Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Canada Computers

CanadaComputers.ca: Kingston RAM Sale...

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 4:41 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5744 posts
4386 upvotes
a coin toss whether CC treats you better than newegg
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3725 posts
2049 upvotes
akw999 wrote: I've never bought anything from CC before but I've read all the bad reviews about their terrible customer service and practices in many other forums. However, they do have something that I want and it seems reasonable in today's gpu craziness. Do you have any advice for me or should I instead go to MemEx, BB, Newegg, Amazon, etc. and wait for stock?

Here is the bundle I'm looking at: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product ... _id=199078
Ultimately, you have to go with your gut but it's worth considering how a purchase affects everyone else, even it's only just that - consideration. I think MemEx is worth supporting or perhaps a local small parts store near you and if neither of those are possible, just get it from Amazon. Based on what CC and NewEgg have been doing over the last year or so, I won't ever buy anything from either ever again.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3729 posts
416 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Ultimately, you have to go with your gut but it's worth considering how a purchase affects everyone else, even it's only just that - consideration. I think MemEx is worth supporting or perhaps a local small parts store near you and if neither of those are possible, just get it from Amazon. Based on what CC and NewEgg have been doing over the last year or so, I won't ever buy anything from either ever again.
I didn’t know the background on CC, I wasn’t going to price match with MemEx as the difference is insignificant but I’m just learning about the price gouging, so I will.
Jul 21, 2021
632 posts
2484 upvotes
actng wrote: wow i was wondering why DDR3 RAM prices on kijiji went up by so much.
it's cuz new RAM went up by so much.
even the DDR3 RAM on sale is over $100???
no thx... good thing there're still ppl selling at 4GB for $15
I did not know there was still a market for DDR3 Ram. I have a bunch just sitting in a box. Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3725 posts
2049 upvotes
thegame99 wrote: I did not know there was still a market for DDR3 Ram. I have a bunch just sitting in a box. Face With Tears Of Joy
If you're building a server, DDR3 is infinitely better value. You can get 128GB (or more) very cheaply compared to overpriced DDR4.
Jul 21, 2021
632 posts
2484 upvotes
txenglan wrote: If you're building a server, DDR3 is infinitely better value. You can get 128GB (or more) very cheaply compared to overpriced DDR4.
That makes sense. I just thought most people would be using DDR4 since it's getting harder to find a motherboard that supports DDR3.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16823 posts
3339 upvotes
GTA
thegame99 wrote: That makes sense. I just thought most people would be using DDR4 since it's getting harder to find a motherboard that supports DDR3.
i have like 6 computers running DDR3.
What DDR3 sticks you got?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1340 posts
1976 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: This is pretty much precovid prices.

Hard to say if prices will continue falling since ddr5 production is ramping up
Not really. Most DDR4 modules are higher than they were last august. Larger sizes especially are still high, IMO.

I wouldn't buy from Canada Computers though. Would rather pay more and go to Memory Express or even support Amazon over CC. That repuation is earned by them and they're too stupid to realize it will be hard to remove it going forward.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
16300 posts
603 upvotes
txenglan wrote: Because it's from Canada Computers - a company that took advantage of its customers during the pandemic, had (and still has) many anti-consumer practices even before the pandemic and continues to gouge people on things like GPUs. They are hated and they deserve to be.
I was going to go to them to get a custom computer built, who's a good alternative?
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2566 posts
1752 upvotes
Harold91 wrote: Not really. Most DDR4 modules are higher than they were last august. Larger sizes especially are still high, IMO.

I wouldn't buy from Canada Computers though. Would rather pay more and go to Memory Express or even support Amazon over CC. That repuation is earned by them and they're too stupid to realize it will be hard to remove it going forward.
Harold91 wrote:
Not really. Most DDR4 modules are higher than they were last august. Larger sizes especially are still high, IMO.

Huh? What does this have to do with what I said...
JayTee1 wrote: I was going to go to them to get a custom computer built, who's a good alternative?
Outside of BestBuy, Amazon and B&H, I think all retailers took advantage of the pandemic.

Are you looking from them to build you a custom PC or just buying parts and then you assemble yourself?

If it's the former,your only big store options are Canada Computers, Memory Express or Newegg.
Oct 20, 2003
726 posts
207 upvotes
I ordered, lets see if they come through! Only showing 2 in stock online and ol'Cancel Computers is mediocre at best. If they cancel, no big deal, it's going into a server box that is sufficient, but this is good value to upgrade speed and GBs of ram

Thanks for the deal find OP
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2006
16300 posts
603 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote:

Are you looking from them to build you a custom PC or just buying parts and then you assemble yourself?

If it's the former,your only big store options are Canada Computers, Memory Express or Newegg.
Looking for them to build me a custom PC
2013 Contest Win Wishlist
  • Leafs Tickets / iPad / E-Reader / 46" HDTV / PS3 Gaming System / Cash / Guitar / Keurig
Jul 21, 2021
632 posts
2484 upvotes
actng wrote: i have like 6 computers running DDR3.
What DDR3 sticks you got?
I'm not home right now, so I would have to check after, but I know I have 2 Gskill sticks of either 4gb or 8gb DDR3. The rest I would have to go through my box of pc components to see what's there.