Expired Hot Deals

[Canada Computers] CC: Intel 9th/10th gen CPU $30 off with code CPHD00000047 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2020 11:53 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2007
499 posts
305 upvotes

[Canada Computers] CC: Intel 9th/10th gen CPU $30 off with code CPHD00000047 + FS

It is originally a bundle code. But as always, the code works with CPU itself for all models on the page.
It is said $30 - $50 off. But for most 10th Gen CPU, only $30 off.
Kinda warm for 10400 for $250.

And if you bundle a GIGABYTE B460M DS3H MB, then apply the code, you get $324+tax for the whole combo. It is cheaper than any AMD3600 + MB combo
Last edited by mohamade on Jul 1st, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
92 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9802 posts
5829 upvotes
Who's buying an Intel CPU in 2020?

Genuinely interested to know. Which CPU from Intel did you get / are you getting? And why that SKU?
Last edited by chatbox on Jun 30th, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2709 posts
536 upvotes
chatbox wrote: Who's buying an Intel CPU in 2020?
I bought an i9 10900 non k last month?

considering that cpu was sold out chain wide i got the last one in kitchener at the time. i dno probably alot of people?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9802 posts
5829 upvotes
westnylefx wrote: I bought an i9 10900 non k last month?

considering that cpu was sold out chain wide i got the last one in kitchener at the time. i dno probably alot of people?
Are you happy with the performance?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2007
1731 posts
997 upvotes
Toronto
chatbox wrote: Who's buying an Intel CPU in 2020?

Genuinely interested to know. Which CPU from Intel did you get / are you getting? And why that SKU?
Loyal intel customers and sever blades? Lol
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3472 posts
1569 upvotes
Specter, meltdown, zombieload and no innovation for the last 10 years just because AMD went on vacation. Please vote with your wallets and reward the company who actually put in the work. Intel will spring back eventually but they don't deserve your money until they dig themselves out of the mess in which they've buried themselves.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1180 posts
917 upvotes
TORONTO
txenglan wrote: Specter, meltdown, zombieload and no innovation for the last 10 years just because AMD went on vacation. Please vote with your wallets and reward the company who actually put in the work. Intel will spring back eventually but they don't deserve your money until they dig themselves out of the mess in which they've buried themselves.
I'd buy AMD without any hesitation if I didn't have an existing intel system. I wish I didn't.

Just bought a 9700 (from 8400) for upgrade. For ppl buying 10xxx CPUs, I just don't understand why. Probably exclusive gamers.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3472 posts
1569 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote:
I'd buy AMD without any hesitation if I didn't have an existing intel system. I wish I didn't.

Just bought a 9700 (from 8400) for upgrade. For ppl buying 10xxx CPUs, I just don't understand why. Probably exclusive gamers.
Even for gaming it makes no sense. For the AAA games these days the difference is the GPU. Everything else is irrelevant but what's not irrelevant is the undeniably superior performance lead AMD has in everything that's not gaming-related. Don't get me wrong, I'm no AMD fanboy. I buy whichever processor is best and have done for years, stretching back all the way to the glory years 20 years ago the last time AMD briefly took the performance throne. This time....Intel has really f-ed the dog and dug itself a huge hole to climb out of. No one should be buying new Intel chips in 2020. I still buy old Xeons for home servers but Intel for anything else - naw.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1180 posts
917 upvotes
TORONTO
txenglan wrote: Even for gaming it makes no sense. For the AAA games these days the difference is the GPU. Everything else is irrelevant but what's not irrelevant is the undeniably superior performance lead AMD has in everything that's not gaming-related. Don't get me wrong, I'm no AMD fanboy. I buy whichever processor is best and have done for years, stretching back all the way to the glory years 20 years ago the last time AMD briefly took the performance throne. This time....Intel has really f-ed the dog and dug itself a huge hole to climb out of. No one should be buying new Intel chips in 2020. I still buy old Xeons for home servers but Intel for anything else - naw.
Intel is still performing a bit better in games, gap's closing, but still better avg fps and 1% low fps (ryzen 4000 might change this over intel 10xxx). That's why I said for exclusive gamers. They all use the best gaming GPUs, and CPU, which is intel for now. I understand your point and I'm with you. But depending on the use case, intel CPUs make sense for them, since they use their rig solely for gaming. Main stream and high-end AMD and Intel CPUs have no real-life performance difference on light/medium load tasks. AMD CPUs pull far ahead on heavy multi-thread tasks, while intel leads (not a lot) in single thread tasks. That's just what it is right now.

I'm no intel fan boy, just stating what I see from the reviews. I love it so much that Apple ditched them.
Jul 29, 2016
139 posts
107 upvotes
I know I'm risking to be downvoted now but I thought amd ryzens have better value for money but if you need absolute performance Intel is still better.
If you have adjusted prices/discount from intel isn't it a better value now and all downvotes are just fanboism?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9802 posts
5829 upvotes
ihorzu wrote: I know I'm risking to be downvoted now but I thought amd ryzens have better value for money but if you need absolute performance Intel is still better.
If you have adjusted prices/discount from intel isn't it a better value now and all downvotes are just fanboism?
This really comes down to the specific type of workload that you need.

Apr 10, 2009
715 posts
123 upvotes
hansdoreen wrote: I'd buy AMD without any hesitation if I didn't have an existing intel system. I wish I didn't.

Even for gaming, its really down to the gpu.

I'm running my old 3770k (at 4.2ghz) with a 2080TI and modern games still fly at 120+fps. The cpu certainly isn't the bottleneck at high resolutions.

I'm just holding out for some sales on the latest gen ryzens as I'm way overdue for an upgrade on mobo/cpu/ram.
Dec 16, 2012
691 posts
408 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Any benchmark online will show Intel is still winning with the fps gaming race. I bought my 9700 last year and have a amd 2700 as my Plex server / second gaming machine and it hurts me to say it, I would still go Intel for gaming. Hopefully AMD kills Intel with single core performance and forces Intel to smarten up.

B
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2014
2709 posts
536 upvotes
KillerX wrote: Any benchmark online will show Intel is still winning with the fps gaming race. I bought my 9700 last year and have a amd 2700 as my Plex server / second gaming machine and it hurts me to say it, I would still go Intel for gaming. Hopefully AMD kills Intel with single core performance and forces Intel to smarten up.

B
Yeah and for Sony vegas and any single threadded apps. Intel still performs better.

I use a r5 3600 in a HTPC downstairs. AMD is great.