• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2019 4:50 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 4, 2016
85 posts
25 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Jonavin wrote: Has anyone gone into a store today? Wondering about the lines. The item I want to get is probably not popular so I don't need go if the lines are still a mess.
Went into Ajax store and it was pretty tame. Fairly busy with no lines
Apr 8, 2007
263 posts
67 upvotes
How the hell is there a line of like 30 people in Newmarket?

Getting the ismart for my mom, could have bought online but didn't want to wait and see if I could pick up the adata....

Moving pretty fast though. No line once I left. Adata oos. ismart might be oos also as they said they had one when they went to get mine. But there is a lot of stock online.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14214 posts
4351 upvotes
Montreal
DarkThugJack wrote: Damn even the USBs? I really wanted to grab the HP ssd, team group USB and adata sd card.
My comment was only towards the Team Group SSDs.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1113 posts
23 upvotes
For those wondering about the $300 gc with the purchase of a TV, it's shady/false advertising and doesn't apply to the TV's on the flyer. Apparently only to one specific Samsung TV that the location didn't have in stock anyways.
Oct 11, 2018
138 posts
85 upvotes
mc_bee wrote: That's unfortunate. I was pretty set on buying this card. I did some research seems like the fan problem can be fixed as it's just rattling on the cable underneath. It can be pushed in with a screw driver. So my option is to gamble on the gigabyte or spend $50 more on the evga 1070

When I type in gtx 1070 fan issues seems evga also pops up, along with gigabyte. So I guess it's a bit of gamble either way.
You end up going with either? I'm debating pulling the trigger on the EVGA 1070. Friends have it and have no complaints thus far.
Jan 5, 2017
62 posts
32 upvotes
I would have been all over that EVGA 1070ti but it was sold out as soon as the deal popped up online.
Oct 22, 2007
193 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
brandonw17 wrote: You end up going with either? I'm debating pulling the trigger on the EVGA 1070. Friends have it and have no complaints thus far.
Picked up the gigabyte. On new eggs there's 83% on 4 and 5 star reviews which I quantify as possible 17% chance of failure over 303 reviews. Evga is about 13% I think. But canada computer has some pretty good rma policy so it's worth it for me to get the gigabyte. If I was buying from newegg I wouldve gone with evga just based on the rma policy. Gonna install and see how I do today.
Oct 22, 2007
193 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
brandonw17 wrote: You end up going with either? I'm debating pulling the trigger on the EVGA 1070. Friends have it and have no complaints thus far.
Update:

Card works great, no coil whine with a corsair 760 ax power supply. No loud fan noise, didn't use the gigabyte software. The power ribbons are not hitting the fans, ran stress test and no problems at all.

boxing day win!
Oct 11, 2018
138 posts
85 upvotes
mc_bee wrote: Update:

Card works great, no coil whine with a corsair 760 ax power supply. No loud fan noise, didn't use the gigabyte software. The power ribbons are not hitting the fans, ran stress test and no problems at all.

boxing day win!
Glad to hear! I'd be interested to see if it lasts. From what I've heard, the fans are terrible.
Oct 22, 2007
193 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
brandonw17 wrote: Glad to hear! I'd be interested to see if it lasts. From what I've heard, the fans are terrible.
It lasted 1 day lol, slight bearing rattle in 1 of the fan, time to return and get the evga.
Aug 22, 2016
165 posts
111 upvotes
Montreal
mc_bee wrote: It lasted 1 day lol, slight bearing rattle in 1 of the fan, time to return and get the evga.
rofllllll
Apr 15, 2014
797 posts
732 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone get a chance to check the price on the hero7 gopro in the flyer? The flyer just said see in store or something.
Please respond
Nov 15, 2017
659 posts
434 upvotes
Do they accept open-box returns for things like keyboards and mice?
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14214 posts
4351 upvotes
Montreal
mc_bee wrote: It lasted 1 day lol, slight bearing rattle in 1 of the fan, time to return and get the evga.
This "cheap fan syndrome" is getting really old, and someone needs to flog those idiot bean counters who buy absolute China-junk in order to save a quarter-penny a unit and increase their annual bonus. It's not like the cooling fan is important right? :facepalm:

I just returned a no-name default Dell case fan that whined like an old lady, and the replacement Sunon is silent as death.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Oct 11, 2018
138 posts
85 upvotes
Haha I'm out of luck. My local store in Markham is sold out.

I was going to order it off Amazon, but doesn't come with the games (and had no MIR).

Newegg has it in stock but no MIR either.

Edit: Newegg just sold out apparently