Expired Hot Deals

Canada Computers

Enermax LIQMAX II 120 (AM4) 320W + Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm Radiator (ELC-LMR120S-BS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 27th, 2020 9:24 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2020
4 posts
26 upvotes

[Canada Computers] Enermax LIQMAX II 120 (AM4) 320W + Liquid CPU Cooler 120mm Radiator (ELC-LMR120S-BS)

Trying to figure out if I should go with liquid cooling or with a regular CPU fan. I saw this deal and wanted to know if the liquid cooling is worth it.
19 replies
Mar 17, 2017
115 posts
26 upvotes
This is a liquid cooled deal in Hot deals section. 2 in total stock.
If you’re just checking then it’s not in hot deals..
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2075 posts
2624 upvotes
you need at least 240mm to beat a $60 air cooler.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1506 posts
4000 upvotes
ron8514 wrote: Trying to figure out if I should go with liquid cooling or with a regular CPU fan. I saw this deal and wanted to know if the liquid cooling is worth it.
What would have been nice is if we actually knew which CPU you're trying to cool.
I have spoken
[OP]
Jul 21, 2020
4 posts
26 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: What would have been nice is if we actually knew which CPU you're trying to cool.
I am getting a 10th gen i7
Feb 23, 2019
273 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
It's a good reliable Taiwanese brand, but how effective is a rad that small?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2591 posts
1547 upvotes
Calgary
BigSJW wrote: It's a good reliable Taiwanese brand, but how effective is a rad that small?
Well at least this isn’t the LiqTech cooler for Threadripper CPUs. Those ones would call into question “good” and “reliable”

(Search for Gamers Nexus Liqtech on YouTube for the nasty details.....)
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2430 posts
1609 upvotes
North Vancouver
Recommend the Cooler Master RR-212S-20PC-R1 for $62.99
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H22 ... _qh_dp_hza
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3762 posts
2443 upvotes
London
never buy an Enermax liquid cooler the first model of the tr4 cooler had many issues of leaking the newer model people complaint that the block gets plugged up. idk how there am4 coolers are but id never buy one of there cooler get any other brand.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2617 posts
2563 upvotes
Toronto
aaron158 wrote: never buy an Enermax liquid cooler the first model of the tr4 cooler had many issues of leaking the newer model people complaint that the block gets plugged up. idk how there am4 coolers are but id never buy one of there cooler get any other brand.
Keep in mind that Enermax (and the majority of the brands) don't actually make them. They source from companies like Asetek or Apaltek... Just because one model was faulty doesn't mean the brand itself is problematic. And hard to say that the OEM is also to be "blacklisted" - as chances are another couple of dozen models from them are working just as fine...
Sep 6, 2009
379 posts
332 upvotes
Enermax is becoming irrelevant. Their products are not what they used to be
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3762 posts
2443 upvotes
London
neonic wrote: Keep in mind that Enermax (and the majority of the brands) don't actually make them. They source from companies like Asetek or Apaltek... Just because one model was faulty doesn't mean the brand itself is problematic. And hard to say that the OEM is also to be "blacklisted" - as chances are another couple of dozen models from them are working just as fine...
well i mean they release the first model and it was widespread leaks so they release the updated model to fix the leaks and that had plug up issues. also when trying to get the replacement for the second one they made it a huge hassle they tired to say once the fill the warranty once the replacement has no warranty. even though every other company i've ever RMAed with before the replacement warranty picks up right where the original one left off is so if u have 2 years left u should still have 2 years the only time its any dif is if u are RMAing with in the last 30 days normally then they give u 90 days on the replacement at least thats how its worked at any company who cares about c/s. it took a lot of complains to get them to cave and honour the warranty.

pretty much any water cooler based on Asetek is pretty good. but not sure who makes enermax tr4 coolers they were custom i believe since they were the only coolers that had the bigger cold plate for threadrippers.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2208 posts
726 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been debating changing the wraith cooler that came with my 3900x, but I'm not sure it would be worth the money.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2566 posts
1751 upvotes

Assuming the product lasts, this doesn't seem like a bad deal.
I've been using the same watercooler for several builds now, but I paid a small fortune to get a D5 pump.

EDIT: I'm surprised by the number of people who have seen the Gamers Nexus video
Last edited by PerformingAzura on Jul 27th, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2054 posts
569 upvotes
Mississauga
Enermax has been off my list of recommended aio since the whole liquidtec tr4 issues. Better go with something else.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2448 posts
916 upvotes
No good..you need RGB light to cool down the cpu.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2075 posts
2624 upvotes
Amazon had it for 39.99.

cheap material, dont do it.
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1643 posts
563 upvotes
Kitchener
I've had the Liqmax ii 240 unit. After 2 years my CPU temps were very high. I ended up taking it apart and it was half dry inside [very little coolant came out]. I think the coolant evaporated out of it, or was clogging up. I tried to flush it and put new coolant in [I just used tap water, planned to throw it out anyways, it brought it back to life temporarily], but it was such a hassle that I ended up getting a Corsair H100i pro, which has worked far better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)