Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

Canada Computers Weekly Specials September 18th - 24th

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 5:16 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
ah good deal on B550 board

want to buy it but afraid waiting for zen 3 release, its going to pass the return window
Sep 22, 2009
963 posts
360 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Sweet deals on the RTX 3080's!!!!
Oh....wait a sec.......
Winking Face
Ya, no 3080 no care.
Sep 6, 2020
51 posts
51 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: You can't even trust their warranty.
They don't stand behind it and change the rules when they feel like it.
Oh really? Tell me more. I'm planning to build a PC this fall and thought I'd get the 1-year replacement warranty on the GPU (and maybe some other parts) in case it blows early. Is there a possibility they won't honor the replacement?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1871 posts
4144 upvotes
GOLFINGGINO wrote: i currently have an Asus 31.5 inch 1080p monitor and the text is terrible on spreadsheets / pdfs / etc. would the Acer EB321HQU 31.5" WQHD 2K be a good improvement or should i just spend the extra money for a 4k monitor ? thanks
2k @ 31.5” is probably close to seeing 1080p on a 24” in terms of PPI.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5498 posts
5145 upvotes
Toronto
samuraizero wrote: [email protected]

Email the CEO. Express your distaste.
Last time I had to email him, I had a call from a store manager at 9:30am the next day.
I'm sure Gordon is going to enjoy seeing his Inbox explode very soon

IMO all CEO's should be required to publicly post their email addresses

Bezos apparently does it, although he probably has peons screen it for him.
Apr 15, 2020
75 posts
128 upvotes
Montréal
Canuck_TO wrote: You can't even trust their warranty.
They don't stand behind it and change the rules when they feel like it.

Don't get me started on them changing the rewards program rules and everyone losing half their value in rewards.
I recently bought a GPU with them and it wasn't working correctly. I went back, box opened, and they exchanged it for a new one withtout even opening the box lol
Mar 6, 2019
522 posts
802 upvotes
Toronto
Tpzyyy wrote: Looking for a 27inch monitor. Any good deals in here? Is it better to go for a ~24" instead that's a better quality? [future list of games to play: Diablo 4, Dota)
Any help would be appreciated!
Personally I feel like once you get to 27 inch monitors it is best to go with 1440p. If you are going to get a 1080p monitor, I would stick with 24 inch monitors.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2846 posts
1831 upvotes
AB
samuraizero wrote: [email protected]

Email the CEO. Express your distaste.
Last time I had to email him, I had a call from a store manager at 9:30am the next day.
I just sent him an email, we'll see what happens. Still **** them that I had to resort to this.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2846 posts
1831 upvotes
AB
Junigenmukyoku wrote: I'm still waiting for a refund of a $1000+ item that was received by them early this month. It was an unopened item that I returned because I found a better deal elsewhere. They really have no customer service it seems like. I can't reach a person on the phone because my calls get dropped after waiting for 1hr. I've been talking to a rep through emails but haven't gotten anywhere with it. Hopefully I don't have to do a chargeback, going to try until next week. I haven't bought anything from CC in a while and didn't realize it was this bad, yikes.
Do yourself a favor and just file a dispute with your credit card company and send them all the evidence, save yourself time and they will go after CC for you.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2008
1391 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
robento wrote: Oh really? Tell me more. I'm planning to build a PC this fall and thought I'd get the 1-year replacement warranty on the GPU (and maybe some other parts) in case it blows early. Is there a possibility they won't honor the replacement?
I had purchased the warranty on 2 dashcams.
1 failed and they gave me my money back on it.
When the second one failed they said that they never give money back and only replace the item. They gave me a used one as a replacement.
Of course the used one refuses to update to the latest firmware and consequently has problems and CC will do nothing.

I would think that the best bet would be to take a look at the warranty that they now offer. If you do buy it, make sure that you also keep a copy of the warranty as proof.
My daughter lost the paperwork when I had her return the first dashcam so I had no proof for the second one.

Also, I would suggest you use a credit card that includes an extended warranty. They're hard to get your money back with but at least it's another option.
Jun 27, 2017
68 posts
33 upvotes
Never buy or trust anything from Canada Computers.

Last year, I was in the process of buying a GPU I noticed that the box seemed liked it was open several times, I mentioned it to the sales rep and the cashier both of them were like "no its fine, that's how they are shipped". I insisted in checking the GPU before I took it home and they were like you can't unless you purchase it first. They called their manager and the manager said the same thing. I purchased the GPU and opened it in front of them and the seal was broken and the backplate had scratches. I opened it in front of them and the manager had the audacity to say, did you just open it. WHATT. Even if I did how the hell does it have scratches for a new product. They gave me a hassle for returning it and were like there's a restocking fee. Took me 2 hrs to go front and back to get my money back.

Never again. This was at the Canada Computers in Mississauga.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
VonGhost wrote: Never buy or trust anything from Canada Computers.

Last year, I was in the process of buying a GPU I noticed that the box seemed liked it was open several times, I mentioned it to the sales rep and the cashier both of them were like "no its fine, that's how they are shipped". I insisted in checking the GPU before I took it home and they were like you can't unless you purchase it first. They called their manager and the manager said the same thing. I purchased the GPU and opened it in front of them and the seal was broken and the backplate had scratches. I opened it in front of them and the manager had the audacity to say, did you just open it. WHATT. Even if I did how the hell does it have scratches for a new product. They gave me a hassle for returning it and were like there's a restocking fee. Took me 2 hrs to go front and back to get my money back.

Woah!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
2846 posts
1831 upvotes
AB
VonGhost wrote: Never buy or trust anything from Canada Computers.

I would buy something off Ebay from a brand new seller before I will ever buy anything from CC again.
Nov 9, 2017
99 posts
97 upvotes
samuraizero wrote: Might be if he's changed it. I emailed in November last year - copy and pasted the email right out of my sent email
probably changed it after too many complaint.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2011
1380 posts
1640 upvotes
Knowhere
Once a while cc does have some good deals, I personally have not had any issues with the product, I have shopped less and less now....

Last item was a pc case from them, I guess a pc case can't go wrong too much....
Dec 16, 2015
474 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I’ve personally never had a product from them fail.

That being said, the last thing I bought ($200) - I returned unopened due to the said crappy return policy. They even tried to sell me a clearly open box one as “new”. How would I know that the item doesn’t work if I haven’t used it yet?

Anyway, the guy in Ajax took it back with no hassle.