CC have special BD hours, or is it just regular store hours? You'd think there'd be some mention about hours on the flyer...

EDIT: Looks like you have to go to the store locator on CC's website for the BD hours. They weren't up when I last checked a couple days ago. xD
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3556 posts
553 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone gone into a store today? Wondering about the lines. The item I want to get is probably not popular so I don't need go if the lines are still a mess.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Feb 4, 2016
85 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Hahaha....I thought stores opened at 10am...cashier there said they opened at 6am....

Apart from that, only managed to pick up the Adata SD cards. Ajax CC is OOS of the HP ssd and Teamgroup USB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)